Calm Before The Storm Part 2

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri's POV

Today is the first day of the festival. I'm excited, we will be having the festival games today. The 5 departments will compete namely Accounts Business and Finance, Arts and Sciences, Architecture and Fine Arts, Technology and Tourism.

We are in the field right now waiting for the opening. I'm with Taeyeon and Jessica unnie right now. We are currently sitting on the bleachers.

"Have you seen Yoona and Sunny-unnie? The opening are about to start."

I asked them. Sica-unnie looked up to me as she was lying on Tae-unnie's lap while I'm on the upper part of the bleachers.

"Yoona will give the opening remarks as for Sunny and Tiffany they are assisting Yoona. Don't worry they will go here once their done."

Sica said and smiled at me. I think it's the first smile she gave to me, ever since we met. I wonder if they have already fixed the miunderstanding between her and Tae unnie. I nodded and smiled back.

"I'm thirsty..."

Tae-unnie blurted out.

"Should I get some drinks for us?"

I offered. Tae unnie nodded, I was about to stand up when Sooyoung came and stopped me.

"Here, Yoona told me to give you these. She said you might be thirsty."

Sooyoung gave us a bag full of various drinks. I look at Yoona where she was standing earlier and I was surprised that she's looking towards our direction. She waved at me and smiled. I waved back at her. Tae unnie nudge me so I looked at her and she's glaring at me.

"Taengoo, stop glaring at her. Let them be, stop being over protective for today. It's a fun event, let the kids and yourself have some fun will you?"

"But-"

"It's Yuri's first time with this kind of event. You'll ruin the fun."

"Fine but only for 3 days."

Jessica winked at me as if telling "I got you kid." I chuckled at them. Jessica unnie is cute when she's not grumpy.

Sooyoung joined us in our seats and the program has started. The dean gave a small and meaningful speech. Now it's Yoona's turn to speak.

"Good morning everyone..."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
"IM YOONAAAAAAA!!!!"
"MARRY MEEEEEEE!!!"

"Damn these fan girls." - Sooyoung said as she shake her head
"Cassanova. Hmp!" - Taeyeon unnie snickers.
"Ms. Popular ehhh???" - Jessica unnie commented

I turn my attention again to Yoona who is scratching her head cutely.

"Ahhh guys. Can we tone down the noise please and let the president finish her speech. Thank you."

Fany unnie said as she let out her famous eyesmile.

"Pft- HAHAHAHAHAHA she's annoyed right now. Look at her hands she's gripping the mic tightly."

Jessica unnie said. I looked at Fany unnie for a moment and she is really gripping the mic tightly.

"Erm...So going back, I want to welcome all of you to this year's school festival. I hope you will be able to enjoy all the activities we have prepared and organize. Let's make it memorable especially to those seniors out there. Have fun with your friends and family, the school is open for outsiders, granted that they have invitation from one of the students..."

"I'm not aware that we can bring outsiders..."

Sooyoung said.

"Oh yea...you came in late. I thought Yoona explained it to you. But anyways, about two weeks ago, the students received one invitation each from the Student Council. They said you can bring one more person and it is valid until the grand ball."

"I see. What a waste hmpfk."

"If you want one I can give you mine. I don't have anyone to invite anyways."

"Oh my God! Thank you Yuri!"

I smiled at her and turn my attention to Yoona again.

"...I guess that's in it for me. Tiffany and Sunny will now give you the instructions about the games. Again thank you and enjoy the 3-day event."

Yoona bowed and the crowd applause.

"Hey guys...So we will be having 5 sets of games today, each game has corresponding points. The department with the highest total points win. First game will be the Jumping rope for 20 points, the most number of successful jumps win the game. "

Tiffany unnie explained followed by Sunny unnie.

"Second game, will be the beanbag toss worth 30 points. Each team will be given 100 pieces of bean bags and a basket. It is similar to basketball, the difference is we will be using beanbags and the ring is in a form of a basket attached to a high pole. The equipments are painted according to your assigned colors to avoid confusion. The most number of beanbags win."

"Third game will be the scavenger hunt worth 35 points. The player will dive his/her face in the flour and get a card. The card will determine what you need to bring towards the finish line which is 100 meters from your starting point. The cards is located at the 30m mark. The first to cross the finish line will be the winner."

"Forth game will be the classic tug-of-war which is worth 50 points. So there will be a line in the center and each team will pull on opposite ends until the other team drags them to the opposite side."

"And finally the main event worth 75 points, the most awaited relay race. Each player will sprint and pass the baton to the next team member until you reach the last player and run to the finish line."

"I guess that's it and we will begin the games in 15 minutes. We wish all of you Good Luck."

The duo said in unison. Once done, they stepped down the stage and joined Yoona.

"I think their walling towards here."

Sooyoung said and wave at Yoona. Yoona just waved back. After a while they reach our position and join us in the bleachers.

"Here."

"Thanks."

She said and smiled. She sat beside me and put her head on my shoulders

"Tired?"

"A little...but its for the students so it's alright."

I smiled at what she said. She's sweet at times that makes me go uwu

"I guess we are all participating in the games."

Sunny unnie said with a paper in her hand. She looked at us and scratch her head.

"So what game are we playing?"

Tiffany unnie asked.

"Erm...Tae, me and Jess beanbag toss, Sooyoung scavenger hunt, Tiffany tug-o-war, while Yoona and Yuri relay race."

"Wait! Aren't we a little at disadvantage during beanbag toss?"

Sooyoung unnie said. Tae unnie turn to looked at her.

"Wae?"

"Aren't you a little vertically challenge for that game? I mean the basket is so tall and you guys are so small."

The three unnies glared at her while Yoona beside me is trying not to laugh however, when our eyes meet we bursted out laughing followed by Tiffany unnie and Sooyoung.

"YAHHHHHH!!! ULJIMAAAA!!!"

Tae unnie said whining while Jessica unnie held the laughing Sooyoung by the collar.

"Don't let go of her Sica. I'm gonna kill that giant."

Sooyoung still unbother and continue to laugh her out. Their bickering stopped when it was announced by the 2nd Year representative that the 1st game will now start.

"May I call on the participants to please gather here infront."

The game goes smoothly, we were so close to winning. It was a close game between our department and engineering department.

"Aish that was so close."

I said. Yoona then pat my head.

"Don't worry. The other games have bigger points. We can still win."

"Let's go guys. I think we're up next. Cheer for us you giants. Hmpf."

Sunny unnie said and glared at us.

"DANDYU! DANDYU! YA YA YA!"

Sooyoung cheer for them, it was so loud that we attract the attention of the other departments as well.

"YAH! BE QUIET!"

Tae unnie face palmed while the other two shake their heads, Embarassed.

"Good luck unnies~"

I said and gave them a mega watt smile to cheer them. They gave me a thumbs up before turning around and walk towards their team.

The game started and the teams began to throw their bean bags into the basket.

"Whoaaaaa! I didn't know that Taetae is strong."

Tiffany-unnie said. Tae-unnie was carrying Sica-unnie on her back while the latter throw the beanbags successfully in the basket.

"Yea. I thought her calf muscles and biceps were useless but I'm wrong, she is a little strong indeed."

I said, Yoona glared at me while I raised my left eyebrow at her as if saying "What?" She just rolled her eyes and turn her attention to the field again. I chuckled at her and hug her arm.

"Wait! Taetae have biceps?!"

"Uhhh yea. I always see it when she's wearing a muscle-tee around the apartment."

Yoonfany looked at me shocked, I just shrug at them.

"Enough with Taeyeon and her muscles. The game is finish. I think they won."

Sooyoung pointed at the field. The unnies were high fiving each other while walking back towards us.

When they reached the bleachers Yoona handed them the towels. Taeyeon unnie was busy wiping her sweat when Sooyoung sneak at her back and held her arms to prevent any movement.

"YAH!!!! CHOI SOOYOUNG!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

"TIFFANY!!! GO!!!"

I looked at Tiffany unnie and she was holding a pair of scissors.

"P-PPANY??? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?"

Tae unnie nervously asked the latter.

"Oh nothing Taetae we just want to see your biceps."

"Wait. What?! YAHHHHHH!!! LET ME GOOOOOO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Tae unnie shouted while wriggling her arms put of Sooyoung's grasp.

"TIFFANY! QUICK! CUT THE SLEEVES NOW!!!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! SHIKAAAAAAAA!!! HELPPPPPPPPP STOP ZONING OUT!!!"

Sica-unnie snapped out of her trance and glared at Sooyoung. She kicked the latter's calf and glared at Tiffany unnie.

"OWWWWWW!!! WTH?!"

When Soo let go of Tae-unnie the latter run behind Sica-unnie's back.

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT WE WERE JUST JOKING JESSI~"

"Yah! That kick was hard, are you a black belter or something aish!"

Sooyoung said while rubbing her calf.

"She's a former member of the soccer team Soo. Now go to the field the next game is about to start."

Yoona said after laughing her off while Sooyoung walked to the field.

"GO SOOYOUNG!!!"

I cheered, she pumped her fist in the air as a response.

The players are now in the starting line, when the whistle was blown they began rushing towards the flour where the task cards are hidden. I forgot to mention that there are several obstacles before that. They have to pass from the net, the tires and the eat a freaking watermelon.

"Sooyoung's long legs are useless, she's slow."

Sunny unnie said while shaking her head. Currently, Soo is ranking 2nd to the last.

"YAH! GIANT! PUT THOSE LONG LEGS TO GOOD USE!!!"

"STOP CALLING US MIDGET WHEN YOU AND YOUR LONG LEGS ARE USELESS!!!"

Taengsic unnies shouted. I saw Sooyoung raising her middle fingers up. I laughed at the scene.

The game finally ended with Sooyoung in third place while the Engineering Department won the game.

"Aish! Your tall but you are so slow. Anyways good job, at least you're not the last place."

Yoona said and pat Sooyoung's shoulder.

"Pft. Thanks."

"Alright! My turn, wish me luck guys."

Fany unnie said while stretching.

"Good luck ."

"Thanks ."

JeTi's friendship really amused me sometimes. After that exchange, Tiffany unnie walked towards her team.

"Shika, what's the meaning of ?"

"Oh...ahhhhhmmm...it means beautiful...hehehe..."

"Ahhhhhh I see...Hmmm...Iloveyou !"

Tae unnie said to Jessica unnie. Everyone was so surprised for a second. The first one to recover was Yoona who hid her face in my back trying to stifle a laugh. So I turn around and signal her to be quiet while also controlling myself to laugh. I slapped her arm as she is still giggling.

"Ahhhhh I love you more Taengoo-yah. Hehehehe"

"Taeyeon is dumb."

Sunnie unnie whispered, I whispered back a quiet yes as an agreement to her statement.

The game started, we won the first match agains the Arts and Science department but we lost the match against the Tourism department. In the end, the Tourism department won the game.

"It's okay guys. We will win the race."

I said and smile to cheer them up. I began stretching after a few minutes, the committee call us as the game is about to start.

"Come on. Let's go and kick some ."

Yoona said and offered her hand which I gladly accepted.

"Yeaaaa."

"GO! YOONYUL!!!!"

Our friends shouted, we looked at them and give them a thumbs up.

There will be 6 players each team, our team consist of Choi Minho, Park Jiyeon, Ham Eunjung, Lee Hyukjae, myself and Yoona. We will also run in that order.

We position ourselves and when we heard the gun sound, the first runners began to dash towards the second runners.

We are currently in first place, and I can say that Minho is a beast. He passed the baton to Jiyeon and the latter dash towards Eunjung who is alread in a running position. However, Goo Hara of the Tourism Department snatched t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter