Nerves (V)

ONESHOT REQUEST SHOP - Irrevocable - One shot Collection (ft. BTS + others occasionally xD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by yeolhannie - a great cringe-worthy-fluffy-uneditted experience xD

Taehyung doubled over as he reached the house at last, panting as he struggled to catch his breath, desperately gazing at his watch. Thankfully, he was right on time, due to his all-but-sprinting the last three blocks, in order to prevent being late. But it was worth it; it was an important day,  knowing how much it meant to your relationship, and he was desperate to make a great first impression on your parents.

That's right; today was the day your boyfriend finally met your parents.

He straightened up, inhaling deeply. When it was first set, he was nowhere near nervous; after all, you were his long term girlfriend and your relationship was all that he could ask for and more. He loved you, and he wanted only to be more a part of your life, which meant this encounter simply facilitated that. But as the week progressed, and everyone went on and on about how important this was - finally being part of your family unit despite your dad being awkward about the whole thing and your mother overly protective plus the fact he had never got to this stage with a girl - he had quickly grew burdened. He had tried not to listen to his friends horror stories of first meetings with parents which all went awfully wrong, but having no experience himself, it was the only thing he could go by. Knowing you'd probably be freaked out by his nerves, he did his best to hide it, calming your own to hide his. Keeping it to himself, it quickly became a huge deal and suddenly Kim Taehyung, the laid back cheeky cool guy, had turned into a nervous wreck, even weeks before the meeting.

And today was the day.

He glanced over the flowers, and straightened his attire - casual yet formal, just as you had specified, namely a button up shirt and dark jeans - before taking one last breath and reaching out. Before he could even knock on the door, it was flung open making him start in surprise. You caught your breath as your boyfriend blinked at you cutely, blinking repeatedly with his hand still raised to knock at the door.

You let out a giggle at his silly pose; trust your boyfriend to me able to make you laugh even when his nerves were killing him.

"Taehyung~" you coeed, reaching out and giving him a short hug, before taking his hand and pulling him in. He followed like a lost kid, staring at you adoringly. He really was smitten, and it made this even more important.

"Hi," he finally beamed, his nerves subsiding just slightly as he swooped down to peck your lips making you giggle.

"Flowers," you grinned, dusting his shoulders off and straightening his collar.

"N-neh, are they okay?" his nerves returned as he lanced at them again. "No one's allergic right? They're a bit bright, and they don't smell that strongly, in fact I should've brought chocolates or something it was a stupid idea and your omma will probably hate them and then hate me and you know what maybe I should just go before your appa-"

"Oppa," you placed your hands on his shoulders, giggling at his uncharacteristic ramblings despite yourself. "Calm down."

Taehyung blinked at you, but did as you said, inhaling.

"It's going to be fine. Everything will be fine, my parents will love you; you're sweet, a gentleman and kind hearted; and most of all, I love you. That's all that matters," you paused, inhaling as the sweet-smelling blossoms wafted upwards, glancing down at the variety of summer blooms. "The flowers are beautiful."

Your boyfriends face slowly broke out into a smile as he digested your words; sure you were a tiny bit nervous, but you had an amazing boyfriend. You knew your parents would love him. He opened his mouth to reply, but before he could speak, your mothers appearance interrupted your exchange and you quickly dropped your hands from his shoulders to face her.

"Omo, you're here!" a middle aged woman with smiling eyes approached and Taehyung quickly marked the familiarities in her features.

"Omma," you smiled, and Taehyung blinked, coming to terms with this quickly, as your hand laced with his in support.

"Annyeonghaeseyo miss," Taehyung bowed lowly, smiling hesitantly at the elder. "I'm Kim Taehyung; your daughters boyfriend."

You giggled at his hurried overly detailed words, and your mother chuckled, as shook her offered hand with both of his, bowing again.

"Yes, I know who you are," she chuckled, her eyes crinkling further. "Nice to meet you at last, and Eomeonim is fine."

"Eomeonim," Taehyung repeated, his eyes wide and he bowed again, offering the flowers. "These are for you."

"Omo, thank you," she took the flowers, inhaling. "He's a respectful one; and handsome too. Look at that skin."

Your mother quickly ditched formalities, going in for a full on cheek-pinching-both-arms-crushing-hug, as your boyfriend looked at you wide eyed over her shoulder.

"K-kamsahmida," he stuttered as you laughed - you couldn't help it. He was adorable.

"Neh Omma," you giggled, helping Taehyung out of her grip.

"Omo omo, so much to do," your mother quickly backed up, murmuring as she began to walk back to the main room. "I must put these in water. Lunch must be read, come in Taehyung-ah, come on."

And with that she disappeared into the living room, leaving you to haul your stricken boyfriend into the main room, assuring him that he did perfectly fine.

"Ahem." Your father stood, clearing his throat as you entered the room with your boyfriend in tow.

And just like that, Taehyung's little bit of gained composure disappeared.

Taehyung instantly dropped your hand at his authoritative tone, straightening up as his eyes flew to your father. You shot your dad a look, knowing he had every intention of solidly implanting fear - after all, if he was scared of your dad he was unlikely to intentionally hurt you... that's what your dad said any way.

"Appa," you nudged Taehyung who instantly stepped forward. "This is Taehyung; my boyfriend."

"Annyeonghaeseyo," he spoke and you had to praise your boyfriend for keeping a firm tone.

Your father nodded as Taehyung walked forward, bowing low as he shook your fathers hand.

"Taehyung," he acknowledged.

The look on your fathers face told you he probably crushed Taehyung's hand with his grip, but your boyfriend kept a straight face, and thankfully your mother reappeared, breaking the awkward atmosphere.

"Here we are."

Everyone turns to look as she enters, a few dishes in hand, along with a vase. You both hurried to help, taking the dishes and placing them on the set dinner table.

"It smells delicious," Taehyung smiled politely, though he was too tense to have even acknowledged anything of the sort.

"Oh thank you Taehyung-ah! It's an old recipe," your mother placed the vase on the side. "Omo, I left the flowers in the kitchen. I'll bring them first, sit down."

You all obeyed, taking a seat at the table as you waited for your mother to reappear. Silence quickly set in, and you furrowed your brow as Taehyung shifted awkwardly.

What's going on with him?

"So Taehyung," your father spoke. "What do you study?"

"Performing arts," Taehyung replied, shifting awkwardly. "I'm entering university this year."

"He's top of his class Appa," you gushed, unable to hold back. "His voice is amazing and he can dance too. He scored first for his end of year exam."

"For performing arts," he noted begrudgingly. "So what exactly do you plan to do with that?"

Another awkward silence set over you with your fathers direct words, but he stared at Taehyung expectantly.

"Well I- I," he faltered. "I hope to do what I can towards a professional career-"

"I'd hope you'd support my daughter."

"Support her?"

"Yes, support. That is if you take this seriously at all," he deadpanned, fixing his cutlery, as Taehyung stammered.

"Abeoji-"

"Sir," your father corrected him, his eyes narrowing, and Taehyung instantly cursed himself for slipping up.

"Of course sir," Taehyung bowed again, somehow forgetting he was sitting down as he smacked his head on the table, as you watched in pity.

Unfortunately, the thud shook the table - instantly worry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter