Chances

Because of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri's POV

I entered the apartment slowly as I am still nervous because of the argument last night.

"Yuri?"

I turn around to find Sunny-unnie standing right beside the door through the kitchen.

"Hi unnie."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling okay. I bought a cake. Do you want some?"

"Sure. Let me get Taeyeonnie so we can enjoy the cake."

She smiled warmly at me before going upstairs to Taeyeon unnie's room.

I walked inside the kitchen and set the plates and untensils that we needed. Once I set the slice of cake in each place, I take them out on the living room and wait for the unnies to come down.

"Hi Yuri."

"Hi Taeyeon-unnie. Please have some cake."

I smiled at her and lightly push the plate towards her.

"Thank you."

"The cake is good."

I heard Sunny-unnie said. I nodded at her and continue to eat. Silence engulfed us, so I decided to say something.

"Unnies about whay happened last night. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you it's just..."

"It's okay don't worry aboyt it. Me and Taeyeon are at fault also."

"Sunny is right. We said things without explaining our side."

"We are just worried."

"I understand. Again I apologize but is it possible if you guys can give Yoona a chance. I mean she might be annoying at times but she is a good person."

After saying that, silence engulfed us once again. Sunny-unnie glance at Taeyeon-unnie as if giving her a signal to say something. Taeyeon-unnie sighs before speaking.

"We...*sigh* We will think about it alright? It's just, Yoona done something bad to you and there is no guarantee that she will not do it again."

I looked down on what she just said. Sunny-unnie held my hand to comfort me while Taeyeon-unnie give me an apologetic smile.

I guess I'll just be happy that they will still consider giving Yoona a chance. The subject about Yoona has been dropped and we are now talking about the upcoming exams when we heard a loud siren coming from the outside.

"Let me check what happened outside. Taeyeon, please stay with Yuri."

Yoona's POV

The ambulance that I called earlier has arrived and took care of the man. Soon after, the police came also.

"Good evening maam. May we know what happened here?"

"Ah yes. The man approach me earlier to ask for directions when suddenly he collapse and I saw blood coming out from the back of his head so I decided to call the ambulance however, it seems that it's too late for that. Upon checking, I can no longer feel his pulse."

"May we know what time does the incident happened?"

"I think that was around 6pm."

"I see. I guess that's it. Oh may we get you name for documentaion purposes."

"Im Yoona."

"Thank you very much. We'll go ahead. Please be careful on your way home maam."

I just smiled at them and turn to take my leave when someone called my name.

"Yoona?"

"Sunny-unnie. Good evening."

"I heard your conversation with the police. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, don't worry. You guys should be careful and cautious. Please tell Yuri that I said hi. I should get going now."

"I see. Be careful on your way home."

I nodded before walking ahead. I'm still thinking about the incident. I guess I need to speak with Sooyoung about this.

Sunny's POV

After talking to Yoona, I return inside the apartment only to see Taeyeon sitting on the couch. I take the spot beside her when she asked me aboyt what happened.

"Is there somethong wrong outside?"

"Yea from what I heard, a man was shot in the head."

She looked at me with a frightened expression.

"Not only that. I saw Yoona outside talking to the police about what happened."

I told her about the conversation of Yoona and the police officer.

"Suspicious. Don't you think this is planned? From what you have told me, it looks like it is planned. Normally, a girl will be ffightened and scared however you told me that Yoona is not even scared. In addition to it, her warning is also kind of suspicious. It's like she knows something."

"That's a possibility Tae. I guess we should call dad and uncle Kwon about this."

"Yes. We also need to be more careful."

Yoona's POV

"Hey Yoong."

"Hi Soo. Please take a seat."

"So what's so urgent that you have to interrupt my late night snack."

"There's something strange happened earlier while I'm with Yuri."

"What about it?"

"There was a man following Yuri and when I was about to get some information from him. Someone shot his head."

I looked at Sooyoun who is currently deep in thought.

"I already asked Mr. Shin to check the background of this man. Take a look."

I gave him the folder that contains the information.

"There's nothing special about his background."

"Which is weird. Why will they sent a man who doesn't know how to fight or even handle weapons?"

"Or they used him as a bait?"

"What for?"

"Maybe to test the waters when can they attack and to know whose around Yuri."

"That is a possibility."

"Let's be careful and double the surveillance around her."

"How?"

"Enroll to Blue Mountain University."

She looked at me as if what I said is some kind of a joke.

"Are you crazy? I don't want to go back to school."

"Do you have any other idea?"

She jusk shake her head.

"I want to kill you right now."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter