Confession II (Jin)

ONESHOT REQUEST SHOP - Irrevocable - One shot Collection (ft. BTS + others occasionally xD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I PUBLISHED BEFORE FINISHING BY ACCIDENT A FEW HOURS AGO... DISREGARD THAT, NOW THIS IS COMPLETE.

Request from exobts19! So I've done a similar scenario for Jimin (chapter 16), but this prompt is proving to be popular xD I may do one for each member in due time, but for now, here's fluff love with Jin!

Sigh...

Seokjin slumped on the sofa, staring into space as his friends chattered in their living room over the music, the maknaes busy with their video game, staring into space as he directed zoned out. He'd only stuck around this long cause it was a Friday and they'd invited a bunch of people over to celebrate, mostly residing centre stage, in the kitchen, or on the staircase, depending on their activity. The guys had regrouped after a bit of hosting, sitting around the tv in the backroom with only a few others around, as the atmosphere settled. Everyone was having fun. For Jin however, this marked the end of a long and frankly too-uneventful week. In truth, he was way too peeved to relax.

Sigh... x2.

Namjoon and Hoseok exchanged glances, each trying to decide who should bother the currently volatile hyung as he obviously was not calming down any time soon; but unfortunately a younger oblivious friend made the decision for them.

"Hyung," Taehyung complained at last getting distracted, following his elders gaze. "What are you doing?"

"HYUNG FOCUS ON THE GAME!" the maknae complained, launching an attack on the controller his eyes flying around the tv screen as he tried to make up for Taehyung's negligence.

"He's been glaring at the wall for the past thirty minutes," Yoongi piped up helpfully, from his position on the adjacent sofa, not so much as sitting up, even refusing to take part in the hyung's sensitivity.

Jin scowled as he leant forward to see him, wondering how the heck he had even noticed from where he sat out of view.

"What's the matter hyung?" Jimin's concern was a contrast to the others dismisal as he bounced into view, and Jin sighed yet again as the rest of the guys focused on him.

"Nothing," he murmured after a moment, grabbing his phone and dropping himself out of the conversation in an attempt to step out of the spotlight, but it seemed the others were done with hearing him mope.

"It's not nothing," Hoseok declared as he sat closest to Jin, turning around to face him from his position on the couch. "It's about her isn't it?"

"Who?" Jungkook nearly yelled, pausing the game as he tuned in quickly.

"YAH!" this time Taehyung huffed, dropping the controller in contempt as the screen froze.

"What'd mean who?" Namjoon rolled his eyes, kicking back as he listened to the others. "Obviously that girl hyungs been crazy about for the past month."

"Oh! The noona from the seminar?" Taehyung caught up. "She's pretty."

"The tall one?"

"Did he finally ask her out?"

Of course, they all knew about the eldest hyung's infatuation. Usually, they didn't get the pleasure of interfering, as he wasn't so often taken by a girl, his friends always joking he was way too picky. But when he did find a girl, he was quick to go after what he wanted. Seemed this time was different; and he couldn't decide whether that was because he was taking this all a bit more seriously than others or because the universe really was sabbotaging him as he suspected.

"Yah cut it out," Jin protested, shifting uncomfortably as various friends joined in the teasing.

"Is that a yes?"

"Shut up Jungkook," Jin threw a throw-pillow at the youngest - yet somehow, rowdiest - friend. "It's not-"

"No," Yoongi interrupted, still staring at the tv as he spoke. "He keeps backing out. You should be a man about it."

Seokjin rolled his eyes at his friend, and the said one looked up, shooting him a grin.

"-hyung," he added on the end, as if it made it all less insulting.

"I do not back out," Seokjin groaned, tossing his phone aside for now as it became apparent he was remaining the centre of attention the longer he resisted. "And I want to tell her how I feel."

"So then why haven't you?" Hoseok asked.

"I tried," his tone changed so he was almost whining and the youngers held back their laughter at his moping. "But things keep happening."

"Excuses-"

"No, really," Jin resigned to his bestfriends, as they all settled back for a story, the maknaes dropping the controllers with a sigh. "I've tried. The first time was almost a month ago...." he began explaining.

Flash back

You closed your locker door with a sigh as you flipped through your books, looking up in surprise as your name was called.

"Hey," Seokjin was leaning against the lockers, an amused smile on his face as he noted your jump. 

"Jin," you smiled, recovering but still confused. "Hello."

The two of you had sat at the back in class for the past few months; you were always paired up and had gotten closer during lessons, so you knew he was friendly enough. But even then, it had taken you a while to get over his intimidating image. And this was the first time he had approached you outside of class.

He simply smiled at your greeting, looking down to the books in yoru arms.

"Off to Biology? Me too."

He pushed up from the lockers, offering a smile.

"Let's go together."

You cocked yoru head to the side, but nodded.

"I'm guessing Miss A+ did the homework?" Jin began, shooting you a look as you combed your hand through your hair in embarrassment.

"I still don't know how I got that," you defended, shrugging it off as you quickly forgot about your surprise.

"Sure," he chuckled, looking around the hallway before turning back to you. "That's what you said the last three times."

"Honestly!" you huffed, insisting as you became comfortable in the familiar conversation. "I was so behind."

"Maybe I should adopt that approach," he chuckled, pausing as you reached the door.

You stared at him, confused when he didn't continue. He nodded towards the door, and only then did you realise he was holding it expectantly.

"Oh!" you hurried through, thanking him but at the same time wondering why such a simple gesture had stumped you.

His laugh was louder as your cheeks grew warm, your eyes meeting his as he followed you

"Or maybe your should study?" you reverted back to the conversation, glancing back down again.

"Better yet, utilize a personal tutor?" he suggested as you slowed down. "After all, my partner is the top of the class."

You smiled a little, turning back to him and expecting another nerd burn, but this time his gaze was unmoving and focused. Instead of replying, you found yourself deliberating.

Study buddies?

"So?" Jin asked, though he himself was unsure of how it got to begging for homework help, when he definitely had started out wth a different objective. But it was a start, right?

Before either one of your could get another word out, you were interrupted.

"There you are!" your friend appeared in a flash, grabbing your arm. "You said you'd wait for me! Omo, we're late, come on."

You knew she must have been in a rush as she barely registered the handsome classmate at your side before dragging you off. The hole conversation and his behaviour flew out of your mind as she raced off, and you only just managed to shoot Jin an apologetic smile.

* * *

"... that's it?" the maknae tilted his head to the side.

"That's pretty weak hyung," Taehyung piped up as he agreed with Jungkook, earning a splutter from Jimin who immediately tried to mask it.

"Gotta agree," Hoseok grinned. "So, you made small talk, once, in school and then gave up?"

"Study buddies?" was all Yoongi could reply, as the eldest rolled his eyes, feeling somewhat sulky.

"I was building up to it," Jin scowled. "And I wasn't finished. That was the simplest one."

Flash back

Jin sat straight up in class, his gaze focused. Anyone may have thought he was actually listening to the English teacher, but his attention was elsewhere. To be precise, the desk a few metres in front of him.

He observed as your eyes focused on the board at the front, you one scratching against your paper now and then, but more often you sat still and listened.

Jin himself was preoccupied trying to come up with a plan. You were talking more, and that was progress, but there was still a formality in your friendship that he hated. On top of the fact it was just that; friendship. His eyes strayed as he frowned, landing on his blank sheet of paper.

And like a middleschooler did long before him, he got an idea.

Glancing up to the teacher momentarily, he tore off a section of paper.

You were entirely fiaxted on the bored, ignoring the increased shuffled around you, right up to the last moment. So you couldn't help but be caught off guard when your seat mate nudged you, and a folded paper landed on your desk. You stared at it for a second, before looking around in puzzlement. But as your glanced back, your name stood out to you. Reaching forward, glancing to the front and back again, you unfolded the sheet carefully.

How do you understand a word she's saying?

The neat handwriting was familiar to you, and your instinct had you turning to face the seat behind yours. Jin offered a smile as you met his watchful gaze, and you found yourself grinning back. You looked back down to the note, fighting back the smile as the teacher faced your direction for a moment. You'd gotten friendly with Jin, and it was little things like this that you had found yourself being charmed by. He was different from how you expected a popular guy to be. The problem was, you weren't sure whether it was the action you found cute, or him.

When she looked away again, you grabbed your pen.

Studying :) We've discussed this; but maybe focusing in class could help?

Jin smirked at your response, writing quickly.

That couldn't be helped, my tutor bailed on me. So I really doubt it would.

You let out a small gasp at the sentence, quickly remembering the ocassion he was refering to when he asked for study help; but that wasn't fair, your friend had dragged you off before anything had been decided. A chuckle behind you had you turning to face the smug boy, a s you h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter