Chapter 9

7th Broken Heart

(A/N: Double update, guys!!! <3 Go back to the previous chapter if you haven't checked it out! ^^)

The next day, the guys arrived early in the morning. Jinyoung was still asleep as all of them were preparing everything. Once they’re done, they quietly walked to the couch. Yerin was carrying the cake and kneeled in front of her brother.

JB counted. “1…2…3!”

“Happy birthday!!!” They shouted which made him sat up.

He held his chest near his heart. “My goodness, guys. I’m already too old for this.” He groggily said.

“Yerin, wanted to.” His mom said and that woke him up completely.

He grabbed the cake from Yerin and settled it on the center table. “Really, Rinnie?! Thank you so muuuuuuuuuuuch! Oppa is really happy.” He hugged her.

She chuckled and hugged him back. She locked eyes with Mark and he gave her an encouraging nod. She smiled. “Happy birthday, Jinyoung-oppa.”

It was soft, but loud enough for everyone to hear. Jinyoung pulled out from the hug and stared at her with wide eyes. “Am I…Am I hearing things?”

Everyone was quiet. Shocked and thought that they’re heard wrong, as well.

Yerin let out a soft laugh. “No, you’re not, oppa. I hope you enjoy your day.”

Everyone exhaled. They didn’t even realize they were holding their breaths.

Jinyoung cried with tears of joy and hugged his sister once again. “You’re the best gift I’ve ever received. Thank you so much. I’m really happy! Oppa loves you.” He kissed her cheek.

“Love you, too.”

Mrs. Park joined the hug of her children, crying of joy as well.

 

Everyone was happily celebrating, chatting about topics that would come to mind. Yerin decided to go to the kitchen and grab some more food and drinks for their friends.

“Let me help you with those.” A pair of hands grabbed the tray from her.

“Oh, JB-oppa. Thanks.”

“No, Yerin. Thank you.”

She frowned. “For what?”

“For trusting us. Not just your mother and brother, but you also trusted us.”

She smiled. “All of you are my family. Without any of you, I don’t think I can move on from that tragedy. It was really difficult. I’m still in the process of healing, though.”

“Yeah, and always remember we’re always here.  Junior really wanted to bring you to an amusement park but he remembered about the accident. Maybe some time in the future we can go all together and enjoy.”

“Yeah, of course. I hope so. Come on, the guys must be looking for some more food.”

 

The celebration ended by afternoon. When everyone was leaving, Yerin gave Mark a knowing glance as if telling him to sneak into her room once he gets out.

“Bye, Rin! See you at school on Monday. I’m really happy to hear your voice again. In the future, make your brother hear you sing.” Jimin said as she hugged her.

“You can sing, baby girl?!”

She shyly lowered her head and nodded.

“I guess we should make a duet some time.” JB commented, which made Jinyoung glare at him.

“A singer’s partner should be a rapper! Let’s perform in some school activities before I graduate, Yerin!” Jackson said.

 

A new round of bickering started before they finally left.

“Phew. Those kids are such a handful.”

Yerin chuckled. “At least, it will never be boring with them.”

Jinyoung smiled and hugged her once again. “I’m really very happy right now. Thank you, Rinnie.”

“Making you happy is the least that I could do for being the best brother in the world.”

He ruffled her hair. “Of course. I’m doing my everything for the best sister in the world. Now, take some rest in your room. You prepared a lot for this. I’ll just help mom clean the dishes.”

Upon mentioning her room, she remembered about Mark. “Oh yeah, right! I almost forgot I have some homework to finish.” She awkwardly grinned at her brother before heading to her room.

“So, I’m your homework now, huh?”

She glared at him, but suddenly smiled brightly at him. She ran to him and gave him a bear hug which completely caught Mark off guard. He lost his balance and fell on her bed with her above him.

“If I weren’t really happy right now, I could’ve hit you already. But since I’m really thankful of you, I’ll let you off this once.” She goofily grinned at him.

He groaned and tried to sit up a little, supporting their weight with his elbows. “Are you that happy?”

She nodded against his chest. He giggled. “Yah! That tickles!”

“Lower down your voice! What if they catch you in here? They might misunderstand.”

He smirked. “Yeah, says someone who literally jumped on me.”

That’s when she realized how awkward their position was. She was about to stand up, but Mark held her waist, which cause him to lose their support and lay flat on the bed.

“Let go of me, Mark!”

He switched their position, so he was now hovering her. “I don’t want to.”

She was about to hit him but he pinned her wrists down. “Let go or I’ll scream.”

“Let me see you do.”

Yerin wanted to wipe the annoying smirk off of his face. “Mark~ please! You’re heavy!”

He chuckled. “Are you not scared I might do something to you?”

“No. Why would I? It’s just you.”

“It’s just me? Just because I’m Junior’s friend, that doesn’t mean I follow his rules. I can do whatever I want. I’m a naughty playboy after all.” He neared his face to hers, one wrong move, their lips would touch.

“It’s not because you’re my brother’s friend and I’m his sister, but because I trust you. I know you won’t do such things.”

He rested his forehead on hers. “Ugh~ stop doing this to me. You’re making it more difficult for me.” And then he kept quiet, eyes closed.

She felt something wet fell on her eyes; he was crying.

She had no idea what he was going through, but it made her sad to see him like this. His grip on her wrist loosened so she took the advantage to pull it out and wiped off his tears.

He removed himself off of her and stood up. “I’m sorry.”

Before she could interrogate him, he already jumped off.