Chapter 13

7th Broken Heart

 

 

“Oppa!” A cute little girl rushed to JB’s arms as they arrived.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo! Im Jaehee imnida. Who is she, oppa?” She asked her brother when she noticed her presence.

“She’s Baek Yerin. Oppa’s friend. Junior oppa’s sister.” He introduced.

“She’s Yerin eonni!” She hugged her legs. “You’re the girl oppa always talks about. He likes—”

JB covered before she could spill some of his secrets. “Jaehee wants some ice cream, right?” He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

“Yes, oppa! Let’s go!!!” She grabbed Yerin’s and JB’s hand and dragged them.

Yerin chuckled. “Your sister is a very cheerful child. I like her.”

 

“So, how old are you, Jaehee?” Asked Yerin. They took a seat in the ice cream shop.

She showed her five fingers.

“You know the other guys, right? Besides your oppa, who do you like the most?”

“I like Junior oppa! He’s really nice. I even like him better than oppa.”

“Yah.” JB attempted to steal her ice cream for saying that but she managed to get it away from his grasp.

Yerin chuckled at their cute interaction.

“Eonni, let’s exchange. You can have oppa while I can have Junior oppa.” She grinned playfully at her brother.

“Eotteohke? I don’t think your oppa can let you go.”

“Ey~ he likes you better than me!”

“Im Jaehee! Do you want some more ice cream?” JB shifted the topic, hoping she’s stop spilling stuff.

“Yes, please, oppa!”

“I can’t believe I’m spending my money for this.” He muttered to himself.

 

After spending some time, they walked Yerin home.

“Thank you for today! I really had fun. It was nice meeting you, Jaehee-yah.” She ruffled the kid’s hair.

“Let’s go out again next time!”

“Sure.” She gave her cheeks a small peck.

“I’m sorry about her blabber mouth. I’m glad you had fun though.” JB told her.

“Of course. Thank you, really.”

“Are you two going to kiss? Do I have to turn around?” Jaehee asked.

Yerin reddened at that. JB looked away and cleared his throat. “See you tomorrow.”

“Y-yeah, take care.”

“Bye, eonni!!!”

She waved at the two’s fading figure. Once she entered her room, she was reminded of Mark being busy. She sighed at the feeling of loneliness.

“I hope that babo comes back soon. At least, I had fun today.” She cheered herself before heading to wash up.

 

The next day, Yerin was not in the mood to eat so she headed to the rooftop during lunchtime.

“I hope oppa is taking care of his health. I’m worried for him. He’s been really busy.”

“And he’ll get mad if he finds out you skipped lunch.” She was surprised with the voice and turned around to see JB. He tossed a sandwich to her which she caught.

 “So, this is where you’ve been sneaking to, huh?”

She sheepishly scratched the back of her neck. “Uh…yeah. It’s comfortable and peaceful here.”

They sat on the ground and stared at the cloudy sky.

“Want some?” He offered the milkshake he was sipping.

“What flavor?”

“Strawberry.”

“Ooh, my favorite!” She grinned and took a sip.

JB smiled to himself and muttered “Indirect kiss.” He blushed and looked away.

Yerin cleared . “I-it tastes g-good. Thanks for the sandwich, by the way.”

“You’re always welcome. Want to go to the arcade after classes?”

“Sure!”

 

“JB hyung is surely taking advantage of Junior hyung being busy, huh?” Yugyeom said as they watch JB and Yerin leave to the arcade.

“If Junior has to trust his sister to one of us, it’s obviously JB. I’m sure he’s aware of his best friend’s feelings for his sister.”

“Jackson hyung is right, but the problem is, does Yerin like him too?” Youngjae stated as the four of them looked at Jimin.

She shook her head. “I don’t know either. She’s mentioned about some guy and I’m glad she’s finally trying to give herself a chance to take interests in guys again, but I don’t think it’s JB.”

“You mean she like someone else?! Could it be me??? But how about JB-hyung?”

“Dream on, Bambam.” Jimin rolled her eyes at him.

 

“Shoot it! Shoot it! There! Behind the tree! Oh no, we’re going to get killed!” Yerin ranted.

“Use your gun and help me shoot the enemies too!”

“They will outnumber us!”

A few shots were thrown as the game finally ended.

“We won. We won!!!” Yerin jumped happily as she gave JB a hug, making him stiff.

“Here’s your prize, sir.”

JB woke up from his trance and accepted the huge stuffed bear. “Even though I did all the work, here’s your prize.”

“Thank you! You’re the best!” She gladly accepted the bear and hugged it.

 

After playing a few more games, they decided to call it a day.

“Thank you so much for today…for everyday, actually. You always make my day wonderful.”

 “I’m glad to hear that I make your day wonderful. No matter what happens, I’ll always be here for you.”

She gave him a shy smile. “Thank you. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.”

JB took a step closer to her and gave her a sweet smile. He cupped her face and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. “Good night.”

Yerin’s eyes blinked as rapid as her heartbeat. “G-good night. Take…c-care.” She managed to utter.

She was still in trance when JB already left. She turned to enter their house but almost got a heart attack to see her brother standing on the doorstep.

“O-oppa…” She was gaping. He might misunderstand. Did he see…?

“Yup, I saw everything. It’s too cheesy that it makes me cringe. I can’t believe my best friend has that side of his.”

“It’s not like—”

“I know, I know. Just want to remind you that you still need my permission if you decide to date him.”

She was about to explain herself but Jinyoung didn’t let her. They entered the house and ordered her to rest immediately.

 

Thursday came and Yerin was awakened as the sun rays hit her face. She buried her face into her pillow, wanting to get some more sleep. But her pillow is warm and breathing…it made her eyes shot open.

“Good morning.”

If not for missing him, she could’ve already pushed him off of the bed. “Mark!!!” She hugged him. “You’re back.”

“Yeah…I was going to ask if you missed me, but I guess I don’t have to.” He smirked.

She made a face at him. “Still conceited, as ever.”

“You didn’t cheat on me while I was away, did you?”

“Uhm…I’ve been with JB the whole time you were away.” She teased.

“Mwo?! Yah, how dare you—”

“Yerin-ah, wake up.” Jinyoung knocked on her door.

Mark groaned. “I swear. Your brother’s timing is pissing me. I’ll see you later at school. Lunchtime. Rooftop.”

 

Yerin couldn’t wait for the lunch bell to ring. But when it rang, JB was waiting for them by their room’s door. She couldn’t decline so she agreed with him. She badly wants to head to the rooftop, so while the others were eating, she excused herself to the restrooms. Jimin, who was also going to use the restroom, decided to follow her. She got confused when Yerin passed by the restroom and headed to the rooftop. Due to her curiosity, she followed her. When she sneaked a peek through the rooftop door, she paled and covered to prevent herself making a sound. She rushed downstairs and went to the guys in the cafeteria.

 

(A/N: OMG What do you think did Jimin see in the rooftop? O: Comments pleaaaase <3 Don't forget to subscribe! To my silent readers, I'd love to hear from you, sweeties ^^ )