Bangtan Gang - Learning (PART 2)

ONESHOT REQUEST SHOP - Irrevocable - One shot Collection (ft. BTS + others occasionally xD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PART 2

"Wow, you look worse in day light."

Jungkook turned in surprise, coming face to face with the familiar figure that he hadn't heard approaching.

"I thought almost a week would've cleared it," Jimin stayed cold as he stared at the younger's cuts and bruises. "Seems V really went for it."

"Jimin-ssi," Jungkook acknowledged, hopping around the subject of the bruises, he knew he'd attained elsewhere.

"Spare the window dressings, we're here for a reason," Jimin dumped a duffle bag on the ground, before turning to the younger. "Let's get to work."

Jungkook nodded. The days leading up to this, he had pondered what Jimin would have him do. He decided he's be shown how to fight; after all, that was the basis of a gang right? He'd instantly taken a liking to the idea of finally being able to defend himself - after all, the people he'd come across we're strong but he doubted they were up to BangTan's level.

So Jimin's next words surprised the younger.

"The basics. Defence."

"Defence?" Jungkook asked after a second, his surprise showing. "What for? I want to atta-"

A fist straight in his face shut him up, as he stumbled back. It wasn't hard, but it was substantial.

"."

"Exactly," Jimin dusted his knuckles as Jungkook righted himself. "If you could defend yourself, you could've missed that. We know you can take a beating, but there's only so many hits anyone can take."

Jungkook nodded ruefully.

"When I swing," Jimin explained. "Duck opposite."

It seemed obvious so he nodded. As Jimin swung, he did as he was told, but the older landed any way.

"Too slow," he shook his head. "It takes too long to move yourself out the way. Move your neck and pivot your upper body."

This time, Jungkook put too much force into pushing away, swinging back before the punch could pass.

"It's timing," Jimin instructed. "Don't force your head away too early either. You need to watch my fist and move at the last second, or else I'll guess where you're going and adjust."

This time as he swung, Jungkook watched his fist, marking the target for the jab and moving quickly. He missed it, and instantly grinned, but it fell as Jimin's next one landed.

"Don't let your guard down," Jimin shook his head, holding back a chuckle at the kids antics. "Your enemy isn't gonna pause to celebrate with you."

Despite himself, the kid was a source of amusement to say the least. It took several more attempts and a lot more explaining, but Jungkook listened attentively. They didn't pause for a second, even after Jungkook avoided both swings, twice in a row, before finally ending their session.

"Good," Jimin suddenly declared, picking up his bag and walking backwards. "Tomorrow, same time, same place."

Jungkook couldn't supress the grin of anticipation as Jimin walked away. The next day was pretty much the same, and the next after that, until Jungkook was barely bruised at the end of their session, and Jimin knew he was making progress. They quickly grew accustomed to each other, and unknowingly Jungkook started to relax.

 

"Attack."

Jungkook's smile wouldn't stay down as the words left Jimin's mouth the next time they met. The elder decided to let it slip, as he nodded at him to come forward. It was the first time they weren't meeting in the scrap yard, but in some kind of abandoned gym - or make shift, Jungkook really couldn't tell, as he stared around the old benches and dumbels.

"Hit me."

"What?"

"Hit me," the elder squared his shoulders, glaring at him and Jungkook realised he wasn't messing around. He'd learnt to abide the olders instructions without questions; it was obvious he was doing him a favour and didn't want to push it. Follow orders only, and if he was lucky, questions came later.

Jungkook inhaled, but swung, squeezing his eyes shut. When he felt his fist stop short, he opened his eyes, only to see Jimin had caught his fist.

"No," Jimin shook his head, causing Jungkook to frown. "Loosen it."

Jungkook stared at his fist as Jimin released it.

"You'll break your fingers and that's if you manage to make contact," Jimin asserted. "Hold you fist firm, not tight. Let your swing do the work."

Jungkook did as told, and swung hard, loosening him grip.

"Use your weight. Swing with it all, channel it. And for s sake, keep your eyes open."

Jungkook did as told, swinging hard, but when it failed to land he frowned. Jimin grinned.

"Good effort, but more energy. You're not dead weight either, and I can see you coming."

After his second attempt, Jimin barked a chuckle.

"Probably should teach you known moves," Jimin lead the younger to a punch bag, not bothering with gloves as he reached out to demonstrate.

Striking forward suddenly, he landed two solid punches.

"Jabs."

Moving on, he propelled his fist upwards, punching slower this time, followed by two of the same motion but sideways.

"Hooks."

Jungkook observed in awe, as Jimin continued, explaining the moves one by one, before combining them faster and faster until Jungkook could barely watch. He noted at least twenty hits before he lost count, eagerly watching his teacher.

"Now," Jimin breathed, only just out of breath. "You go."

Jungkook took his place, unsure.

"Jab."

Remembering the motion, he hit straight on.

"Harder." Jimin nodded as the younger improved.

"Right hook. Left. Lift your elbows higher, and twist."

Jimin continued barking orders, until he stepped back, observing as Jungkook combined the motions he'd learnt.

"Nice," Jimin nodded, allowing a wry smile to slip through his guard as he stepped back. "I think you've got it."

"Really?"

"We're done," he grinned. "Tomorrow, be here."

And he was. Jungkook quickly forgot about his bullies, his worries, and his stress as he grew and improved under Jimin's teaching. He had never thought he'd be able to get into a hand to hand combat feeling confident; but he was sure he could take on at least a few. Even when it came to shooting practise, which Jimin rarely allowed but deemed necessary all the same, he didn't bat an eyelid, performing without question until he was hitting the target every time. It helped that he was eager, quickly learning Jimin was a good teacher despite his laid back aura. He followed his instructions and the older was surprisingly patient, fixing his stance and explaining the moves. He learnt that the small upturn of Jimin's grin was earned after hard work, and actually communicated his teacher's pride - under which he thrived. In no time at all, Jungkook found his layers of insecurity breaking down, as he trained and trained, even when he wasn't learning, practising in his spare time and working out. It wasn't all about raw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter