Basketball game

Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

I'm so sorry, I know absolutely NOTHING about basketball, and I tried to do a bit of research but it was literally like looking at a different language it was just so confusing. I feel like my lack of knowledge about the sport really affected this chapter, so I'm gonna apologise. I'm sorry :(

Also jfc I did not know that the seats were so damn high up!!! Please pretend that the seats are kind of low like low enough for Yoongi to like hop up onto wow

Also idk why Jin always seems to be in the middle of making food when he's mentioned at home I'm sorry

Anyway here is one of Yoongi's basketball games with the deaf club 

When: less than a year together (but very close to their first year anniversary I guess, it's exactly a year after the last game, which was mentioned in chapter 1 of SILY!) starting level 3 SL

 

 

 

Jimin hurriedly served the customer, politely smiling at her and wishing her a nice day as she walked away. Yoongi, or rather, the next customer, stepped forwards, a huge grin on his face. -You look happy- Jimin commented as he started making his orders. Yoongi just nodded excitedly, and as curious as Jimin was, there was no way of finding out why until his break when he could sit with Seokjin and Yoongi together. So he just grinned for now, drawing a huge heart on Yoongi's cup. The older smiled when he saw it, lips turned up in a beautiful smile.


Waiting for his break was painful, especially since Yoongi looked so happy and energised today. Jimin just wanted to know what was so exciting so that he could get excited with him. It could be small; Yoongi got excited over the small things that seemed unimportant to everyone else. Jimin remembered him coming into the cafe bouncing on his toes because he'd witnessed someone propose and they said yes. It could also be huge; Yoongi always seemed so, so happy when he achieved a goal at college, or got the highest grade. Whatever the reason, big or small, Jimin was happiest when Yoongi was happy. 


"What happened?" Jimin asked as he took a seat next to Yoongi, loosely linking their fingers under the table. "Basketball tournaments are coming up again, Yoongi made the team," Seokjin smiled, and Jimin gasped, squeezing his hand briefly to show support. "That's great! When is it?" "Next week. Are you coming?" "Of course I'm coming!" Jimin grinned. He didn't even know if he would be working or not, but he would definitely swap with Jungkook if he was. Yoongi was nearly bouncing in his seat when Seokjin translated, and Jimin had to fight the strong urge to kiss him. He stayed with the two for his entire break, learning new signs for Yoongi's basketball game. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A knock at his door told him that it was time to go, so Jimin hurriedly slipped his shoes on and grabbed a jacket, yelling his goodbyes to Taehyung before he left. "Ready?" Seokjin asked, and Jimin nodded, "ready." He couldn't help the huge grin that spread across his face when he saw Yoongi in his sports uniform. He seemed different from the usual tired and sluggish Yoongi who wanted to snuggle up and sleep all day, he was energetic and motivated, and Jimin was proud. Seokjin and Namjoon had told him that he was the best player, and he couldn't wait to see for himself. The older was holding a ball, and he played with it as they walked to Seokjin's car, bouncing it or spinning it on his finger, and Jimin was impressed already. 


Namjoon was waiting by the car, and Yoongi excitedly passed the ball to him, but of course Namjoon was clumsy and he missed it, resulting in the ball hitting him in the face. Seokjin was horrified, instantly rushing over and checking him for injuries, but Jimin and Yoongi just laughed. Yoongi signed to Namjoon who just gave a sarcastic smile and signed back. Seokjin scolded Yoongi for throwing the ball, and even though Yoongi was still laughing, he still apologised. Namjoon glanced at the pair as Seokjin got in the car, "shorties in the back," he teased, signing for Yoongi, and Yoongi stuck his tongue out before climbing in. 

 

 

 

 

Yoongi sprinted off once they were in the court, greeting all of his friends with a huge grin on his face. Jimin recognised a few of them from that time when he went to deaf club with him, but some of them were people he'd never seen before. "There's still another hour or so until the game, do you wanna head to the cafe?" Seokjin asked, but Jimin shook his head, "I'll stay here." "Okay. We'll bring some coffee back or something," Seokjin smiled, walking off hand in hand with Namjoon. Jimin took a seat at the front, a seat where he could see everything. Yoongi smiled at him and waved, and Jimin waved back, grinning stupidly wide. 


He watched as Yoongi warmed up by himself, stretching and practising throwing the ball in the hoops. Jimin was surprised when he got it in almost every time. He smiled proudly and clapped, and Yoongi noticed him and blushed. A man suddenly walked into the front of the court, holding up a flashing light**, and all the players collected in front of him. He began signing to them all, and Jimin wondered what he was saying. He watched curiously as everyone began running laps, and he couldn't help but smile when he laid eyes on Yoongi. The older was usually so lazy, sometimes made him carry him on his back because he was too tired to walk, but he looked so energetic right now, so happy, like he was a complete different person. Jimin began to realise how much Yoongi loved playing basketball, he seemed so passionate about it. 


Namjoon returned shortly after, without Seokjin, and Jimin raised an eyebrow, accepting the drink that the older handed him. "He bumped into some friends, got chatting, I got bored," Namjoon explained, reading Jimin's confused expression. He took a sip of his own drink after sitting down next to Jimin, "what did I miss?" Jimin shrugged, "nothing, much. They're warming up." The light flashed again, and everyone stopped running, instead standing in front of (who Jimin assumed was) the coach, panting heavily. The man began signing again, and two girls came to stand on either side of him, one holding red shirts, the other holding blue shirts. "He's separating them into teams," Namjoon explained, although Jimin figured it out for himself mainly. 


Yoongi was on the red team, and he hurriedly took the red shirt and gathered with his team. Jimin was alarmed when he suddenly pulled his shirt off in the middle of the court, and all the other players did too. He cringed when everyone stared at Yoongi, and Namjoon laughed, "oh, wow. Thank god Seokjin isn't here." Jimin eyed the trail of hickeys that littered their way down Yoongi's torso, still cringing massively, and he hid his face in his hands, "oh my god." If he'd known that Yoongi got changed in the middle of the court, he wouldn't have left so many hickeys on his skin. Yoongi seemed unfazed however, just smiling and pulling his red shirt on. 


Seokjin rely seconds after, and Jimin was so thankful; he could not deal with Seokjin's horrified expression at seeing the marks he'd left on Yoongi. "Did it start already?" He asked, watching as Yoongi tossed the ball to one of his teammates. "No, they're just practising, it starts in 5 minutes," Namjoon informed. Jimin was anticipating this so much. He knew Yoongi would win it, he didn't know how; he'd never even seen him play properly, but he just knew. He had no doubts about it, Jimin truly believed in him. 


The seats started to get fuller, filled with family, friends, and carers. It surprised Jimin how many people turned up, since the group were only small, he expected a small audience. But almost all the seats were filled. The game started at 2PM, and it was now 1:58, and Jimin was so excited. Yoong

Please log in to read the full chapter