The Sports Captain (V)

ONESHOT REQUEST SHOP - Irrevocable - One shot Collection (ft. BTS + others occasionally xD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Request from kjksjhspartace! I'm so sorry it took so long, school has completely taken over my lifeu recently ;; BTS gonna make me fail TT

"Omo, he's got the ball!"

"Did he just score again?!"

"He's so talented..."

You made a face as you listened to the girls swooning, you yourself groaning internally. You wouldn't be here; you really wouldn't. But your friends had dragged you down here along with the rest of the school to see the game today and you couldn't really blame them. After all, it was a pretty big deal, given that it was their first home football game in a while, and everyone was supposed to be out here supporting them.

Yeah, a pretty big deal. For everyone but you, that is.

You never really saw the appeal. Sure, it looked fun but ultimately they were just kicking a ball around... Right? You appreciated the extra-curricular aspect, but really, school was more important.

And there you go again. It was obvious your head was always buried in a book.

Even now, as people cheered, woop-ed and squealed, you frowned, trying to hear your own thoughts as you scrolled through your phone, hoping for a distraction.

But it was no use, and you slumped in the stands, pondering your fate as everyone of your friends was ignoring you. And you didn't have to follow their gaze to know what they - and every other girl in the grounds - was looking at. Well, more like who, as a cheer went up.

"KIM TAEHYUNG!"

Yes. Kim Taehyung, team captain. The school's golden boy, athelete, and professional lady killer. Everyone, including your very own bestfriend, was fixated on him. Heck, you were pretty sure some of the opposing team supporters were team Taehyung now. He was something of a celebrity; his very own fanclub founded somehow, his friends pretty much as popular as him. But Taehyung, the sports prodigy of the school, seemed to be in a whole other category.

"V, V, V, V," A slow chant built up and you held back from face palming.

Oh, and he had his own letter too. You reminded yourself to personally congratulate whichever 'genius' came up with it; V for victory. It was almost like they meant to inflate his ego.

Can this get any more boring?

You groaned, looking for a sign of sanity, but your friends were long gone, their eyes starry. It wasn't that you even disliked him through experience; you'd never even spoken. You just didn't see the appeal, and were pretty sure all these fangirls would've made him something of a narcisst any way.

"GOAAALL!" A cry blared through the speakers, and the whole crowd roared.

You eyes flew to the scoreboard, and it was true. Not half an hour in, and the prodigy had scored yet again.

Okay, so he's good. Big woop.

"HE SCORED!" Your bestfriend wailed, pulling you out of your thoughts.

"I know," you smiled weakly, covering your ears as the 'V' chant went up again. "I saw."

"V V V V V!" You friend didn't pause for a breath, making you roll your eyes as you glanced back to the field, where the captain was jumping around with the team, donning a wide grin as he ran his hand through his hair. You couldn't help but wonder how long he spent in the mirror each morning.

How did he even get his hair so orange?!

You sighed, glancing around with a frown. Surely this game couldn't be much longer. You eyed the captain as he went back to his position, and apparently you weren't so discrete. Despite the fact that there were about a hundred pairs of eyes on him, he decided to choose that moment to look around to see yours.

Oops.

He smiled as he looked at you, and you fougth the urge to check if there was someone behind you; quite simply because there wasn't, unless he was smiling at an empty seat. You were still the only one seated and you guessed he must've wondered why. Still, you didn't have long to deliberate as his smile widened and the team got back to position.

The whistle blew and he looked away, leaving you blinking, but unfazed. What did he expect, you to swoon?

Your wary behaviour set in again, and you rolled your eyes.

Kingkas...

Half an hour later, you really couldn't take it. He had scored yet again, and the cheering was starting to make your head spin. You looked around, but your friends were too busy to notice your absence, so you seized the chance. Jumping up as the whistle blew again, you hurried down the steps, not looking back as you stuck to the outside of the field. If you weren't in such a hurry, as you reached the middle, you would've noticed a gaze on you, and perhaps even have anticipated what came next.

But you didn't.

"LOOK OUT!!!"

Your gaze snapped to the direction of the yell, but it was too late as an object at high velocity flew towards you. You barely had time to register the situation, as everyone's eyes turned to you.

"Great."

And then it all went black.

* * * *

"MOVE, THAT'S MY BESTFRIEND!"

The squeals of your friends were what managed to pull you out of your daze only minutes later, as you forced your eyelids open  in an effort to find them. The brightlights of the pitch only blinded you more, as you squinted further. But when you finally could see, you kind wished you couldn't.

You were on the ground apparently, and looked up at... well the whole school. Everyon observed you like you were a zoo animal as you tried to understand what the heck just happened, but it seemed the soft blur wouldn't subside - even as you focused on your horrified friend as she pushed through.

"Are you okay?" a deep concerned voice grasped your attention just when you were drifting off again.

You groaned as you tried to focus on the face, the one closest to you. However, no matter how much you tried, you couldn't bring yourself to speak. In fact, you couldn't do much as a wave of nausea hit you when you tried to shift. Time seemed to slow down as you felt something wet on your forehead, your hand moving slowly to catch it. You stared at the red blotch on your finger uncomprehendingly.

There was panic evident around you, but your eyelids felt too heavy to really let you think. So what happened next really couldn't be helped.

A pair of soft arms closed around you, and scooped you up effortlessly, bringing you up to cradle you against a firm body. You shifted, but gave up immediately as your limbs fell limp. Somewhere in the back of your mind a sharp protest cried out as your eyes noted the orange hair and familiar features, but you were powerless as you shot to your bestfriends satisfied features as she shot you a thumbs up, her proud words being the last you heard before you were out again.

"THAT'S MY BESTFRIEND!"

* * * *

You didn't know how long it had been when you finally came to. In fact, you couldn't remember the last time you were clearly conscious, only the yells and cries.

Still dazed, your eyelids began to flutter. The light was a lot softer now and there was an odd sense of serenity. But as images flooded back, you forced your eyes open to scan the cream painted room; with nondescript furnishings, drawers with labels and a few chairs. You would've investigated more but voice interrupted.

"You're awake."

You turned quickly, surrpised at your companion. A set of dark eyes waited for your gaze as your own widened at the sight of the boy. He sat as though he had been for a while - his uniform white shirt crumpled and his hair tousled. He slumped slightly, having pulled the chair beside your bed, leaning forward.

Only then did you realise how close you were.

Was this deliberate or did he actually look this good without trying?

"V?" you asked, too confused to even curse yourself for your lost tone.

He leant forward further, his eyes intently focused on you as if waiting for more. But you only stared at him. It was the first time you'd seen him close up, and you suddenly wished it wasn't.

"I brought you here," he explained when you didn't add anything. "From the field."

At his words, everything flooded back. The field. The crowd. The football.

"Oh wow," you sat up too quickly, a rush to your head making you dizzy. You slumped back down, feeling the bandage on your head as Taehyung jolted forward. "The ball knocked me out?"

He nodded, suddenly looking guilty as he backed away.

"I kicked it," he explained. "I didn't see you leaving..."

And there it was; the dislike set in again as you stared at the team captain. You realised who you were talking to and you instantly closed off. Last you remembered, he was being swooned over by the whole school. And now he was kicking balls at you too.

You scowled as you thought of all the girl who would kill to be in your position right now.

Well, I sure as hell am not gonna be a giggly idiot.

"Great," you huffed . "Just great."

His expression grew wounded as you moved back, turning away from hims. It was bad enough that you had been embarrassed in front of everyone, knocked out by a ball no less, but on top of that you were now V's latest token damsel in distress. You groaned, imaging the envious swoons he must've gotten carrying you off to the nurses office; no doubt those girls would be waiting to attack you.

V stood after a second, his expression perplexed but resigned.

"I sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter