Red (V)

ONESHOT REQUEST SHOP - Irrevocable - One shot Collection (ft. BTS + others occasionally xD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this was originally a oneshot on halloween, on it's own with a different idol... but Taetae suit it well ;) So late halloween...? xD

"Aish," you blew your bangs out of your face in annoyance, as you fiddled with the door of your ground-floor apartment lazily.

It had been a long day, starting with you being late to your Saturday job, no thanks to your oh-so-selfish boyfriend you might add, and your boss yelling at you as a result. You were then forced to spend the whole of the day serving less-than-polite customers, having only a half an hour break. It really was not your day. Despite Halloween being your favourite holiday, no one seemed to be in the halloween spirit, the fancy dress theme for work even being cancelled (which was great for you, as somehow they forgot to give you this information and you had turned up expecting relaxed day of work). Luckily, you had opted to doing the minimum, rather than walk down the road looking like a complete moron. Instead you'd warn all black, and looked totally emo all day.

Even walking home had been a mission, as depite it only being little past 5' o clock, it had started to get dark really early, not to mention the sudden drop of temperature. To make matters worse, just as you had thought of calling your boyfriend for a lift, you discovered your phone battery was dead. You had moped the whole way home - the little excitable kids running around in their fairy costumes hadn't even made you smile. In fact, you had found yourself wondering why their parents failed to control them on such a dark, cold night.

Still, you had survived it, and here you were home at last. Now was the time for you to relax, before getting ready for the halloween party you had ahead. You had been excited when your boyfriends friends had decided to throw one, not only because you got to spend your favourite holiday with your boyfriend, your friends, and his friends all at once, but because you had the perfect outfit, and it had been a while since you'd gone full out and dressed up. Taehyung assured you that everyone would do; so you couldn't wait to get ready. Hopefully, a good party would get your spirits up.

Yeah. Hopefully. That was, if you could ever get the damned door open.

"Finally," you exclaimed, waving your arms in flourish as you opened the door. Unfortunately, you didn't spot the elderly woman further down the corridor, until it was too late. You smiled at her awkwardly, before rushing inside and shutting the door quickly.

"Home sweet home."

Relaxing in the warmth and familiar scent of your and your boyfriends apartment, you shed your coat and your annoyingly heavy hand bag, flicking on the lights despite it still being reasonably light outside. You instantly relaxed as light filled the room, collapsing on the sofa and thinking over the events of the day. You found yourself wishing your boyfriend was here now, to give the support he usually would with his bubbly nature. Taehyung always made the day better.

Glancing at your watch and snapping out of your mushy thoughts, you decided to start getting ready. Standing up with a positive attitude, you gathered your things, rushing into the shower.

An hour later, you stood in front of your bedroom mirror, clad in black. You wore your webbed black tights coupled with your lacey black minidress, and had curled your hair into perfect soft ringlets. You had to say, you weren't too disappointed with the result. Your eye make up, for once, even went to plan. You smiled as you applied your blood red lipstick - remembering how much Taehyung liked this one - as a finishing touch to your vampire look, before fixing your black choker and adjusting your jewellery. You smirked at the thought of him seeing your get up, the look on his face, before wondering how your boyfriend would dress-up. He had left it as a surprise, not giving in even when you used aegyo, and you had eventually given up.

"Done!" you smiled at your reflection, your eyes falling on the dark red heels that you planned to wear... the whole evening.

Beauty is pain.

Slipping into your shoes, you gave yourself one final once over, before nodding. Maybe this day was looking up. Checking your watch, you frowned noting the time.

"Half an hour until he's back," you began pacing. "What do I-"

Your stopped as your bedroom light flickered. Your eyes flew to the bulb, frowning as it flickered on and off again, several times. You scowl only deepened  as the light went out for about five seconds, before finally re-lighting.

"For goodness sake," you murmured, approaching the light bulb. "Stupid wiring."

Your pondering was interrupted by a sharp ringing, making you jump out of your skin. It cut through the silence piercingly, and you naturally recoiled from the unwelcome interruption. On the second ring, you unfroze your limbs, recognising the tone as your land-line, as you made your way out of the room, chiding yourself for your momentary fear.

Gotta rememeber to turn that ringer down. Still, its probably Taehyung.

But as soon as you reached the hall way phone, the ringing stopped.

"Damn," you frowned. "I missed it."

As if on cue, the lights flickered again, and your eyes flew to the nearest fitting, silently praying that they would even out. But not this time.

The lights went out, for good this time, and your limbs locked again as you squinted in the darkness, your heart rate increasing more than you cared to admit.

Come on, it's just a blown bulb.

Getting a hold of yourself, you began tracing the familiar steps into your sitting room as your heels clicked, reaching the light switch, flicking the light on... and frowned when nothing happened.

"Bwo," your gaze went to the vague area of the light bulb, pushing the switch a few more times.

Nothing.

"Greeaat," you breathed, face-palming. "Must be a blown fuse."

You sighed, patting for a pocket, on instinct reaching for your phone...

Only to remember the battery was dead. And you hadn't charged it. In fact, it was probably still in the trousers your wore this morning. Your hands balled into fists as you seethed, looking around in annoyance. You were getting rather fed up of this. Clearly the universe was trying to spite you.

"Fine," you huffed, as if someone could actually hear you. "It's fine. Good thing I'm not scared of the dark."

You moved to the blinds, opening them slightly to allow the moonlight to creep in, admittedly making you feel more at ease. You'd always been fond of the night.

Take that, universe.

As if in response, the familiar sharp ringing broke out again. You whipped your head around to stare at the closest receiver, resting on a shelf, illuminated by the open curtains. With slow steps, you reached it, holding the receiver as you stared at the screen, frowning at the lack of caller's ID present and half expecting the caller to hang up. You gulped, considering as it continued to ring, before pressing the receive button and putting the phone to your ear with a burst of confidence. You squinted your eyes close.

Please be Taehyung, please, please.

"H-hello?"

Your eyes flew open as you heard... well nothing. You strained your ears, managi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter