Off Script (V)

ONESHOT REQUEST SHOP - Irrevocable - One shot Collection (ft. BTS + others occasionally xD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Request from reginadjww, and again I'm so sorry for the delay. Wonder if you even remember making this request OTL, my graphics shop got super busy T-T

~

"Agh, I really am going crazy," Taehyung muttered, his usual bright self nowhere to be found as he ruffled his hair in frustration, the two of you alone in the corridor.

"Taehyung," you frowned as he messed up his look. "You have to go back soon, why are you so tense?"

He caught your wrist, locking onto your gaze.

"You know why."

You pulled back as he sighed, running his hands through his hair in a half-hearted attempt to fix it, leaving you to nervously scan the area, as you bit your red lip. Bumping into Kim Taehyung just when you were leaving for lunch should have surprised you to say the least, but this wasn't the first time he had turned up to your work unannounced. In fact, you were starting to wonder if he bribed security.

"Noona, you'll have to answer me some time," he insisted, and your eyes widened, quickly looking around the hall again; but everyone was on lunch or working inside.

Not that he would need to bribe them. The fact that the Kim Taehyung was repeatedly showing up at work probably livened up the day. You didn't blame them, barely wrapping your head around it yourself; Kim Taehyung was courting you. Or trying to.

You had no idea how it had gotten this far. Maybe it was your fault for somehow encouraging him; from the first time you were introduced through associates you had ended up spending the rest of the event with him, exchanging numbers at the end. It's not like you were even inexperienced enough with celebrities to make such a rookie mistake; in your young career, you had met quite a few and been to some star-studded events - with brand faces, celebrity promotion and keeping up good relations.

You'd learnt to maintain a business relationship with many; it wasn't hard considering you were way to career focused to have much spare time. But with one young actor, somehow you couldn't; he was so different from how you expected a young and potentially arrogant celebrity to be. Not that it would be unjustified; at barely 20 managing to take over the big screen and make a name for himself as a legitmate actor.  And you weren't blind; you knew Taehyung could get mostly any girl he could want.

Still, here he stood outside your offce, a mask over his face and a pair of sunglasses, not giving up on probably the only girl in the whole of Seoul who could turn him down.

"I've already answered you," you shook your head, keeping your voice firm as you stepped back from him, your heels clicking. "We shouldn't be discussing this. It doesn't make sense and we're friends."

And it was true, to a certain extent any way. You were well on your way to being close friends, but Taehyung seemed to have other ideas.

"That's not an answer," he almost whined, his childish action giving you the confidence in your decision.

"No, Taehyung," you repeated. "I've said it before and I'll say it again; we can't date."

"But why?" he tried not to let his expression crumple at your predictable answer; afterall you had been here before.

"Aside from what I've just said," you raised your eyebrows pointedly. "You're a celebrity. It's impractical."

"That's not a reason," he groaned. "What does me being an actor have to do with anything?"

"Seriously? Everything!" you shifted your weight on your heels. "You have this whole life. This is real for you; the industry, the movies, the fans. I work in an office, my office, alone. My life is focussed, and I like it that way; you know minus being a secret or a million drama-crazed fans coming at me, let alone the whole country knowing who you are."

His head tilted and you caught your own words. Before now you'd simply rejected - but the real life impracticalities had recently been bothering you.

When did I start thinking about that?

"Noona, if that's what you're worried about, I can deal with it. You don't have to have that life style, I can protect you from it," from his honest eyes, you knew he really did believe what he was saying. "I like you, a lot. And I can't stop myself falling."

"Taehyung, you don't know what falling is," you exhaled, reminded of another issue. "You're young and you're rising. I'm in my late twenties and looking for a promotion. You don't know what you want."

He blinked slowly. 

"So his whole time, you've never taken me seriously?"

You inhaled, your heart clenching.

"It doesn't fit in with anything I see for myself."

It was harsh, but it might've been enough. Your head was a mess as you looked at him, but he shook his head, his gaze hurt.

Your heart stung, and you glanced down at your watch.

"I have to go," you murmured, shooting him one last look. "Don't come here Taehyung-ah. This has to stop."

"Wait!" his words froze your against your will as you exhaled.

You really didn't need this. And yet, you faced him any way.

"Tomorrow, seven o'clock," his calculated gaze met yours, his eyes harder than they were just moments ago.

"What?"

"I'll collect you. Just one evening, that's all."

His eyes were set and you bit your lip. You could say no, end this right now. But something stopped you.

"I promise, I'll respect your decision after that," he was suddenly solemn as he met your gaze.

It would be a lot easier...

"You'll listen to me after that?"

He nodded.

"Fine," you agreed, feeling a lot lighter as you did so.

"It's a date," his smile was full as he straightened up, waving at you before strolling out of the building, leaving you to contemplate what would come next.

* * *

It's just see this through... So he'll finally stop.

Thta's what you'd told yourself, from the moment you had finished work and up till now. But that didn't explain the nerves. As you applied your lipstick, staring at your reflection in the mirror. The knot in your stomach was growing.

You may not see Taehyung that way, but in the short time you'd been friends, you had grown close. He wasn't one to take being let down lightly, and he trusted you. Even if that fact only further proved his young naivity, you didn't want to hurt him.

The doorbell rung and you snapped your gaze around in surprise. You checked your watch.

Exactly 7. You had expected him to be a little late, considering he was shooting today. Shrugging it off, you grabed your bag, glancing in the mirror one last time before heading to the front door, with a million questions. After all, you had yet to discover where you were spending the evening and Taehyung had conveinently ignored all your calls.

"So, Ta-" but your words were cut short as opened the door.

Your eyes ran over the tasteful suit, tucked collars and black tie, right up to the pair dark eyes focused on you. His hair was different from its usual natural straight down, instead ruffled and parted. Even his gaze, more reserved and less open than usual. He watched your reaction, the corner of his lips tugging up in an-almost-smirk, subtly. It was only after a few seconds passed that you realised you had been in the middle of a sentence.

"Taehyung," you blinked, but weren't sure what else to add afterwards.

"Evening," he offered a small smile, this time his eyes running over you. "You look beautiful."

"Oh-"

Taehyung complimenting you so outright wasn't out of character and yet your reaction was completely different to the usual shrugging off. As his dark eyes watched you, you felt slightly offguard.

"Thank you," you straightened up, getting over your initial surprise.

"Ready?" he asked, his smile growing as he offered an arm. You glanced down, hesitating only a second.

"Let's go," you smiled.

* * *

You glanced around the restaurant. The date hadn't started yet, not really, and yet it was already new. Taehyung was quiet and secretive on the way here, apparently focused on the road between small talk. You don't know what you were expecting, but staring at the five star restaurant, you realised it definitely wasn't this. The elegant decor and warm feel instantly made you feel comfortable yet the class radiated from the walls.

"Wow," you murmured, your eyes bright. He pulled out your chair and you hurried to take a seat, as he sat across from you, taking a menu.

"One of my favourite restaurants," his eyes smiled and you could see he was glad you liked it.

"I can see why," you'd been to your fair share of awkward dinner dates, usually with a snob who acted superior all evening before being surprised when you didn't call back, but you wouldn't think Taehyung would chose somewhere like this.

"It was a lot quieter when I first came," he smiled, holding your g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter