Chapter 3

7th Broken Heart

(A/N: Double update!!!)

Mark, Jaebum, Jinyoung, and Jackson are seniors so they took the separate way. On the other hand, the two girls are in the same class as the maknae line. Yerin nudged Jimin and shot her a worried look. Students were looking at her and whispering whatnots. In her previous school, students don’t pay attention even if she was a new transfer.

“Oh, don’t mind them. Your brother and his group are the most famous guys in this school. They probably saw you with Jinyoung and wondering what your relationship with him is. Don’t stress about it. I’m pretty sure your brother will take care of it.”

 

Mrs. Park and Jinyoung explained Yerin’s condition to the teachers when they transferred her to the school, so the morning classes went smoothly. They understand her situation and didn’t force her to do things she can’t. They are also aware of her good record of grades and are trying to help her to get better soon.

 

Break time came and Yerin told Jimin that she needs to go to the restroom. On the way, she spotted the staircase to the rooftop. She hesitated, but ended up at the rooftop anyway. She closed her eyes as the relaxing wind hit her skin. As she opened her eyes, she noticed that she wasn’t alone. She stared at the familiar figure and once he looked up, she remembered who he is. They had a few seconds of staring contest before Yerin looked away and walked to the railings, ignoring him and missing the frown that formed on his face.

She leaned on the railings and closed her eyes, inhaling the fresh air. She smiled as she felt the wind blow. *Jun, is that you? I miss you.*

Mark turned his head to stare at her.

*Can’t we just be together? I want to be with you.* Tears were starting to form on the brim of her eyes. She tightened her hold on the railings and looked down. She took a deep breath and stepped up on the edge. Mark started to panic, no, he had mixed feelings: surprised, panicked, confused, nervous, curious, and whatnot. But there was no time to think of that. One wrong move, Yerin would fall. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him before she could completely jump off.

“No! Don’t! Are you crazy?!” She landed on him, cheek against his chest and it was moving up and down in a fast pace. She could also feel his fast heartbeat.

She clutched on his shirt and buried her face in his chest, as she sobbed. Mark didn’t know what to do, but decided to let her cry out. When he felt her sobbing stopped, he lightly shook her. “H-hey, I think you should go back to class.”

She removed herself from Mark and pushed him away before running out of the rooftop.

 

Yerin headed to the cafeteria and was welcomed by a hug from her brother. “Oh my goodness, Yerin, where have you been?!”

She lowered her head as a form of apology.

“Were you in the comfort room the whole time and cried in there? Your eyes are swollen.”  Jimin commented.

She had no choice but to lie, so she nodded.

“You made me worry! Stay here, ok? We’ll just get some food.” Jinyoung told her.

He was pampering her too much. She can get her food herself, but nodded nonetheless.

She was left alone in the table, but soon company came when the person she wanted to avoid made his arrival. He sat in front of her ignoring her presence, as if nothing happened. It’s a relief for Yerin, though. It’s a good thing that he’s not a talker otherwise her brother would know the truth…that she almost committed suicide.

 

On their way home, Jimin spoke up. “I think school is a good thing for you, Rin. You might still not start talking, but I think school can help to make your condition better.”

“Yeah, that’s good. I hope you can move on from that trauma and get better soon. I want to know what really kind of person my sister is.” Jinyoung gave her a bright smile.

Yerin stopped on her tracks and tugged on Jinyoung’s sleeve. She gave him a look that he’s very familiar with. Jimin looked at Jinyoung for an answer.

“She wants to go to the cemetery.” He said.

“It’s pretty cool on how you learned to interpret her every look in a short period of time. You’re a great brother. Anyway, I’ll be going home. Don’t stay too long in the cemetery. Bye guys, see you tomorrow!”

 

Ever since that incident, Yerin was practically ignoring and avoiding Mark. No one suspected anything because they never had any interaction in front of the others in the first place. She may be avoiding, but she guessed it wasn’t the same case for him. She would still some times think of doing some stupid things, but she never succeeds; Mark would always be there to stop her. As if he knows what she’s think or he’s looking after her all the time, like a creepy stalker.

 

There was a time when it was raining hard and Yerin just left the cemetery. Having no umbrella, she didn’t care getting soaked in the rain as she solemnly walked home. Just then an umbrella hovered her, and when she looked up, her eyes met with an angry Mark. He gave the umbrella to her and walked away in the rain. He would always be like that. He would suddenly appear to save her, then walk away after, without saying a word. But there came a time, maybe he already had enough.

 

Yerin’s mind was wandering off so she was oblivious of her surroundings. She was about to cross the road, not noticing the stop light, until she heard a loud honking which brought her back to her senses. She was scared, but the thought of finally being with Jun again crossed her mind. Then, a hand wrapped around her wrist and pulled her back, face once again slamming against his chest. She needed not to look up to know who it was. She doesn’t know how she would actually feel about this guy. Should she be thankful that he always saves her? Or frustrated that he always prevents her to reunite with Jun? Those thoughts were long gone when he finally burst out his anger.

 

“Can you stop trying to hurt yourself?! Do you think killing yourself is the solution? Well, that’s stupid! He wouldn’t be happy if you did that. He would be so disappointed in you! He sacrificed his life for you! Don’t put it into waste. And stop being selfish! You also have a new family here who all care for you.” She doesn’t know how he knew about Jun, but her brother probably told them. She stared blankly.

What was she thinking? It was so stupid of her. She looked down as she cries, ashamed of herself.

“Look, I’m sorry with my words, but you should really stop doing this to yourself. If it wasn’t so obvious, your brother loves you so much. He always wanted to have a little sister, and he’s really happy since you came.”

She sobbed harder; Mark didn’t know what to do, but decided to comfort her. He awkwardly wrapped his arms around her and patted her head.

 

 Ever since, Yerin tried to focus on other things to keep her mind off of bad thoughts. Good thing, everyone was starting to get busy with school work, even Yerin herself. For her, it was a good thing that school is keeping her busy. That way, the accident would be out of her mind most of the time.

 

(A/N: How were the first three chapters? ^^)