Insecurities (Jimin)

ONESHOT REQUEST SHOP - Irrevocable - One shot Collection (ft. BTS + others occasionally xD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by loLlov! Sorry it took so long!

~

"103, 104, 105..."

The fast counting echoed around the almost empty practise room, only the breathless voice of one. The rest had gone home hours ago, to rest, eat, sleep.

"110, 111, 123..."

But him? He hadn't left this room since he arrived at 6am.

Jimin finished his set, stepping away from the weights as he grabbed his water bottle, taking a swig. But as he stood in the centre of the floor, his laboured breathing filling the air, his gaze gravitated towards the studio mirror, framing the backwall of the room. Before he could stop himself, his eyes scrutinized the hunched figure staring back at him.

He looks bigger.

Did he gain weight?

His body changed.

Jimin tossed his bottle aside, leaning down on his front, his hands out in front of him.  He inhaled, staring down before pushing up from the floor and letting his shaky voice count.

"1, 2, 3, 4..."

He looks out of place.

"7, 8, 9..."

Did he stop training?

"12, 13, 14..."

He can't keep up with the choreo...

It was useless. He couldn't drown out the voices.

All he could do was try harder.

 

A few floors down saw your arrival at the very same building.

You jumped out of the taxi, fumbling with your purse as your stared at the company build. Only a few lights were on, visible through the windows, and it wasn't hard to determine that the training room definitely housed the very person you were looking for.

Of course, you knew Jimin well - you had done since you were in diapers - and you knew something was bugging him. The way he'd go really quiet around the boys, the way he'd constantly be checking his fancafe's comments. But also, the way he'd be missing, for hours at a time, uncontactable from even his phone - only to return to say he was training. You recognised the franticness, but it was bigger. It was worse than his trainee days and you knew better than any one how much he had struggled with himself.

The boys had tried to talk to him and you were more than willing to help when Namjoon brought it up, planning to meet as soon as possible... but he wasn't as accomadating. For a whole weekend he was off the grid; he wouldn't answer your calls and messages, leaving you a worried wreck, debating on whether to out or not. But the decision was made for you when just ten minutes ago the leader had called to ask if Jimin was with you. Apparently he hadn't come home all day, and no one knew why.

And that's how you ende up outside Big Hit Ent. at nearly 3am in your pajamas.

Five minutes later, you stood outside the practise room, gnawing at your lip as you pushed the door open.

"46, 47, 48..."

The panting was the only noise in the room and your eyes instantly went to the familiar figure on the floor. You paused momentarily as you studied him; the friend you'd been eager to see for the past few weeks. His hectic schedule had made him practially a ghost, not to mention his extra self-inflicted training... So maybe that was why your heart pounded that much harder when you registered his presence.

Maybe.

"55, 56, 57..."

But that pounding quickly became painful as you neared him, walking round to his side. His clothes were soaked in sweat, his movements harsh and brisk, almost as if he was angry at his own voice. You recognised this.

"Jimin..."

He instantly looked up at your voice, turning his head in surprise. He calmed as he registered your face, calling your name. You bit your lip as his voice cracked; his exhaustion even apparent in his voice.

You grabbed the towel from the front, throwing it to him as he remained surprised.

"What are you doing here?" he dropped his position, pulling his legs back as he sat down, staring up at you.

"No," you shook your head. "What are you doing?"

He tilted his head to the side, his damp hair falling into his eyes as he stared at you.

"It's late," you explained, kneeling down with him. "You haven't answered my calls, the guys haven't seen you all day."

"I've been here," he shook off your concern.

"All day?" your voice was soft, as you came closer, and his gaze flickered to yours.

You hated seeing him like this, completely worn out and exhausted. He was doing it again, he was pushing himself too hard. You could see it, the boys could see it... but he didn't think so.

"What is going on?"

"I was just training, I'm fine," he tried to convince you, but his hands balled up into fists as he gripped the towel, telling you otherwise.

Instead of arguing, you came closer, reaching for the towel. He loosened his grip as he watched you, and you pulled it up to wipe his forehead, glistening under his bangs. He inhaled shakily as you sighed, but he caught your wrist as you paused, soft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter