Yoongi POV - baby's first scan

Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

Someone requested Yoongi's POV for finding out that they're having not one, but two babies! It was so short with just that, so I also added when they found out the es of the babies :)

Please remember that Yoongi was set on having a girl, so when I mention the baby as a "she", it's because of that :) 

Also lmao I have no idea how the whole adoption thing works, I literally based all of the adoption side on Juno (the film) I'm so sorry this probably isn't even how it works tbh. Anyway there isn't that much about the adoption in here, it's mainly finding out about the twins :)

Send requests here

View the list here

When: just been paired with the birth mother, first scan!!!! (I think that's like 10 weeks pregnant)

 

 

Yoongi was excited. He'd woken up with a huge grin on his face, and for once he couldn't wait to get out of bed. He spent the entire car ride to the hospital with a stupidly wide smile, he was happy and excited. -Are you ready?- Jimin asked when he parked, and Yoongi nodded, -of course.- He'd been waiting for this moment since he found out about it. He quickly climbed out the car and hurried into the hospital, Jimin following closely behind, and Yoongi was so, so excited; today was the first scan!


His smile weakened a little when he saw the birth mother, and he gripped onto Jimin's hand tightly. He didn't really feel safe around her, not since her comment about wanting to give up her baby in fear that it might be deaf, last week. She treated deafness as if it was something to be ashamed of. Yoongi hated that. People like her wanted the world to be rid of deafness, of deaf people. That frightened him. But he had to be respectful, after all, she could always choose someone else to parent her baby, and he didn't want that. He remained glued to Jimin's side as the younger spoke to her. When he'd told Jimin about his feelings for her, Jimin held him for a long time. -It's okay- he'd signed, brushing away Yoongi's hair gently, -you're safe around me. If anything, we should feel more determined to adopt her baby. If the baby is deaf, she or he will be safer with us.- Yoongi had quickly agreed. 


Seokjin arrived shortly after, and Yoongi grinned, greeting him with a hug and a huge smile. -Are you excited?- he asked, and Yoongi nodded, -I can't wait to see my baby.- Seokjin smiled. Yoongi turned to face the young woman, waving to get her attention. -Are you feeling okay? You don't have any tummy pains or anything?- He waited for Seokjin to translate, and breathed a sigh of relief when she shook her head. -She said she's fine- Seokjin told. -Don't worry- Jimin added, smiling warmly. 

 

 

Yoongi gasped as the woman began lifting her sweater, and the whole room turned to look at him. -Is something wrong?- Seokjin asked, and Yoongi blushed, -she's getting undressed.- Seokjin and Jimin chuckled, -she's not. The doctor has to feel her tummy- Seokjin informed. Yoongi nodded, blushing harder. He watched as the doctor began rubbing gel onto her stomach, and Jimin came to hold his hand, squeezing him gently. His heart was racing. He found it strange how his baby was lying inside her tummy. He couldn't wait to finally meet her, to take her home, where she belonged. 


His eyes switched to a screen next to the doctor, and he couldn't stop the smile that spread across his face. He squeezed Jimin's hand tightly. The screen was a little blurry at first, kept moving around, but it soon became clear that something wasn't normal. Jimin and Yoongi had looked at example scan pictures, pictures of the ultrasound, and Yoongi was definitely sure that this wasn't normal, he hadn't seen anything like this. He squinted his eyes, trying to make sense of what he saw, but it was hard, so he turned to Jimin quickly. Jimin was frozen. He'd paled and in all honesty, he looked horrified. His lips moved, so Yoongi turned to Seokjin quickly, -why is there two?- he translated, and Yoongi could tell he was itching to turn around and see what they were looking at. But he stayed facing Yoongi. 


Yoongi scrunched his face, two? It didn't really make sense to him until Seokjin waved his hand to get his attention, -you're expecting twins- he signed, smiling. -Twins?-  Yoongi's jaw dropped, but he quickly smiled, he was so happy. He was so happy. He couldn't contain himself, bouncing excitedly in his seat, clapping his hands to his mouth, giggling wildly. Twins. He felt like this was a blessing, he felt honoured. He turned to face Jimin, still wiggling in his seat happily, and Jimin was still frozen, his eyes wide and jaw hanging. Yoongi just grinned at him, giggling loudly, his hands coming to hide his face, fingers quickly wiping the tears that were collecting at the rim of his eyes. Twins.

 

 

 

-Please get lots of rest and stay healthy- Yoongi signed, still smiling. He waited for Seokjin to translate, and the woman smiled warmly at him. -If you need anything, let us know, we'll try to help out- Jimin signed while speaking. Yoongi smiled. Although he didn't particularly like her, she was still the one holding his children, she needed to be taken care of in order for them to be healthy. 

 

 


Jimin left with the woman to take her out for coffee and to buy her groceries, and Yoongi was just glad that he understood that Yoongi didn't want to come. He was uncomfortable. So Seokjin took him home instead. -How do you feel?- he asked, and Yoongi grinned, -I feel happy. I feel blessed. This was really unexpected.- -I know. Are you sure you're ready for two babies? It's okay to find someone else- Seokjin told, and Yoongi shook his head furiously, -they're mine now. I love them.- Seokjin smiled. Yoongi gasped suddenly, -we need to buy more things- he signed, smiling and heading to the kitchen to bring the baby catalogue out. Seokjin was signing, but Yoongi didn't pay atten

Please log in to read the full chapter