Change of Heart (Suga)

ONESHOT REQUEST SHOP - Irrevocable - One shot Collection (ft. BTS + others occasionally xD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Request from bloopgloop!

~

Yoongi stared at his phone in silent conflict, as the tv played some drama that he had no desire to see. 

It's late. She should be done by now, right?

Despite you making him well aware that you had plans with your boyfriend tonight, your bestfriend was struggling not to check up on you, after sending two unanswered texts.

Of course, it was entirely possible you were spending the night with your boyfriend, though he preferred not to admit that. Would you really ignore his messages for that reason? He didn't remember the last time you'd stayed out past 10pm - like him, you were a believer in alone time and good rest. Even though that usually meant spending time with him. It was safe to say your boyfriend did not approve - arguably with good reason - part of the reason you had reiterated the date. Not that Yoongi cared; your boyfriend was an .

He stared at your number.

The best friend <3 :*

He never managed to look at it without wincing.

An who had still managed to do what he couldn't.

He bit the inside of his cheek as he stared at the dial option, fighting between his your pride and his worry. He didn't want to know if you had indeed been with him. But he couldn't stand it much longer. 

Knock knock.

Yoongi's eyes flew to the door, before going to the clock.

"S-Suga?"

He was only frozen for a second longer before jumping to his feet. There was only one person he'd ever allow to coin such a nickname. And as he pulled the door aside, his suspicision was confirmed.

Yoongi stared at you in surprise, as he spoke your name, his eyes going over your crumpled summer dress, messy hair and unbuckled heels which had you stumbling on the spot. You looked up to reveal your red eyes and tear stained face.

"What's going on?" his eyes widened as he inhaled the distinct smell of alcohol on your breath. "Are you drunk?"

You didn't drink; you hated alcohol. It was one of the things he found most endearing about you, and yet childish, considering how mainstream culture it was. You couldn't so much as take a shot... and here you stood, drunk on his doorstep.

"Y-yooongi," you inhaled, your eyes watering.

And that was all it took, something in your voice snapping him into action as the tears streamed down your face, quickly shrugging off his jacket and covering your shoulders.

"What's wrong?" he tried to pull you into the house, but you wouldn't move, mumbling something between sobs. "What is it?"

"J-Juuun," you cried, and Yoongi's expression immediately dropped. "Junhoe."

Of course. Your boyfriend had to be part of this.

"B*stard," he gritted his teeth as he pulled you inside, shutting the door behind you.

Yoongi took you by the shoulders as your expression creased, confused and miserable somehow at the same time. Ups and downs weren't uncommon in your relationship, but from the pain in your eyes he knew this was different. He had yet to figure out exactly what the guy had done, but from where he was standing, it didn't look good for your boyfriends health.

"Tell me what he did," he stared into your eyes.

"I-I-" you stumbled over your words, but Yoongi's gaze prompted something in you, to get it together.

"He broke up with me," you finally spoke up, your voice weak.

Yoongi froze.

"What?"

"He-he," you sniffed. "Yoongi, he- w-we don't work- an-and he said-"

But you couldn't muster up the words as you swayed on your feet, Yoongi rigid as he stood, dropping his hands from your shoulders.

"Yoongi?" you struggled to regain your composure as everything spun around you, Yoongi staring ahead with balled fists.

His mind raced as he tried to find an ounce of relief, victory, satisfaction even. But he found none; nothing except anger.

"I'm gonna kill him."

This is what made it so hard to be your bestfriend. No matter how he felt, your feelings came first. And where he should have been relieved, he only wanted to rip his throat out for hurting you; you were his priority.

"Yoong-gi, pleaase-"

And as you shivered in your state, he was only reassured of this. He sighed, releasing his fists and inhaling in an effort to calm down. You needed him.

"Come on," Yoongi sighed, taking your hand and pulling you to the sofa. "I've-"

You interrupted him by jolting forward, wrapping your arms around him tightly as you felt your eyes begin to water.

"Oof," Yoongi stumbled this time as you threw yourself at him, sobbing. He looked down in shock.

"Yoo-yoongi, it hurts," you groaned.

His hand hovered over your head unsure; Yoongi was never too good with direct emotion. And you never cried, let alone sobbed your heart out, though he was pretty sure the alcohol had something to do with that. But now, as another sob wracked through your body his instincts took over, as he wrapped an arm around you, your head as you cried.

"You're going to be fine," Yoongi tried to reassure himself. "Come on, it's okay."

But it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter