ICU

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung's POV
I rushed inside the headquarters.
"Someone help! Please! We have an emergency!"
I saw Irene rushed towards me with a worried face.
"Unnie, what happened?"
I tried to hold back my tears as the events flashbacks in my brain. I saw Yoona getting shot when I was about to enter our vehicle. It was one of the guards that we failed to annihilate. I took out my gun and finish him off but its too late as Yoona caught the two bullets. She falls into my arm and that time I don't know what to do.
"Unnie?!"
Irene looked at me waiting for me to speak. I swallowed the lump inside my throat as I tried to speak as audible as possible. It feels like the oxygen in my lungs are being .
"Yoona got shot during our operation. Please help me. Please save her. I'm begging you."
I was down on my knees as the tears I held back earlier flows.
"Please calm down. We'll do our best. Where is she?"
"Inside the van."
She nods and tap my shoulder. She called out the nurse and they came rushing to the van with a stretcher. They roll Yoona inside the operation room and all I can do is watch and pray for the best.
"Unnie?"
It was Seohyun. I look at her and the rest of the our team.
"How can we missed that one ing guard?"
No one dared to speak and all of them lowered their head probably blaming their self as well except Seohyun who is still being calm despite the situation.
"I know what you are feeling right now. I'm aggravated with myself too but if unnie is here with us, she will not like it if she sees us blaming ourselves for what happened. So please everyone, calm down. We need to report to the chief or we will be scolded by her when she wakes up."
She's right. I wiped my tears and stood up. I took one last deep breath to compose myself.
"Unnie, you're in charge for now."
Seohyun said and tapped my shoulder before giving me a reassuring smile.
"You heard Seohyun. She's right. Let us not waste our time blaming ourselves instead let's continue where we left off so that when Yoona wakes up we can bring her Good news. For now, lets report to the chief."
Yuri's POV
I woke up from my sleep. I looked at my phone and saw that it was 4am. Too early. I wanted to sleep more but I can't hence, I took my jacket and shoes so I can go to the pantry to get some water or coffee.
I was on my way to the pantry when I overheard the conversation of the guards.
"I've heard Yoona's team successfully captured one of the bigwigs earlier in their operation."
"Yea, however Yoona got shot. I saw the rest of her team and the medical team rushing her inside the operating room."
"Such a shame, I thought she's one of the best yet she's getting herself killed."
I stopped in my tracks, my hands where trembling. I turned around and walk towards the guards.
"Where's the operating room?"
They looked at me confused but answered me regardless.
"It's in the 3rd floor miss."
"Thanks. By the way, Yoona is the best unlike the both of you. Don't bad mouth her when you can't match or do better that her."
I walked a way and rushed towards the elevator. I pressed the third floor and wait for the elevator to stop while praying that she's safe.
Outside the operating room, I saw Sooyoung sitting lifelessly.
"Sooyoung?"
"Y-Yuri? What are you doing here?"
"Is it true? Yoona got shot?"
"Y-Yes."
I felt my heart is being clenched and I can't breathe properly. My head is so heavy. 
"H-How is she?"
She shakes her head before speaking.
"She's still inside. It's been an hour and the medical team are still inside trying their very best."
I sat on the bench as I felt my knees are about to give up on me because of the news.
"All we can do now is wait and pray."
We sat in silence waiting for the doctor to come out.
"She's going to make it, right Sooyoung?"
"Yoona is strong willed, she'll make it. She better be. She still have so many unfinished business. She can't give up now."
"Right. She still owes me a noodle date."
I smiled at Sooyoung. We waited for another hour before the doctor came out. We rushed to her side and asked about Yoona's condition.
"We have some difficulty removing the bullets from her as it barely missed her lungs and spine. Also, she lost a lot of blood. If you were late for another minute she might not make it. Luckily, you did. She's safe for now but she's still in critical condition and we might need to do another blood transfusion. Apparently, she's B negative and we used the last bag of blood earlier."
"I'm an O negative. That will do right doc?"
Sooyoung said and the doctor nodded.
"Great. Follow me."
"I'll wait here."
I smiled at Sooyoung before they left. I looked inside the operating room and saw Yoona lying down in a hospital bed with an oxygen mask. She looks more pale than usual but still beautiful nevertheless. 
"She might melt if you stared at my friend for too long."
I was busy admiring her that I didn't notice Sooyoung came back with two coffees in each hands. She handed me one.
"Thanks. I might as well admire her like this. You're friend is full of herself when she's awake."
"True but I guess you'd prefer to see her awake and annoying instead of lying there lifelessly."
"Yea."
"You love her?"
"Mmhmm."
"You're not d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter