Chapter 14

7th Broken Heart

“JB oppa! Where’s Jinyoung oppa?”

“Jimin! What happened to you? You look so pale! Where is Yerin?” Bambam said.

“Yerin…Yerin…” She was crying. “Please call Jinyoung oppa.”

The three maknaes help Jimin to calm herself while JB and Jackson rushed to find Jinyoung.

All of them decided to talk in a secured hallway.

“Where’s my sister? What happened?!” Jinyoung said as he arrived.

“She’s in the rooftop. She always goes there during lunchtime.” Jimin said.

“Yeah, I know. I told you not to let her be alone!” He told JB.

“Hyung isn’t at fault! She was with us. Hyung made sure that she’s with us, but she excused herself to the restroom. We didn’t know she would sneak out to go to the rooftop.” Youngjae defended.

“What’s in the rooftop anyway? Why is she always there?” Jackson asked.

Jinyoung heaved a deep sigh to ready himself. “What did you see in the rooftop, Jimin?” He closed his eyes to control himself with Jimin’s answer.

 

“Apparently, she’s been meeting up with someone there, but I don’t know who…because she’s talking to herself.”

Horrified looks were pasted on the guys’ faces. JB turned to Jinyoung. “You need to tell us the rumors you’ve been hearing.”

“Same as Jimin’s story…there are some students telling me they’ve seen Yerin talking to herself, mostly at the rooftop. I’ve also heard her talk alone in her room.” Jinyoung broke down and cried. “My sister…what’s happening to my sister…?”

The guys comforted him. “But whoever or whatever she’s talking to, I’m sure that being is the one who changed her.” He said.

Their heads turned as they heard footsteps from the staircase to the rooftop.

“Oppa! Jimin! Why are you guys crying?!” Yerin rushed to them as soon as she saw them.

The rest of the guys awkwardly stood there.

“We were worried of you. We were looking for you.” JB answered for them.

She looked down. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to worry you guys.”

“What were you doing at the rooftop?” Her brother asked.

“I always go there to have some fresh air.”

“Alone?” He asked.

She looked down to hide her reddening cheeks and shook her head.

“With…whom?” He bravely asked. The rest of them readied themselves to hear her answer.

“With…Mark.”

“M-mark? Mark…Tuan?” Jimin asked.

She nodded. She quickly explained. “Please don’t misunderstand. I know he’s a playboy but he means no harm. He’s really nice to me and he’s a good friend.”

“Isn’t Mark hyung in the—” Yugyeom covered Bambam’s mouth.

 

“It’s alright, baby sis. But next time, tell us where you’re going, okay?”

She nodded.

“Good. Now go back to your classroom.”

Once Yerin was out of eyesight, they looked helplessly to each other.

“I’m amazed with Mark. Even when he’s in a coma, he is still being the playboy he is.” Jinyoung said. “Wait. Was that why…”

“What is it?” Jackson asked.

Jinyoung rummaged his bag and pulled out a paper. “I saw this in Yerin’s pad. Examining it, I suppose that should be a conversation, but as all of us can see, it’s just Yerin’s.

 

No, you’re not. My brother is the most handsome.

 

Babo.

 

Here we go again with your childish questions. I know where this is leading to, so I'll cut the chase. Mark is handsome and I like him the most. Happy now?

 

 

 “I cannot believe this is actually happening. ”  Bambam said.

“Is it really Mark hyung? Or maybe just some being Yerin formed in her head in Mark hyung’s form?” Yugyeom asked.

“It could be both.” JB said. “Junior, you should discuss this matter with your mother and bring Yerin back to the hospital as soon as possible.”

 

The next morning, Jinyoung woke up extra early.

“Jinyoung-ah! Why are you up so early?” His mom was preparing breakfast.

“We need to talk, Mom. It’s about Yerin’s condition.

She turned off the stove and sat on a chair. “What is it?”

“She’s been talking to herself, but when we asked her who she’s always with, she said Mark.”

“Your friend, Mark?”

He nodded.

“But isn’t Mark…?”

“Yeah, he’s still in coma in the hospital.”

Mrs. Park covered . “Our Yerin…”

A loud thud in the living room caught their attention.

“Yerin!” Jinyoung rushed to her.

“A-are you saying…that I’m…c-crazy…? M-mark…please tell me, you’re lying. Mark isn’t in a coma.”

He was about to hug his sister but she pushed him away and rushed out of the house. “Yerin!”

He dialed JB. “Yerin found out. Call the others and head to school immediately.”

 

Yerin was panting when she arrived in the rooftop. He’s there. She carefully walked to him and hugged him.

 “Oppa lied. You’re real.”

 “Yerin…”

She tightened her hug. Mark sighed. “They’re telling the truth, Yerin.”

“What are you saying?! Why are you being like oppa?!” She was crying.

 

“Yerin, listen to me, okay? I’ll tell and explain to you everything. I am not in my human form. As Junior said, the real me is in coma in the hospital. The accident you were in, I was also there. But being a bad person, they decided to punish me. My soul can’t go back to my body as long as I’m not done with the missions they gave me. The missions are for me to find what love is and to heal the hearts of the girls I broke. There are seven of them; I got to heal the six, but the one I’m with in the cable car died, in replacement, I was tasked to heal you. You’re the seventh broken heart I needed to heal. You’d be considered as healed once you’re able to give yourself a chance to love again.”

 

“No one can see me. Remember the day we first met here in the rooftop? I was surprised that you stared at me. I was curious if you could see me. The reason why you can see me, I’m not sure of that. I got more confused when I could read your mind. Didn’t you ever wonder how I knew you’d try to commit suicide? That’s how I always stopped you. You slowly started to warm up to us and talked again, but when I started to feel something I’m unfamiliar with, I knew I was in trouble.”

 

The guys and Jimin arrived at the rooftop. They stayed in their spot as they watch Yerin converse with the ‘Mark’ they couldn’t see.

 

“The whole week I went missing and these past few days, I lied. I wasn’t busy, in fact, I was just stalking you all the time. I decided to avoid you, why? You said you didn’t want me to leave you. I was scared what would happen to you if this day comes. It may hurt me, but at least you have JB with you. I was notified that I can go back to my body soon. That’s when I figured out you finally gave yourself a chance. I’m happy for you. I’m sure JB will take care of you very well. I reappeared so I could at least spend some more time with you.”

 

“Why are saying nonsense?! You said your soul will go back to your body after this. Why are you speaking like I’ll never see you again?!”

Mark was also crying. He ignored her question. “We still have a bet. You lost. I’m serious with my feelings for you, Baek Yerin.” He caressed her cheek. “I love you.” Mark said and leaned in until their lips touched.

Yerin’s eyes were closed as tears run down her cheeks. She didn’t want to open her eyes once she felt she’s just kissing the air. She didn’t want to know that everything is happening for real.

 

Her knees gave up on her and her collided with the cold floor. She broke down into tears as her brother rushed to her side. “Please tell me all of this is just a stupid prank of you guys. Please.” She sobbed. He gave her a comforting hug. Her hands shakily reached for her phone in her pocket. She sobbed harder to see that she was actually alone in her wallpaper (which supposed to be with Mark kissing her cheek).

“Oppa…bring me to the hospital where Mark is.”

“But Yerin…”

“Please, oppa.”

“Go to your classes. I’ll take care of her.” Jinyoung instructed.

“I’ll go with you.”

“No, JB. I can handle this. Just go to your class. You guys can follow to the hospital after classes.”

 

(A/N: After all this time, Mark isn't human! Major plot twist o.o did any of you expect that? Comments please~ <3)