Chapter 2

The Painter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho looked at the intertwined flowers around jaejoong’s arm and can’t help but get this piercing chills running up his spine. It wasn’t the heavy rain fall nor was it the cold strong wind that is making his body go numb. He can’t quite explain it but there was something strange about these flowers. It wasn’t until the sound of thunder roared across the sky did Yunho came back to his senses that they are in a middle of a rain storm. Without hesitating, Yunho reached out and grab onto the flower before tearing them off of jaejoong’s arm. He then picks him up and carried him back toward the ship. From the looks of it the waves has grown both in heights and in strength. Even though this island is pretty close to the main dock, just getting there will be a life or death situation if he doesn’t control the ship well. He sat jaejoong’s body down before starting the engine. Rather than being scare or nervous, Yunho look at the waves in front of him with a excited smile. After spending so many years out at sea, Yunho has experiences all kind of weather and fought against different types of waves.

“Come on…show me what you got!” he shouted before turning the wheel as the boat moved away from the unfinished dock.

Lightening flashed across the sky as thunder roared. Waves splashed against the side of the boat making it rock back and forth as if they have accepted Yunho’s challenge.  He however was not going to be defeated by Mother Nature. He continues to spin the wheel moving the boat back and forth in a zig zag format as he push through the strong current and manages to control the boat well. It was half way through the ocean toward the main dock did jaejoong finally started to regain consciousness. At first he felt a slight pain in his head as he groaned before realizing his body moving back in forth. He lifted his head and notice Yunho standing there with a determine look on his face. It was full of excitement and thrill that jaejoong thought it was beautiful. Upon him trying to stand up only to be forced backward as his body collided with the wall did he gain Yunho’s attention.

“about time you woke up” spoke Yunho as he made a sharp turn causing jaejoong to stumbled forward before slamming into Yunho.

“W-what is going on?” he asked

“You sure do love giving me trouble don’t you? To think you still went to that island when a storm is approaching…”

“Storm?” jaejoong look out the window and notice the darken sky, the large waves, the heavy rain fall and the roar of thunder. He then turns his gaze back to the little island with an expression of bitterness.

“My…painting…”

“We can come and get it tomorrow when the storm passes…right now getting to safety is more important…!”

Jaejoong didn’t say a word as he felt his arm throbbing. He pulled up his sleeve and notice red marking as if something had wrapped around it tightly until red marking is visible. The expression on his face changed from bitterness to horror. One of the waves splashed against the right side of the boat as Yunho attempt to keep the boat floating above the sea water rather than having them both buried at sea. But because jaejoong wasn’t holding onto anything it caused him to fall forward as Yunho quickly reached over and grasped onto jaejoong’s right hand. He pulled jaejoong toward his body as he held onto him tightly while his left hand still controls the wheel.

“Hold tightly…we’re almost there!” said Yunho

Being this close to Yunho made Jaejoong’s heart jump as a unknown heat is burning deep inside him. After a few minutes Yunho manages to get them back to the main dock safely. Upon the arrival of the boat in one piece, Yunho’s boss who was on standby quickly rushed over to them before tying the boat down. The three of them rushed through the dock as they headed toward the nearby building before entering inside. To Yunho’s surprise his siblings where there waiting to hear any news from him. When seeing their older brother back in on piece they rushed toward him before hugging him tightly as tears streams down their face. He was then scolded by the older sister as well as his boss for being so reckless. All Yunho could do was apologize for making everyone worry.

“Please don’t be mad at him…it was my fault…I should I have checked the weather before going there…but I am grateful for him coming to my rescue…” jaejoong smiled as he bows to them as an apology. He knew Yunho’s family is already going through a tough time losing both their parents. The last thing he wanted to do is cause them more heartache of losing Yunho as well.

Upon seeing Jaejoong’s apological expression, they could no longer continue to be angry.

“Jaejoong sshi…I’m just glad the both of you are okay…” SooMin smiled as she doesn’t blame jaejoong.

“we should move away from the port…it could get dangerous…” said the boss as the rest of them agree.

Jaejoong was the first to take a warm bath as Yunho went in after him. Once Yunho is done be stepped out of the bathroom wearing a short, no shirt and the towel wrapped around his neck as he used the end to wipe his hair. When he reached his room he paused at the doorway upon jaejoong standing by the window staring out into the storm. The expression on his face looked trouble as his eyes wondered to Jaejoong’s arm where the flower had wrapped around. No matter how he thinks about it, it was strange for those flowers to intertwine together none the less wrap itself around a person unless it’s alive. At this thought Yunho shook his head as he enters the room.

“You should get some rest…” spoke Yunho

Jaejoong turn to face him and smiled “yes…”

“my brother will be sleeping with my sister today so you can take his bed…” with that being said Yunho sat down on his bed and continues to massage his wet hair with the towel

“Sorry Yunho…I didn’t mean to cause you any more trouble then I already did…”

“how many time are you going to apologize….it was my choice to go after you…”

“But…”

“No buts…but I do feel bad having to leave all your stuff behind…by now all your paints is probably ruin and that painting you were painting is probably washed out by now…”

jaejoong turn his gaze back the window “it’s alright…paints are meant to be replaced…beside…I was thinking of getting new sets…those are starting to get old as the color is no longer bright but dark…as for the painting…” he paused before continuing “…I can always paint it again tomorrow…”

“Eh…so you still going to paint that scene again?”

“That is the reason I came back here for…” smile Jaejoong

Yunho was quiet for a bit before he spoke again “This has been bothering me…why is there a grave there? “

Jaejoong turn to Yunho before sitting down on the bed opposite Yunho “so you saw it?...”

“Well…it’s not that hard to miss…”

“That grave…is my little sister…”

“eehhh!!” Yunho shouted in shock “but why would you bury her there? It’s so secluded…”

“I told you didn’t I…we use to come here often and my grandfather use to take us there to play…It became her favorite place…every summer she will beg for my parent to take us here and then beg my grandfather to take her there…it has become her haven...her strange obsession…she talks about that place…she even dreams about that place…it has gotten into a point where my parents were starting to get worry so they prevented her from going there…she would threw a fit and cry…when she fell ill and died…my parents decided to buried her at the place she loved most…”

“Isn’t it inconvenient to have to come all the way here to pay her a visit?”

“My parents are too busy to visit her and…It’s been years since I visit her as well…”

Yunho paused before leaning back a bit “it’s kind of sad and lonely to be all the way out there and not have anyone visit her…”

“let’s just say there were some family trouble that prevented us from visiting…as times flew by we just gradually forgot about her…we continued our life normally while hers have completely stopped…it wasn’t until the news of the construction reached my ears did I remember her…” jaejoong turn to look at Yunho with a sadden expression “it’s cruel don’t you think?...”

Yunho begin to think of what is the best response. He does agree that it was cruel for her family to abandon her and forget about her but at the same time it’s understandable. It’s been a few years since Yunho last visited his father as well. If he agrees to jaejoong that it was cruel and that he should have visited her it will only make Yunho into a hypocrite.

“I…don’t think it’s cruel at all…it’s can’t be help when you are busy to the point of forgetting…” Yunho smiled “but…I bet she is probably really happy now that her Oppa finally shows up…”

Jaejoong returned the smile “you are too nice Yunho…even though our first impressions of each other were pretty bad…”

Yunho recalls nearly beating up jaejoong for kicking his fish back into the sea as he clears his throat “s-so why were you unconscious when I found you?”

Jaejoong paused as he started to think. He remembers painting and almost finish when it started raining. The rain has washed the paints mixing it together. Jaejoong was about to gather his stuff and leave when something grabbed onto him pulling him toward the ground causing him to hit his head.

“I guess…it could be the same thing as trip and fall…”

“huh?”

Jaejoong chuckled “that’s the only think I can think off…”

“You…are indeed strange…” said Yunho as he slides under the covers “try and get some rest…”

Jaejoong soon followed Yunho as he too pulled the blanket over him as he lay down and closed his eyes. Before long everyone once again drifted to sleep. The only sounds that could be heard is the howling of the winds, the splashing of rains against the window and the thunder behind the darken clouds. The next morning to everyone’s relief the storm passed without any further issue. The entire village is filled with large puddles of rain water as branches have been rips from its tree and lay out throughout the street. Upon the sunlight reflecting on Yunho’s face, he finally groans from his sleep and slowly starting to open his eyes. At first glance the sunlight hurt his eyes as he has to close them once again while using his hand to block the sunlight. He forced his body to sit up as he yawned before stretching out his arms into the air. It was as if what happens yesterday was just another nightmare that is quickly forgotten. He glanced toward jaejoong who is still asleep and notices some flowers sitting on the edge of the bed. He raised one of his eyebrows wondering who placed these flowers in front of Jaejoong.

Yunho enters the small Livingroom where his other siblings have already gotten up to prepare breakfast “okay...who did it?”

“Did what?” Geonwoo asked as he nibbled on his toast

“Don’t act stupid…I know one of you sneak into my room and placed some flower next to jaejoong…as much as you like him…that’s kind of creepy…”

His siblings only look at each other before turning back to Yunho as confuse as he was

“Was it you Hyun Ae?” Soomin asked

Hyun Ae only shook her head “it’s not me…as much as I adore him I wouldn’t dare enter your room without permission…”

“I’m a guy so I can’t do something like that or I’ll be label as gay…” said Geonwoo

“Well…it wasn’t me either…” Said Soomin

Yunho look at his siblings and can tell they weren’t lying. His siblings never lie about anything. Even if it was them who were at fault, they will confess. But if it weren’t either of them then who or where did those flowers came from? Now that Yunho thinks about it, those flowers seem familiar as if he had seen them before. Yunho and his siblings peeked through the little gap of the door at Jaejoong slept soundlessly. The flowers still remain at his side almost like a decoration to a beauty.

“Damn…he’s so beautiful…” said Hyun Ae

“Well…if he is this pretty…I don’t mind going gay for him…” said Geonwoo as Yunho smack him on the head

“You can’t do that Geonwoo…Oppa is saying that he got first dibbs…” grin Soomin as Yunho got irritated and shoo his siblings away.

After breakfast has been eaten and the kitchen clean, the three siblings went off to school leaving Yunho along with jaejoong. Yunho just got done with the dishes when jaejoong emerge from the bedroom completely dressed as he clipped his long bang on top of his head revealing his forehead. Yunho can’t help but think that this style really matches jaejoong.

“Thanks again Yunho for letting me stay here another night…”

“No worries…we rarely have guest and my siblings took a liking to you…”

“Well I also like them very much…Eun bi was my only sibling so after she passed…the house have become quite lonely…”

Yunho turn off the water as he removed the apron and hook it to the wall “are you…still planning to go there?”

“I have to…I left all my stuff there remembers…but I want to first do some shopping for new canvas and paints…”

“Then I can drop you off at the shopping district before heading to work…”

“Thank you…”

With that being said Yunho drove them down the street before pulling to a stop in front of the shopping district. As jaejoong got out, Yunho handed him a spare key to the apartment. After giving jaejoong some details of how to get back to the apartment he drove toward the dock. Yunho and a few of the shipmates begin to load the boat with all the necessaries items for another catch. It is said that the best catch is right after a storm.

“How is jaejoong sshi…?” his boss asked

“He’s good…and if you are wondering…I’m also go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter