Yoongi's POV

Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

~~If you haven't read SILY chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4, I'd recommend you to! Since this is a Yoongi's POV of those particular chapters! All of Yoongi's signs are in italics~~

If anyone wants to know Yoongi's POV about a situation in one of the chapters, please ask me! If it's good enough, I'll write a chapter on it, but even if I don't write a chapter, I will still tell you and post it onto tumblr ^-^

" I love this!! I loved Signing I love you so much it was so wonderful. I had only finished it after you did a mini Q & A at the end so I couldn’t ask my question but I was curious of what Yoongi’s first impressions of Jimin were?? Like was he instantly drawn to him and would of tried for a stronger bond with the younger despite the language barrier or was the fact Jimin was learning sign language for him a big factor that made his feelings develop? I understand if it wouldn’t inspire a mini chapter as it might not work in Yoongi’s point of view but I was just curious of what Yoongi would say about Jimin when he wasn’t around to Namjoon and Seokjin! Sorry for the paragraph haha! I just love these characters and wanted to know more of how Yoongi felt when their friendship and later relationship began!! Keep up the amazing writing :)"


In answer to your question, when Yoongi first met Jimin, even though he thought he was cute (doesn't everyone?), he felt slightly uncomfortable, since Jimin did stare at him a lot before he knew that he was deaf, wondering why he didn't speak etc. When he found out that the reason Jimin was staring was because of curiousity, not because he thought that Yoongi was strange or something, he started to like him, but as a friend. Yoongi gets attached to people very easily. He feels quite lonely and wants to make as many friends as he can. He becomes really strongly attached to new people, he really wants to make friends and he wants to be around them at all times. (That's one of the reasons why people abandon him, because he gets so attached.) 

It's not any different when he meets Jimin, he likes him a lot and desperately wants to befriend him. The only difference is, most people become tired of Yoongi, his deafness, their lack of communication and Yoongi's strong attachment, but Jimin stuck by him through everything. It doesn't take that long for him to realise that he likes Jimin as more than a friend.

[[I'd also like to point out that this strong attachment is the reason why Seokjin was wary of Jimin at first. He knows how much Yoongi likes people, and he knows how upset he becomes when people leave him, so when Jimin and Yoongi's relationship starts to develop, he panics. He's afraid that Jimin is just stringing him along, and that he will leave Yoongi like everyone else did. :) ]]

 

 

 

 

 


When Yoongi finished class, he was tired. Seokjin tapped his shoulder suddenly, -Should we get coffee?- he asked, walking besides him. Yoongi just nodded, too tired to sign back. He yawned as the older held the door open for him. Seokjin tapped his shoulder again, -I'm going to the bathroom- he announced before walking to the back of the cafe. It didn't bother Yoongi, he was able to order their drinks here, he did it all the time. He hoped that Jungkook was working today; asides from Namjoon (who was on holiday right now), Jungkook was Yoongi's favourite, since he always smiled at him and doodled something silly on his cup. It always made him smile when the kid did that. But it wasn't Jungkook working today, and it wasn't any of the other workers that he knew, either. In front of a group of girls, Yoongi noticed someone new on the counter, someone he didn't recognise. He panicked quickly; did he know sign language? His heart rate was increasing, and he prayed that Seokjin would be back when the girls finished. 


Only, Seokjin wasn't back when the girls left. New kid looked at him, and Yoongi could see his lips move, but he couldn't hear what he said, and he froze in fear. The boy was beautiful, possibly the most beautiful person Yoongi had ever seen, but that didn't matter right now, and Yoongi had to focus on taking deep breaths to stop himself having a panic attack.** Yoongi could feel his face burning, and as he stepped forwards, he searched the cafe in hope to see Seokjin come to save him. But he wasn't anywhere to be seen, and Yoongi felt tears at the back of his eyes. The worker was speaking again, because his lips were moving, and Yoongi frowned. -Do you know sign language?- It was worth a shot. 


When the worker didn't respond, he felt like he would really have a panic attack. He looked around frantically, praying for Seokjin to return, and he couldn't calm down his breathing at all. The worker cocked his head and moved his lips, and all Yoongi wanted to do was run out the cafe, but Seokjin had told him never to do that. -Please can you bring JUNGKOOK? Or another worker? I'm sorry for holding everyone up, please bring someone- he signed, eyes watering but still searching the room for his carer. 


Finally, he saw Seokjin and he pointed at him quickly. When the older noticed him, he ran towards him, placing a hand on his shoulder while he spoke to the worker. -Are you okay? I'm sorry, I didn't know they had a new worker here- he apologised, frowning deeply and taking out his wallet. Yoongi still felt incredibly anxious but Seokjin's presence was calming and he felt so relieved. -I feel embarrassed. I made everyone angry- Yoongi frowned, glancing back at the impatient looking queue of people. -That's not your fault, it's mine. Do you feel okay now? Do you need to go outside?- Yoongi loved Seokjin, he really did, but the older worried far too much. -I'm fine now.-


Seokjin turned to face the worker again, saying something to him and bowing as he took their drinks. The boy looked curious, his eyes staring at Yoongi like he was some sort of mystical creature that had just been discovered. It made him feel uncomfortable and embarrassed, and he just bowed to the worker, following Seokjin to their usual table. Yoongi got out his sketch book and tapped Seokjin's shoulder to get his attention, -I don't think the new worker likes me.- -Why?- -He kept looking at me like I was weird. And I held up the entire queue, he's annoyed at me.- Seokjin glanced at the worker quickly, -he's new. He probably just didn't know about your hearing. Are you sure you're okay?- -I'm fine.-


As he carried on his drawing, he could feel the new kid watching him, and he felt nervous. He glanced up, and the boy looked away quickly. Yoongi frowned. Why was he watching him? After 20 minutes, when he was almost done with the drawing, Seokjin tapped his shoulder, and he looked up to see Jungkook stood with the new boy. Jungkook bowed, and Yoongi smiled, because he was happy to see him. He wanted to ask where he'd been, but the boy didn't know much sign language, so he didn't bother. Instead, he held up his drawing to show him, since it was almost done and he felt proud of it so far. -It's good- Jungkook signed, and Yoongi watched the boy next to him. His eyes widened and his lips moved, and Yoongi frowned and turned to Seokjin for help. From the corner of his eye, he saw Jungkook elbow the boys side harshly, and the boy frowned and spoke again. 


-He's asking if you drew the picture- Seokjin informed, and Yoongi nodded. He felt proud, since the boy looked so shocked and in awe of his drawing. Yet he still felt cautious, almost paranoid that the boy thought Yoongi was weird. The boy carried on speaking, and Yoongi watched as he bowed down repeatedly. He wasn't really sure what was going on, but he still felt slightly anxious around the kid, so he carried on drawing, trying to ignore the feeling of being looked at by this new boy. It wasn't that he disliked him, Yoongi didn't dislike anyone, but he really felt uncomfortable when people stared at him, it made him feel weird and different, like there was something special about him. Yoongi didn't think there was anything special about him.


When Seokjin tapped him again, he looked up hesitantly, avoiding the kids gaze. -He didn't know you were deaf, and he apologised- the older informed, and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He figured that the boy was looking at him because he was curious, not because he thought anything negative. -He also said that you're very talented- Seokjin added, and Yoongi's heart fluttered. He grinned at the boy, -thank you. I'm sorry for holding everyone up earlier, it was my fault.- Yoongi watched curiously as Seokjin translated for him. The kid was cute, and he seemed friendly, since he didn't make a huge deal earlier. Not everyone in the world was as patient as this worker, and Yoongi had his fair share of people losing their patience and yelling in his face, even becoming violent, because he couldn't hear. His opinion of this boy was changing quickly; Yoongi almost wanted to befriend the new worker, like he'd befriended all the other workers. 


So when the kid turned around to head back to the counter, Yoongi panicked. -Wait, stay. Can you stay for a few more minutes?- When Seokjin translated, the kid turned to Jungkook, and Yoongi watched them curiously as they spoke. When the kid took a seat next to his carer, he grinned, -thank you. I'm YOONGI, what's your name?- The boy blushed, looking at Seokjin, and Yoongi noticed just how handsome he was. His skin was slightly darker than his own, and his lips were pink and thick. When he spoke, Yoongi quickly looked away, focusing on his soft brown hair instead. Seokjin started signing, so he watched closely as the older introduced Yoongi and himself to the new worker, and then turned to look at the boy next to him. He smiled at Yoongi, and Yoongi was taken aback by the pure beauty, he couldn't help but grin back as he spoke. Yoongi found a lot of people beautiful; he thought Seokjin was beautiful and Jungkook was one of the most handsome men he'd ever laid eyes on, but this boy was beautiful in a different way. -His name is JIMIN- Seokjin told him, and Yoongi thought it was one of the most lovely names in the world. He held out his hand for Jimin to shake, since Seokjin told him that was a polite way of greeting somebody new, and when Jimin took it, he felt startled at how warm his hands were. Yoongi felt shy, his cheeks blushing, and he didn't want Jimin to know that, so he carried on with his drawing. 

 

 

 

 


-I made a new friend today- Yoongi announced when Namjoon visited their flat. Namjoon was Seokjin's boyfriend. When he first met him, Namjoon didn't know any sign language, and Yoongi was absolutely over the moon when Seokjin told him that he was taking courses in it. It turned out Namjoon was a really cool person, and Yoongi could talk to him about anything. -Really? Who is it?- -His name is JIMIN. He's beautiful- Yoongi signed, grinning. The two weren't really shocked by his sudden compliment, since he really did call everyone he met beautiful. -We had a new person at work start yesterday. His name is also JIMIN- Namjoon stated, and Yoongi giggled at his stupidity. -It's the same JIMIN- Seokjin informed. Namjoon grinned at him, and Yoongi signed about Jimin for hours. 

 

 

 

 


As soon as Yoongi opened the doors to the deaf club, he spotted his friend, Minah, and sprinted towards her. Minah had been his best friend for as long as he could remember, and he wished that he could see her everyday like he used to, but she had to move to the other side of Seoul, so he only saw her at deaf club. She spotted him as he ran, and she waved cheerfully, -shall we play a game?- -Not now- Yoongi informed, walking with her to the chairs at the corner of the room, -I have important news.- She nodded curi

Please log in to read the full chapter