Cold Summer Nights

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona's POV

*sigh*

"That's the 10th time I heard you sigh since we got here."

I looked at Soo tiredly.

"Get a hang of it. They are approaching."

I saw Yuri and the others walking towards us. We are waiting for them near the van.

I opened the door for them. They didn't even glance at me. I remain calm and maintain my stoic expression. I can't breakdown infront of them. I need to stay calm.

When everyone is settled, we drove off to our destination. The rest of the ride was filled with deafening silence.

We arrived at our destination and escorted everyone inside the house.

"I know that most of you...well all of you hate me right now but I promise that me and my team will keep you safe and protect you from anything even if I die. I will not ask for your forgiveness because that might be impossible right now but I'll ask for your cooperation."

I said and bowed to them and I didn't expect that my team will also do the same. They are also bowing.

"I'm not mad at you. You're still my Yoong and thank you for protecting us. I know its also hard for you and your team but please be good to us also."

Fany-unnie said and smiled at us brightly. I'm a little teary eyed but I tried my best to hold it in. The other girls didn't say a thing though.

"Thank you. Good night. We'll see you tomorrow morning."

I said and they continue to walk upstairs.

"And as for the five of us. Hyoyeon and Jessi will be in charge of the surveillance tonight. We will take turns every night."

"Yes maam."

They said and bid their good bye.

"You looked like buddy."

Sooyoung said while Seohyun nodded.

"Same goes for you. Go and take a shower unnies. Good night."

Seohyun said before going inside her room.

"Why does only the maknae have the room all for herself and the rest of us have to sleep in pairs?"

"Let her be. She needs a big room. You know she is the one doing the tech stuffs. Come on, race you to the shower."

I said and ran off to our shared room, leaving Sooyoung behind.

Yuri's POV

I will be sharing the bed room with Fany-unnie. Sunny-unnie said that she needs the room all for herself, doing God knows what. And obviously, I can't share my room with Taeyeon-unnie. I don't want Jessica unnie to be mad. Also the latter, well we're not that close yet. It's not like I don't want to be with Fany-unnie. Its just, I don't understand her sometimes just like earlier when she said that to Yoona.

"Yuri, which bed do your prefer the right or the left?"

"I'll take the right unnie. Thank you for letting me choose."

I smiled at her genuinely. I guess she's just this kind.

"I know you're surprised earlier when I said that to Yoona. Its true that I don't hate her."

"Can I ask why?"

"Hmm. Well I am surprised just like you. You know the things that happened and the information we got. It's hard to digest to be honest but I know Yoona. I've known her for years, she's a good person. I can see right through her. Earlier, she's in pain and tired. Also, I can see the sadness."

"How can you say that?"

"Yoona's doe eyes will never lie. Sometimes, you just have to look to the person's eyes to know what they really feel Yuwree."

She said and smiled at me before entering the bathroom.

I sighed as I looked at her retreating figure.

Yoona's POV

I can feel the drops of water hitting my body. The water is warm but not enough to reach my heart. I can feel my eyes heating up. It hurts so much. And without hesitation, I let out a silent cry while hitting the bathroom walls. I blame myself for what happened to Yuri tonight and the things that I have said to her. The guilt is eating me up and I can't do anything about it.

When I finally calm, I exited the bathroom and saw Sooyoung leaning at the side of the bathroom waiting for me.

"I thought you were already drowning, I was about to barged in you know. I already took a shower on Hyoyeon and Jessi's room as you take too long to finish."

"Its not that long. You're just impatient."

"Whatever. Let's have some ramen. Come on."

She said and put her right arm around my neck dragging me to the kitchen.

"Yah! Choi Sooyoung! It hurts! Ow!"

I yelp as I keep on punching her back but she just laughed at me.

"I don't know why do you still have the appetite to eat after what happened earlier."

I said as I play my chopsticks around the bowl.

"Imf ishtarbfing. I dinmdnt got thji chansh to eat earlier."

"What? Seriously, don't talk while your mouth is full."

I looked at her disgustingly.

"I said I'm starving. I didn't get the chance to eat earlier. If you're not going to eat, give me that. I'm still hungry."

She said and reached out for my bowl. I slapped her hand and glared at her.

"Its mine. Go it yours."

I said and began eating.

"I know, you're having a hard time right now. But I want you to remember why you are doing this. Its for your dad and mom...and now for Yuri."

She said before leaving me in the kitchen counter.

"Clean the dishes before you go te bed. Good night Yoong."

I sighed, she's right. I need to focus on that right now.

Jessica's POV

"You have you're ow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter