Chapter 10

7th Broken Heart

Monday came and the student body was surprised and happy that Yerin was finally talking, but she felt the exact opposite of the people around her. She didn’t show it on her face though, afraid that she might worry her brother. She felt sad and empty—Mark was nowhere to be found and it bothered her. Mark has always been there for her, so she wanted to be there for him if he’s going through something.

Dismissal came and Jinyoung was busy, as usual. She was dragged by JB.

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see. I hope this may take you out of whatever is bothering you.”

She was surprised. How did JB know?

“You may fool the others, but not me, Jimin, and Junior.”

“I put up a façade for him not to worry, but he saw through me.”

“Don’t fret about it. Now, let me show you something.” The two of them arrived in a dance room. Yerin looked around to be greeted by mirrors on every wall.

Music played and JB started to dance in the middle. gaped. It was her first time seeing him dance and he was damn good! She clapped like a seal as he ended his dance.

“How was it?”

“You’re really amazing!!!”

He smiled. “Thanks. The other guys dance as well.”

“They do? Even Oppa?”

He nodded as he grabbed a face towel to wipe his sweat. “I think all of us are good in dancing. But my forte is b-boy dancing, Jackson is his swag and flips, and Mark is his stunt and flips as well. We sing too, but Jackson, Mark, and Bambam rap.”

She flinched at the mention of his name. He’s the sole reason of her worry right now. JB wanted to take her mind off of that matter, but made her remind of it as well. Not that he knows about it. “I want to see all of you dance together!” She managed to say.

“Yeah, I hope we can perform for you two girls, and you and Jimin can sing for us.”

She shyly lowered her head.”Don’t expect too much…it’s been a while and I think my singing got worse.”

“Just a little warm up and I’m sure your voice will sound as perfect as it is.”

She gave him a shy smile. “Thanks.”

 

A week passed without Mark, but she was thankful she has the other guys. Jinyoung was busy most of the time so she’s been stuck either with Jimin, JB, or the other guys.

It was in the middle of night and Yerin was half-asleep when she heard a soft thud in her room. She doesn’t know if she’s dreaming or not; she’s barely in her conscious mind. She then felt a familiar soft hand caress her cheek which completely woke her up. As soon as she opened her eyes, they locked with his. His eyes were showing a lot of emotions she couldn’t decipher. Without second thoughts, she lunged at him and wrapped her arms around him.

“Where have you been?”

“I had to visit my family in LA.” He lied, but she fell for it.

“You could’ve at least notified me beforehand. I was so worried.”

“I’m sorry. Now, don’t get mad at me. That’s why I visited you as soon as I returned, right?”

“I just happened to be not in a deep sleep! What if I was sound asleep? You’d sneak in and just leave without notice again.”

Ignoring her statement, he unwrapped her arms around him. “You should return to your sleep. I’ll be back tomorrow.”

She held his wrist. “No! You’re not leaving me again. What if you don’t come back?”

He sighed and tried to . “You’re being clingy right now. You sound like you’d allow me to stay for the night.”

He expected her to deny it like she used to, but her answer surprised him. “I don’t care. Yes, you’re staying and won’t leave again.”

“No. I told you, I’ll be back tomorrow.”

She hugged him once again and buried her face in his chest. “Don’t leave me, too.”

This is why I tried to avoid you for a week. “I won’t be gone forever, Rin. You’ll see me tomorrow.”

She shook her head and tightened her arms around him.

“How about I’ll stay until you fall asleep again? And I’ll be the first person you’ll see as soon as you open your eyes tomorrow morning.”

She hesitated before reluctantly nodded her head. Mark shifted his position so he could lie comfortably on the bed.

“Mark?” Yerin called. Mark hummed in response, making her feel the vibration of his voice with her ear against his sturdy chest. 

“Promise me you’ll never leave again.”

He chuckled to lighten the tension. “You do know promises are meant to be broken, right? None of us know the future. What if my family suddenly decided to ask me to go back in our hometown? I would have no choice. I might be the closest friend you have among your brother’s friends, but you still have JB, Jackson, Youngjae, Bambam, and Yugyeom.”

“It’s easy to be close with all of them as how I’m close to you, but they’re not you, Mark. You’re different.”

 You said it yourself, I’m different. Don’t make it much more difficult for me. “Just go back to sleep, okay?” He caressed her hair.

“I’m still scared to be left once again.” She nuzzled in his chest and tightened her embrace around his waist before falling into deep slumber.

Making sure she’s sleeping, Mark caressed her face. “What is this I’m feeling? Why it has to be you?” He brushed his thumb against her lips. He pecked her forehead and carefully removed her arms around his waist before leaving through the window.