Fragments from the Past

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s POV

We are now sitting inside the ice cream shop. I ordered chocolate ice cream for Yuri and vanilla for me, we are now happily enjoying our ice cream.

“I told you ice cream makes everything better.”

She just chuckled at me and I simply smiled at her.

“Yuri, where are your parents?”

She looked taken aback with my question but she answered it anyway.

“They are at home a little far from here.”

That’s not the answer I want. It’s a vague answer.

“I see so any kind of business or something? I mean what are your parent’s professions.”

“Well we own a preeetty small business, my mom is a doctor and my dad is the owner of our little business.”

“I see that’s why you always carry a first-aid kit and you are so good in your chosen career.”

She just smiled at me nervously.

“Yuri can I borrow the bracelet that I have given to you?”

“Yea sure. Here.”

She handed me the bracelet and I replace the white stone inside the cross with a black one.

“I didn’t know that the stone can be removed nor replace. So why black?”

I handed it back to her and smiled at her.

“Black means power, elegance and mystery, just like you. The color fits you perfectly.”

“That…is kinda cool. At least it’s not because of my dark complexion.”

We laughed at her comment and continue to eat our ice cream.

“So what qualities do you look for a potential lover?”

“Hmmm…Someone who is sweet, caring, smart and will protect me. Someone who will make me feel that I’m safe whenever I’m with her and most of all someone who will love me eternally. How about you Yoong?”

“I want someone who will catch me off guard, unexpected, unique, caring, sweet and loves me dearly. Someone who will help me to be a better version of myself.”

“I see. Don’t worry you’ll find her soon.”

“Hmmm I don’t think that’s the case though.”

“What do you mean?”

“I think she found me not the other way around.”

She looks shocked but smiled at me anyway.

“I guess you’re lucky then. You don’t have to find her. Saves your time huh”

“I am lucky. You know what Yuri?”

“What?”

“You don’t find love. Love finds you. It comes when you are not expecting it. That’s the beauty of love.”

“That’s…deep. But you know what?”

“Hmm?”

“You’re right.”

I just give her a smile and stare at her chocolate brown orbs.

TaeRiSun’s Apartment

I opened the car door for Yuri so she can step out of the car.

“As I promise I’ll take you home before wee hours.”

“I didn’t know that Im Yoona keep her promises.”

“Yah! I’m not that bad you know.”

I pouted at her and make a cute angry face. She just laughs at me.

“Yah! Im Yoona!”

I smiled at her reaction.

“Go inside. Taeyeon and Sunny unnies are now fuming.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“They are right behind you.”

I pointed behind her and she looked over her shoulder. She saw Taeyeon and Sunny crossing their arms with an annoyed expression.I laughed a little because they looked cute. I whispered something to Yuri before I turn her around and pushed her a little.

“I’ll get going now. Bye Yuri and Sunyeon unnies.”

Im’s Residence

I am now in my study room having a small talk with Mr. Shin and the head of my security Choi Sooyoung.

“So any findings from what I have asked you to do Ms. Choi?”

“Yes, Ms. Im. Here take a look at this information.”

I took the folder from her hands and read what’s inside.

Kwon Yuri

Heiress of the Kwon group of companies. Daughter of the number one business tycoon in South Korea, Kwon Sang Woo and one of the best surgeon Chae Si Ra, an incident happened when she was seven that causes her to be homeschooled until she finished high school and because she is fed up on being homeschooled she ran away from home. She enrolled in Blue Mountain State University and now one of the university’s scholars. The Kwon family is a close family friend of both Lee and Kim families.

I laughed at what I’ve read. The other two inside the room look at me weirdly.

“Not to be rude Ms. Yoona but why are you laughing.”

I look at her and smiled at her goofily.

“Because she ran away.”

“I’m sorry but I don’t think that’s something to be laugh about Ms. Im.”

“I know I know but what she had done is what typical Yuri would do. She’s that type of person. Stubborn, smart, and courageous. Once she’s decided you can’t change her mind.”

They look at me weirdly and saw Sooyoung whispered something to Mr. Shin.

“Yah! Unnie what are you whispering to Mr. Shin?”

“She said that you looked like a high school girl having your first girl crush.”

I glared at her threateningly.

“Want me to fire you Choi Sooyoung?”

“Oh come on, you will not do it even if I dare you to my lady.”

She just smirks at me and I pouted at her. That’s true, I love this unnie of mine we’ve been through a lot already. I cleared my throat and continue to what we are discussing.

“Going back, so she ran away huh? Does Mr. Kwon know?”

“Probably”

“I see. So she is the daughter of the richest man here in South Korea and the target of its competitors including my mother.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter