I Will Cut You

A Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Chapter 9

 

Just remember two can play that game…

 

“Mark!!!” shouted Jr. “You have some explaining to do.”

“Why are you shouting and what are you talking about?” said the confused Mark, busy working on a floral arrangement. 

“This,” as he tosses the newspaper on the counter.

Mark’s jaw drops as he reads the headline, "Hong Kong’s No.1 Most Eligible Bachelor Engaged To Tuan Enterprise’s Tragic Heir.”

“What did he do?” whispered Mark. “Jr I can explain. It’s a long story. You might wanna have a seat for this.”

 

After being filled in, Jr couldn’t believe his ears. “This can’t possibly be for real. And why did you agree? You should’ve came to me first Mark.”

“What was I supposed to do? I couldn’t let him close the orphanage.”

“I would’ve bought the orphanage from him or hell even open up a new one. You know I have the money and would do anything for you.”

“You think someone like him will just sell the orphanage to you? And even if he was willing to, I can’t allow you to do that. It’s my mess and I have to fix it myself.”

Knowing how stubborn his best friend is, Jr just shook his head in defeat.

“And how long is this arrangement for?”

“I honestly don’t know. Until I find the best possible solution I guess. I’ll figure something out. Don’t worry about me. You know I can take care of myself.”

“I know you can,” said Jr as he places his forehead to Mark’s. “I’m just worried about what he’ll do to you.”

 

Jackson is sitting in front of the shop and sees Mark's and Jr’s affectionate gestures towards each other. The scene causes him to erupt in jealousy, as he grips the steering wheel until his knuckles are white. He’s engaged to me and he still has the nerve to act like that towards another man? He waits for “the other man” to leave, before he storms into the shop.

 

“Welcome to Mandu…” his words cut off as Jackson grabs Mark by the wrist.

“What do you think you’re doing?” accused Jackson.

“What are you talking about? If anything, I should be asking you that” said Mark trying to loosen Jackson’s grip.

“I saw you flirting with your boyfriend in here.”

“He’s not my….you know what…why does it even matter who I flirt with? Jealous?"

Of course I am.

“Jealous. Why would I be. I just don’t want others to see my partner cheating on me, if we’re to pull this whole marriage off. It’ll make me look bad.”

“Fake marriage,” injected Mark. "I should’ve known you were just worried about yourself.”

“Of course. Who else should I be thinking about? You?” laughed Jackson.

“That’ll definitely be a first. Now let go of my wrist,” as he pulls his hand away. “Now care to explain this?” grabbing the newspaper.

“Catchy isn’t it? Consider it a present” chuckled Jackson.

“It’s not funny. What would others think?”

“Oh it’s hilarious. Others like who? Your little boyfriend?”

“Ugh…just never mind. What do you want Mr. Wang?” knowing that being called that annoys him.

“I told you I was going to stop today. Now let’s go.”

“Go where? Can’t you see I’m working here.”

“You call this work?” scoffed Jackson. “After we’re married, you don’t have to come here anymore.”

Not one to be insulted, “Let’s get one thing straight. Even though I agreed to marry you, I didn’t agree to give up my life. I have employees that depend on me and I can’t just sit at home like a spoiled, rich, stay-at-home wife not doing anything.”

Jackson was impressed by what Mark just said. It reminded him of the Mark he loved.

“So you agree you’re the wife in the relationship,” teased Jackson. “So be it. You can continue to come to your little shop if you like.”

“Don’t twist my words,” said the slightly embarrassed Mark, blushing. 

“Aww the bride-to-be is even blushing. Now let’s go shopping.”

“I’m not blushing. Ugh…I hate you.”

 

A little while later, the engaged couple arrives at BB.

“Wake up Dimsum. We’re here. I can’t believe you fell asleep on me.”

“Guess I was tired. Plus it’s better than arguing with you the entire way. What are we doing here anyways?”

“Getting you custom-made outfits for our big day of course.”

“Why does it have to be here though,” said the slightly annoyed Mark.

“Why not? Don’t tell me you’re jealous of BamBam.”

“What right do I have to be jealous. It’s a fake marriage. You’re free to do what ever or who ever you want. As am I.”

“You’re only half right. I am free to do what ever I want, but you on the other hand can’t.”

“Wait, how is that even fair?”

“Who said anything about being fair? I’m doing you a favor remember? Now let’s go.”

Jackson gets out of the car and walks over to Mark’s side and opens the door for him.

“Aren’t we ever the gentleman,” said Mark sarcastically. 

“Always,” brushing off his remark. “Now give me your hand.”

“What? Why? I can walk myself you know.”

“Pretenses…we have to make this look as real as possible.”

“It’s always an act with you isn’t it Mr. Wang?”

“Who says I’m acting? Quit being stubborn and just give me your hand.”

“Fine,” says Mark as he allows Jackson to interlace their hands together.

“Now was that so hard? Things would be so easy, if you just do as I ask without fighting.”

“I’m not a puppet you know,” whined Mark as they walk into BB.

 

“Welcome to BB,” bowed Youngjae. “Hi Jackson. Oh hi Mark,” he smiled. “I’ll let BamBam know you guys are here,” kind of surprised to see them holding hands.

“Hi Youngjae. Thanks,” said Mark.

“Aren’t we quite the popular one.”

“Can it Jackson. He’s just being friendly.”

“Whatever”.

BamBam walks out grinning, happy to see Jackson, until he sees Mark. And scowls when he sees them hand in hand. Not to be outdone, he walks up to Jackson and kisses him on the cheek.

“Hi hyung,” said the younger guy.

“Hey BamBam. You know my fiance Mark.”

“Of course. Mark.”

“BamBam,” said Mark. The two clearly weren’t fond of each other and Jackson can tell.

“Well I’ll leave Mark in your hands while I go make a few phone calls,” said Jackson.

“I’ll be sure to take good care of your bride-to-be.”

 

Finally alone, BamBam doesn’t have to pretend to be cordial anymore.

“Good to see you again,” said BamBam, obviously fake.

“Cut the bs. We both know that’s not true. Let’s just hurry up and get this over with,” said the annoyed Mark.

“Quick to the point. I like that. Jackson hyung chose these outfits for you. I just need to adjust them to fit you. Put them on so I can make the proper changes.”

As Mark tries on the suits, BamBam gets his equipment ready.

“You know you’re lucky to be wearing my clothes. We both know, without Jackson hyung, you could never afford it,” laughed BamBam.

“Guess I never have to worry about money anymore,” replied Mark.

“Don’t act all smug with me. We both know this marriage is a sham.”

Did Jackson tell him everything about the marriage arrangement? Why would he?

“Judging from the confused look on your face, you didn’t think he would tell me huh? Why wouldn’t he? I mean we are lovers. He tells me everything.”

Are they really lovers? Well they must be close enough for him to know the truth.

“Lovers huh?” said Mark. “That’s weird. Cause if that was the case, why I am the one standing here getting fitted for our wedding outfits and not you,” sneered Mark.

Mark’s comment causes BamBam to boil with rage. Without thinking, he grabs a pair of scissors and gashes Mark across the palm of his hand.