Stood-Up (JHope)

ONESHOT REQUEST SHOP - Irrevocable - One shot Collection (ft. BTS + others occasionally xD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, I had a random idea whilst I was completing requests... Hobi needed a little love too. Enjoy :)

"For goodness sake," you muttered, checking your phone as you avoided the eyes that awkwardly looked at you.

You didn't blame them to be honest. You sat in a nice date restaurant at a table for two... Alone. Not only that but you had also so smartly asked for drinks, figuring you'd get your dates too since he was apparently running late. That was an hour ago.

You weren't even sure how long you'd been waiting now, but it was definitely over an hour. You were growing tiresome; you weren't really that excited for this date, and it was only the second between you too. But he had seemed nice, and you figured you had nothing to lose when he had called you and insisted you meet just days after your first date. Maybe your friends forcing you into this wasn't such a bad thing after all. Yet here you sat.

He hadn't even dropped a text; the last contact was this morning when he had told you the time.

It was half an hour more when you finally began to accept you may just have been stood up.

What a jerk.

Still, you didn't move, taking a longer swig of your drink. It's not like you'd even gone full out for the date, you simply wore a semi-casual dress and limited makeup. But now you wished you'd never even come out; you should've listened to your gut and stayed out of the dating world for a while. After all, it was your friends - not you -  who insisted you needed to get out there after your recent breakup. You couldn't care less at the time, but apparently this guy turning out to be a jerk had killed your enthusiasm for dating yet again.

Downing your drink you slumped back down.

It's official. I'm forever alone.

"Ready to order?"

You looked up to the waitress who wore a fake smile, and you could see she just wanted you to leave already. But somehow, you couldn't make yourself shift under the current depressing circumstances.

"I'm waiting for someone."

"Still?" her tone was almost pitiful and it made you scowl.

Murmurs were starting to pick up around you, and you gazed at the couples and groups wearily.

Wow this .

"Yes."

The look on the waitress' face still had you unwilling to sacrifice your dignity in admitting defeat. If you left now, it would look pretty pathetic. Then again, it was pretty obvious he wasn't coming.

"Sorry ma'am but there are customers waiting to be seated, and you have been here for over an hour. If you aren't going to order-"

"I'm waiting for someone," you repeated, glancing around as you suddenly felt your exchange becoming a scene.

"I don't see anyone."

You made a face, not at all liking her tone but also hugely embarrassed as the it went silent, apparently the whole restauramt having nothing better to do than witness your quickly deteriorating pride.

Looking back to the waiting server, you bit your lip wondering if you should just leave, but somehow wanting to show up this rude worker. Now that everyone was watching, you couldn't go.

"Listen, he-"

"Jagiya!" A loud voice interrupted your words (thankfully, as you really had no idea where you were going with this), the approaching figure rushing towards you and gaining just about the whole restaurants attention.

The man strolled forward, brushing off the watching waitress as he reached forward to pull out the seat opposite you.

"Wow, I am so sorry!" he checked his watch before looking back up to your eyes. "There was so much traffic! It's unbelievable."

You blinked at him, confused. Thankfully, he didn't need your input.

"Jagiya, I'm so sorry, honestly," he appealed. "Thank you so much for waiting. I'm so glad you did."

At these words he reached out and held your hand, his eyes staring earnestly into yours.

"W-wha-"

"Could you forgive me?" he asked, and suddenly you were spellbound by his sweet expression. "Please?"

"... S-sure..." you trailed off.

"You're the best girlfriend I could wish for," his smile returned, and he leant forward to peck your cheek softly, freezing you momentarily.

"Girlfriend?"

What the hell is going on?

"Neh," he glanced around at the watching guests, who immediately looked away, your obvious embarrassment dying down now that you weren't alone. His eyes landed on the waitress. "You're still here? I guess you can get us two menues then please."

"Pfft," you snorted at her surprised expression, whilst he literally waved her off. She bowed, glancing at you before walking backwards, her attitude having backfired.

Whose the pitiful one now?

"So back to you," he smiled widely, squeezing your hand.

The chatter picked up again, everyone going back to their own business and your table was no longer the centre of attention. And it was pretty darn obvious it was just a couple out on a date.

Only, it wasn't.

He let go of your hand as everyone looked away, subtly withdrawing as his loving smile turned into grin. And just like that, it was apparent this stranger was a good actor.

Yes, stranger.

Your embarrassment and confusion had kept you rooted, but now you could focus again - on the dark haired boy with a toothy grin, bright eyes and a somehow majestic forehead that sat in front of you - everything got even more confusing. This was definitely not your date. You blinked at him, as you had no idea what to say. That's right, some stranger had waltz in and taken a seat opposite you, thus ending your awkward loneliness and drawing the attention away.

Did he really just kiss you?

"And scene," he broke the silence as he took a very limited bow, given the fact he was seated and it was basically impossible.

Your mouth opened and closed.

"I'm quite the actor, right?" he prompted merrily, tucking his seat in as he grinned at you.

You finally composed yourself, as you scanned his unfamiliar features.

"Erm... do I know you?"

"Nope," he grin never faltered.

"... Soo...? Why?"

"It doesn't matter," he grinned. "I saw a cute girl struggling because of a douche. I saved you."

You cocked your head to the side as you thought about this idly, not missing his sly compliment.

"Thanks?" you questioned, narrowing your eyes.

"You're welcome," he smiled. "Date bailed?"

You nodded, still quite shocked.

"What a tool," he shrugged before smiling into your eyes. "His loss."

Okay, so he had saved you from your embarrassment for no valid reason, given a very authentic performance to erase doubt and now... he was flirting with you?

Still, you smiled at the compliment. He seemed nice and he had just helped you out of an awkward situation, so you began to feel as ease.

"Kamsahimida," you repeated, relaxing as you gazed at him. "..."

"Hoseok," he introduced, getting your hint as he stretched out a hand. "Jung Hoseok."

You introduced yourself too, taking his hand with a smile as you quickly loosened up.

"Well, thanks Hoseok," you grinned as you prepared to stand. "I should probably leave though. I'm pretty sure he really did ditch me."

"That ," Hoseok made a face that instantly made you chuckle. "But wait!"

You paused as he stretched out to catch your wrist.

"Stay," he expanded as you looked at him confused. "We're here right? We may as well make the most of it. Or you would've wasted your time for nothing."

You deliberated, both surprised and charmed by the confidence in the guy you had known all of about five minutes in asking you out already. You considered calling him out, but decided against it. After all, you did owe him one and he was nice enough to do you a favour -  he didn't look like a scary stranger, pretty attractive really. And apparently big on skinship too.

"Okay," you agreed, settling back down, causing his almost impossibly wide grin to widen still which immediately lead to your own - his being contagious and radiating hapiness.

That has got to be one of the best smiles I've seen.

"Here you go," the waitress made a reappearance on cue, bowing lowly and disappearing again.

"Wow," you giggled. "I couldn't get rid of her before, I guess you really embarrassed her."

"Hm," Hoseok shrugged, grabbing the menu and handing you one. "She was being extremely rude. Just because she's bitterly single and lonely doesn't mean she has take it out on everyone else."

"Single," you eyed her retreating figure before turning to the menu. "How'd you know?"

"First off, her make up. Far too much for a simple part time job, meaning she's putting too much effort," he signalled. "Also apparent from the way she spends too much time talking to each male customer. Her shoulder's are slouched, and she keeps fiddling with her ring finger. Maybe what used to be a promise ring?"

"Woah there sherlock," you raised your hands jokingly, stunned at his words that you guessed he had basically made up. "That's very detailed for a minute observation."

He grinned at your doubt.

"You know what you're getting?"

You glanced down, but shrugged.

"This place wasn't my choice. He was supposed to choose..."

"Leave it to me," he winked, scanning the tables.

You looked back to the restaurant, as several waiters passed but he signalled to none, and when the familiar waitress appeared you guessed why.

"Excuse me," he got her attention, before turning to you. "Now look carefully."

You did as he said, interested as to what the result would be. He ordered for you, taking his time and allowing to observe, which you did. To your surprise, he turned out to be... correct. She was wearing a lot of make up for work; her eyeliner winged a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter