Calm Before the Storm Part 1

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's POV

"Uncle."

I greeted Yuri's dad as I take my seat infront of him, Mr. Lee was beside him as well.

We are currently at Sunny's home and the latter took the sit beside me.

"So, what's up girls? How's Yuri?"

"She's doing great uncle. She's currently the top 2 of our class."

Mr. Kwon smiled, proud of Yuri's achievement.

"Ahmmmm, I have something to tell you uncle."

He looked at me and nodded urging me to continue what I'm saying.

"I got some information that Yoona is not in Good Terms with Im Yerin. In addition to that, Im Yerin is not her real mother. They said that, Im Yerin seduced Mr. Im to get a good position. You know, financial stability, status and so on."

There was a deafening silence for about a minute and it was cut by Sunny.

"Hmm...So there is a possibility that Yoona and her dad have no idea what the witch is plotting. I've also did a background check with the Hwangs and the Jungs. It seems that they also have no idea on what is happening. I doubt that they are with Im Yerin and the others. Uncle and Dad, can we check further? Since they are also a member of this so called council, I think it will be great if we can get the Jungs and Hwangs as our allies."

I look at Sunny with mouth agape. She mouthed "thank me later" and wink at me.

"Hmmm. I think it was not a bad idea right Sangwoo?"

"Why didn't I thought of that? I'll do one more background check with the Jungs and the Hwangs. And of course, Im Yerin."

After a few more conversations with them about school and business, we bid our fairwell and drove off.

"Yah Lee Soonkyu! Why didn't you tell me that information?"

I said behind the steering wheel while she glared at me but answered me nonetheless.

"I just got the information today that's why I didn't get the chance to tell you about it. Plus, I enjoyed your shocked reaction earlier."

She just shrugged at me.

"Gomawo."

"They're my friends too. Also, you look lifeless these days. I have to do something you know."

I smiled at her, the rest of the ride is silent.

Jessica's POV

It's friday morning today and I'm here outside Taeyeon's apartment holding an ice americano in my right hand.

I looked at my watch while leaning on my car, we still have an hour before the class.

"Oh? Sooyeon-ah what are you doing here?"

"Good morning Sunny-ah, I'm waiting for Taeyeon, her car is not yet fixed so...maybe I can drive for her until it gets fix."

"I see, oh she's here. YAH! KIM TAEYEON MOVE YOUR LITTLE LEGS FASTER!"

"WAEYO?! YOUR LEGS ARE SHORT AS WELL YOU MID-"

She stopped mid-sentence and stared at me for a while. I just smiled and walk towards her.

"Good morning Taengoo."

"S-Sica...what are you doing here?"

"Driving you to school? Come on, its a hassle riding a bus. You're going to be late."

"It's more like, driving her mad. She looked like a mad woman gawking at you."

I chuckled and hold Taeyeon by the hand dragging her to where my car is parked. I opened the door for her.

"Get inside. Oh, here I know you like this."

She's still shocked but complied nonetheless. I closed the door and turn around.

"Yah! Midget number 2 and dark skinned kid hop in. We'll be late."

The two glared at me and I laughed at them.

The ride to the university was quiet. Taeyeon is busy looking at the window while Yuri and Sunny are busy with their smartphones.

"Tae...I was thinking...if..."

She looked at me and I gulped. She's just so cute with that confused look.

"What is it?"

She asked urging me to continue.

"If you want to go out this coming weekend."

She seemed shocked and looked at the back while the two people in the backseat is now looking at us as if watching a k-drama.

"I uhhh...Alright."

"What?! Is that a yes?"

She nodded. I smiled at her widely.

"I thought you're going to say no."

She didn't respond as she brought back her attention on the window. I noticed a small smile and a tint of pink shade in her cheeks. I still have an effect on her ehhhh???

Yuri's POV

We are now walking towards our classroom and everyone is looking in our direction, as if they have seen a celebrity.

Jessica opened the door for us. I noticed that Yoona and Tiffany were nowhere to be found.

"Jessica-sshi, may I ask if you have seen Yoona. Class was about to start."

Jessica looked at me before speaking.

"Oh about that, they were busy preparing for the event next week. You know Student Council duties. I guess you won't be able to see her today. She's the most busy among the student council members."

Jessica-unnie said as she take her seat and after awhile our professor walked in.

We didn't do much today. It was announced by our professor that no classses will be held today however, we need to go to our respective club to help in setting up the booths and some other stuffs. I'm busy fixing my belongings when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I look beside me and saw Taeyeon-unnie and Jessica.

"Yuri-ah...me and Jessica need to go ahead. Do you think you'll be okay by yourself? If not, we can just walk you to your clubroom."

"No...Unnie everythings fine. I'm with Sooyoung. Oh! Here she is..."

"Yuriiiiii~ Oh hi guys."

"Hey. Aren't you the new student?"

"Ah yes. My name is Choi Sooyoung."

"I see. I'm Kim Taeyeon and that barbie in the back is Jessica."

Sooyoung looked at Jessica, the latter has a bored expression in her face

"Don't mind her. She's always like that. Anyways, nice to meet you Soyoung. Please take care of our Yuri here. She's kinda clumsy at times."

"Yea sure. No problem."

After the short conversation, we parted our ways as their clubroom is located in the opposite side of the hallway.

When we arrived at the club room, the members were busy doing some decorations and some stuffs that we are going to use in our booths. The Dance Club decide doing a shooting range booth.

"Hey! Yuri and Sooyoung, please help me set up the booth. Please get the two boxes there and bring downstairs. I'll follow suit once I'm done here."

"Sure, no problem."

I lifted one box while Sooyoung take the other. We are now going down the building.

"Soo I'm kinda wondering, if you have already seen Yoona."

"Hmmm. Nope, not yet. Waeyo? Do you miss her?"

Sooyoung looked at me with a teasing smile while her eyebrows are going up and down.

"Yah! Aniiii~ it's just, unusual not to see her..."

Sooyoung didn't say anything but instead she smirked at me. I just rolled my eyes and stepped out of the elevator leaving her.

"Ughhhh this thing is kinda heavy."

I'm now walking where our booth is located when someone lifted the box I am holding. I looked at the person and was surprised to see her.

"You shouldn't carry heavy things you know. You should've let the boys in your club do this."

"Y-Yoona..."

She just smiled at me and walked beside me.

"I-I thought your busy?"

"Yea. I'm on my way to check all the booths when I stumbled upon you."

"I see."

We walked side by side, she looks tired...I wonder if she gotten much sleep.

"Alright we're here. Where should I put this?"

"Just put it there...Thank you."

I smiled at her shyly. After she put down the box, she walked towards me, giving her best smile.

"So Yuri, are you free this lunch?"

"Uhhhh yes, I think so."

"Perfect. I'm wondering if you want to have lunch with me at the greenhouse?"

I stared at her for awhile, looking for any mischievous signs. However, only her sincere smile and eyes are evident. I smiled.

"Alright."

"Thanks. I'll see you later then. I gotta go, you know student council duties."

She pat my head and walked towards the next booth. I stared at her still smiling.

"You look like a lovestruck puppy. I didn't know that, she have this kind of effect to you."

I turn around and saw Sooyoung standing behind with her arms crossed, smirking at me.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"From the beginning. So, don't try and bluff your way out. I heard EVERYTHING."

"Whatever. Just go and set-up the booth will you?"

I walked away from her and began setting up the booth to save myself from her teasing.

After an hour and a half we finished setting up the booth. I looked at my wrist watch and noticed that its lunch time already.

"Hey Hyo, are we all set-up? I think Yuri have an appointment this lunch time."

Sooyoung said and winked at me. I felt my face just heats up. Hyo looked at me and smirked.

"I guess we're all set. You're free to go now Yuri. Giant want to go grab some lunch."

"I-I n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter