27--

I never knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their confessions, they were a little comfortable with some skinship. Chanyeol would tease Dara and keep calling her 'baby'.She still get blushed by that endearment. She's not usedd to this kind of nickname and the whole dating thing. Everything is new for her, also for Chanyeol but thanks to the movies he's seen. He get the idea of dating. Currently, Dara's sleeping with her head on Chanyeol's lap or so he thought. He took out his cellphone and took a picture of a sleeping Dara. 

Dara: "if you want to take a picture of me sleeping, make sure that i'm really 'sleeping' " 

She opened her eyes and saw a shocked Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol: "you're awake?" 

Dara: "obviously" 

She sat up beside Chanyeol while slowly taking Chanyeol's phone. 

Dara: "let's take a photo together? is that okay?"

Chanyeol: "of course" 

Dara holds the phone and tried to get a perfect light for the picture and when she does, *click*. Chanyeol took the phone in his hands and looked at the picture. 

Chanyeol: "it's cute. we look good together"

Dara: "i\m hungry"

Chanyeol looked at his watch and was shocked that it was already noon. 

Chanyeol: "why don't we go to a nearest restaurant here and eat? it's already noon anyway" 

He stood up and offered a hand to Dara. She gladly took it and never let go until they reached to Chanyeol's car. They drove until they found a restaurant. Chanyeol sat opposite to Dara and a waiter offered a menu. 

Chanyeol: "what do you like to order Dara?"

Dara: "Chanyeol, this is expensive. I don't think I can order anything" 

Chanyeol :"Dara, i'm here. Order anything. I can afford it" 

Dara: "but still,,... " 

Chanyeol: "then i'll order for you. is that okay?"

Dara: "okay" 

He looked at the menu once again and decided the food they'll eat.

Chanyeol: "i'll order a honey mustard chicken, Skillet Chicken with Candied Orange and 2 blueberry cheesecake" 

Waiter: "is this all, sir?" 

Chanyeol: "yes" 

Waiter: "then i'll come back with your order sir" 

The waiter took the menu and left. 

Dara: "we shouldn't be here, Chanyeol. the food here is expensive" 

Chanyeol: "i told you, it's okay" 

They fall in silence but Dara decided to talk.

Dara: "Chan. about what Uncle Seon-Woong said this morning. Did they really caught my father last night?" 

Chanyeol: "that's what my dad said. It must be awful to hear that your own father was captured but he did nothing but abuse you." 

Dara: "I know." 

Chanyeol: "you are much stronger now, Dara. Talking about your father like this seems nothing to you. Before you would cry and stutter and feel afraid but now, you even take the first move to talk about your father like that. And you've become the Dara I know. You're being a bit talkative. You're smiling now, you even let me do some skinship to you. You're taking to me comfortably now." 

Dara: "I'm trying to change so I can have that second chance Dr. Lee was talking about" 

Chanyeol: "and you'll get that because you deserve it"

He reached out for Dara's hand and squezze it lightly. In time, the waiter came back with their order. 

Chanyeol: "it looks so good" 

They started to eat. As they were eating, they talked about the past when they were still kids. When they were playing happily, the cute and embarrassing stories they've told to each other, the happy times when they were together. Chanyeol was happy because Dara was slowly getting better. He could see the glow in Dara's eyes. And he is going to make sure, it stays that way. 

 

It was getting dark when they decided to come home. But suddenly, Dara saw a woman get slapped continuously by a guy but stopped and walked away. He left the woman crying alone in the streets. She looked closely to the woman's face and tried to remember an encounter with the woman. Then it struck her. 

Dara: "Chanyeol, chanyeol stop" 

She tugged Chanyeol's shirt which made him stop. 

Chanyeol :"wae? what happened?" 

Dara: "pull over first" 

Chanyeol got confused and did what she told him. As soon as he pulled over. Dara got off and ran over to the lady which was across the street he pull over. 

Chaneyol: "Dara, where are you going?" 

He got off and followed Dara. He ran across the street and stopped beside Dara. He looked down, where Dara's gaze was, and found a lady crying.

Dara: "uhm, excuse me" 

The lady looked up to them and eyed them with curiousity.

Dara: "can you get up? here i'll help you"  

She walked to the lady's side and grab her arm around her shoulder, her left arm is on the lady's waist.

Chanyeol: "Dara , let me" 

He tried to get the lady but Dara insisted on carrying her to the car. Dara settled the woman in the backseat and Chanyeol drove to their house. When they arrive, Chanyeol carried the woman inside the house and put her on the couch. 

HyeJung: "Chanyeol, Dara, who is she?" 

Dara: "I saw her being slapped by a man" 

Tablo, who just got out of his room, was confused on who was the woman is. 

Tablo: "who is she?" 

Dara: "Uncle, I remember her. She was the one who saved me when DongWon almost me" 

The woman shot her head up to look at Dara.

Woman: "you-, you're Sandara, right?" 

Dara: "yes, I am" 

Tablo: "Is your name Park Bom?" 

Bom: "yes, that's right. How do you know my name?" 

Tablo: "I'm sure someone investigated on DongWon's club. You said that you saved Dara from DongWon. What happened? Why are you l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter