DAW - Saturday

Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

Ah... Finally. It's 3 hours late, but at least I got to do it now, and I'm finally caught up. (I can't wait to sleep omg)

I honestly thought this would be easy to write... But it wasn't. Lol.

Here is Deaf club presents... Deaf talent!

When: twins are 9

 

Christmas had always been Yoongi’s favourite time of year. For as long as he could remember, he’d loved it. And since he’d had kids, it became even more special to him. It was another reason to love the time of year. He loved seeing their eyes light up, loved getting excited with them, loved telling them magical stories, he loved everything.

 

One of the reasons he’d always loved Christmas was the nativity play that the Deaf club held every year. He remembered his first time seeing it when he was 8, with his grandmother. When she died, he went to see it with his grandfather instead. When he died, he went with Seokjin. When he married Jimin, he usually dragged him along with them. And when he had kids, of course they came too. It was like their family tradition by now.

 

Only this year was special. This year was better than any other nativity play the club had ever done. This year his son was in it.

 

Yoongi couldn’t have been happier. When Yunsoo said he wanted to audition, Yoongi waited outside the room the whole time, peeking in through the tiny window. He knew the boy would get in, but he was still happily surprised when Yunsoo was given the most important role. Yunsoo was playing Joseph.

 

He remembered how happy he and Jimin had been, how proud they were. They’d treated the twins to ice cream afterwards, donated props and even took him to get his hair cut so that it was neat and trimmed. Jisoo refused to let anyone cut her hair, because she wanted to grow it out like a princess.

 



 

The weeks running up to the play were a little hetric. Yunsoo practiced his lines everyday, with the help of Jimin or Jisoo, and Yoongi always watched from the sofa, reminding him that he needed to face the audience or sign a little clearer.

 

Sometimes Yunsoo invited his friends over to rehearse with him, usually Sunhee, who was playing Mary. It made Yoongi’s heart warm when he watched them; Yunsoo was so happy that he was given the main role with his best friend. It brought back memories of himself and Minah, and how close they were.

 

-We don’t have a baby- Sunhee signed suddenly, looking up towards him and Jimin on the sofa.

 

Jimin sat up instantly, -it’s okay. You can borrow Jisoo’s.- He stood up and walked into her room, returning a few minutes later with Jisoo’s old baby doll. It was still dressed up in a pink pretty dress and covered in glitter and messy pink felt tips, probably not what Jesus was supposed to look like, but it would have to do.

 

He handed it to Sunhee, who held it in her arms like it was a real baby. Yoongi found it cute but he missed when Jisoo would do that. The twins had outgrown things like that now.

 

He smiled when Jimin plopped down besides him, his arm instantly slipping around Yoongi’s waist and pulling him closer. Together they watched as Yunsoo and Sunhee continued rehearsing. They were so good, they’d memorised all of their lines, and they both worked hard on perfecting everything. The play was in a week now, and Yoongi was sure they were ready.


 

 

 

 

Yoongi’s favourite time of year was Christmas for another reason, too. Christmas was the time when he could finally be with his best friend again. Minah always came back to Korea over Christmas, to be with her family and her friends. She came back at other times too, but it was always Christmas when she was definitely going to come.

 

There was never a day when Yoongi wasn’t doing anything, because whenever he had free time, they were together. Out shopping, or visiting the cafe, or visiting the Deaf club, or even staying at home, either Yoongi’s or her brother’s home. He missed her so much, and he loved hanging out with her and Jimin, or Seokjin, or some of their friends from Deaf club.

 

Minah also helped out with Yunsoo’s rehearsals. She’d been in the play a few times when she was younger, either acting or helping out with props and production. Usually Yoongi helped out with that these days, but because his son was the star of the show, this year he wanted to be in the audience, watching.

 

The twins both adored Minah. They would beg for her to stay for longer, and they even asked her to stay overnight one time so that she would be there when they woke up. Yoongi was so happy that his kids loved her just as much as he did.

 

-Are you coming to the show?- Jisoo asked, climbing onto Jimin’s lap. Yoongi reached to pull her cardigan back over her shoulder, since it had slipped off.

 

Minah nodded. -I wouldn’t miss anything that you two are in- she signed, smiling fondly at her.

 

Yoongi grinned as Yunsoo sat next to her, sheets of papers in his hands that contained his lines. He was reading over them furiously, but there was no need, because he’d memorised them so well, he knew all of his lines, when to sign, he knew everything. Yoongi knew he would be the best actor in the whole world.

 

 

 



 

Please log in to read the full chapter