Chapter 6

7th Broken Heart

The next morning, Yerin was awakened by a loud commotion. She rubbed her eyes and got off of her bed. She groggily went out of her room to be greeted by eight pairs of eyes looking straight at her.

“Good morning, Yerin!!!” Bambam was the first one to greet her. She blinked three times before waving at him.

JB was trying to hide the smile and blush on his face, which was of course noticed by the almighty Jinyoung.

She noticed Mark by the corner snickering at her morning appearance.

“Oh honey, you’re finally awake! Your brother’s friends and Jimin came for a visit. Why don’t you wash up first?” Mrs. Park, who just walked out of the kitchen, said.

She nodded and did as told.

Finally, after washing up, she walked out of her room and bumped on someone’s chest. She looked up to see a very annoying person. In comparison to Jackson and Bambam, he’s too quiet, but for her, he’s much more annoying…not in a bad way though.

“Your morning face is ugly. I don’t know why JB was blushing. Told ya, he likes you. He sees you pretty even if you’re really ugly.”

She made a face at him. You’re just jealous that someone thinks I’m pretty, because I’m sure they think you look ugly. She shoved her pad in his face and meronged at him before heading to the dining room.

“What do I do? I’m indeed jealous.” Mark whispered to himself.

 

When she arrived, everyone was already eating. There were two empty seats: beside JB and beside Jinyoung. Her brother immediately noticed it and stood up to drag his sister and sat her beside him.

“Rin-ah, the guys want to hangout. Want to join?” Jimin asked.

Yerin looked at the expecting eyes of the guys. They cheered as she nodded.

 

They arrived in a park nearby and rested; it was a very tiring day. They went to the mall to eat and watch a movie—a horror one which the guys decided with, but all of them being scared while watching. They also went to an arcade and played like silly teenagers. The maknae-line was always cheating to beat the hyungs. They went to food stalls in the streets to eat again and again.

“It’s so tiring, but I hope you had fun, Rinnie.” Jinyoung ruffled her hair.

She nodded happily.

“It’s nice seeing your bright expression, Rin-ah.” Jimin hugged her.

“Yerin-ah, Yugyeom said you look beau—” Youngjae’s words were muffled by Yugyeom’s hand with his flushed face.

“Yah, yah, you guys, stop trying to hit on my sis.” Jinyoung warned.

Ignoring him, Jackson asked. “But Yerin, I’m just curious. Who do you like the most? Excluding Junior.”

“Of course, it’s me!!!” Bambam made an aegyo.

“No one likes an annoying person like you, Bambam.” Jimin .

Yerin looked at the boys one by one and stopped when her eyes made contact with someone who has been the kill-joy since morning—Mark. Wanting to , she pointed at JB.

“I knew it! I could sense those fishy interactions between you two!” Jackson stood up and overreacted with his whole body.

“Hey, you lied to me!” Jinyoung ‘semi’ scolded her.

She shook her head and wrote It’s ‘as a friend’, not in that way! I like them all! I’m just closest to JB.

“Ooh, hyung, you were just friend-zoned.” Youngjae nudged JB.

He was all red ever since Yerin’s finger pointed at him; Jinyoung was ‘sulking’, feeling ‘betrayed’ by his sister.

They were joking and laughing here and there, when droplets of water from the sky suddenly landed, and then it became a downpour. All of them rushed, trying to find a roof, but it was no use. All of them probably thought of the same thing since they started to play under the rain. Jimin laughed as Bambam slipped and fell on his . He stood up and chased her around; Jimin was using Yugyeom as a shield. Yerin saw her brother playing with JB and Youngjae. His back was facing her so she decided to run and jump on his back, causing them to fall on the grass. Yerin laughed which gained everyone’s attention.

“You laughed…Yerin laughed!!!” Jinyoung forgot the pain he felt during his fall, and before he could hug and spin his sister around, Jackson stole her and carried her away from him.

“We made Yerinnie laugh~~~” He cheered.

“Yah! I was the one who made her laugh!” Jinyoung was chasing them.

 

They decided to call it a day before all of them could get sick because of the rain. She and her brother, JB, and Jimin were walking together since their houses were on the same road. They arrived in front of Jimin’s house first.

“I really enjoyed this day. And I’m very glad to see your condition improving.” Jimin hugged Yerin. “Always remember we’re all here for you. See you on Monday!”

Next was the siblings’ place. “You made everyone happy just with your laugh. I hope, soon, it’s your voice that we could hear.” JB gave her his signature smile and was about to pat her head when Jinyoung swatted his hand away. “Don’t just comfortably touch my sister. Just because you’re my best friend, that doesn’t mean you’re exempted from the rules.”

JB just shook his head at his immature friend and waved good bye at them.