1st Birthday

Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

~~Sorry for the long wait! Rather than just going through every singgggggggle thing ever in the twin's lives (Which is difficult bc I know NOTHING about babies) I'm gonna do key moments.~~

 


After their fun in the changing rooms, Yoongi and Jimin decided to have Seokjin or Taehyung babysit the twins once a week so that they could have some time alone. It was always on a Wednesday. Sometimes they would until their bodies hurt, sometimes they would just cuddle on the sofa and watch TV, and sometimes they would simply catch up on some sleep together. Having a day to themselves lessened their arguments and brought them closer together, and Jimin was reminded again of why he married Yoongi. 


On Friday, the twins were turning 1, so the couple used this Wednesday to go out shopping for them. Jimin had already ordered countless things online, most of which had arrived and were being stored at Seokjin's house until Friday. -I'm going to start working again soon- Yoongi announced as they visited a new cafe for lunch. When the twins were born, he stopped his photography work, stating that he had no time to work anymore with 2 newborn babies. Jimin was pleased that he could start working again, if it brought them more money to spend on their children, he was happy. -Got any project ideas?- Jimin asked, taking a large bite from his sandwich. Yoongi grinned at him, -family project.-


Jimin smiled. Yoongi loved doing projects on things that were close to his heart. He once begged Jimin to take him down to Busan so that he could do a project on the beach, because, in Yoongi's words, the beach is a special place in my heart. Jimin was also featured in many of his projects. Yoongi loved to take pictures of them together, or when Jimin wasn't aware. Jimin remembered peeking at his work while he edited photos and gasped when most were of him; in the middle of making breakfast, practising his dance choreography, even sleeping. Jimin cringed at the photo of him sleeping, truthfully he thought that he looked stupid, but Yoongi claimed that he was beautiful. Yoongi loved personal projects; of course the twins would be his next one. 


Yoongi peeked into some of their bags. They'd bought so much stuff for the twins. Clothes, blankets, toys, even a new pushchair, since they decided that it was time to take them out more. Jimin focused more on buying Jisoo some musical toys, including a colourful xylophone for her to play with and a singing teddybear, and Yoongi focused on buying more artsy toys for Yunsoo, like a pack of crayons and light-up building blocks. They were absolutely spoiled. Yoongi held up a pink coat and admired it. It had heart-shaped patterns sewn into it, and the inside was covered in a thick fleece to keep babies warm. Yoongi had seen it in a shop and he placed it in the basket without even looking at the price, -we're getting this for JISOO- he stated, grinning widely, -she will look cute in it.- They bought a similar one for Yunsoo, the only difference being that it was blue, and had circles sewn on rather than hearts. 

 

 

 

Jungkook had offered to babysit today, and while Jimin worried if he would be okay by himself, he promised to call either him or Seokjin if there were any problems. When Jimin opened the door, he found him sat cross legged on the floor, Jisoo sat in his lap, both of their eyes glued to the target-audience-is-babies-not-22-year-old-men show on the TV. "Where's Yunsoo?" Jimin asked, imidiately noticing his absence. Jungkook didn't even take his eyes off the screen, too mesmerised by the talking triangles and circles, "I called Namjoon-hyung over because both of them cried at the same time and I didn't want to drop them or something," he mumbled. Jimin sighed in relief, "how did you manage to comfort them?" "Hyung made weird faces at them both and he was really ugly so they laughed."


"Are you actually kidding me?" Namjoon groaned from the baby room. Jimin walked in to see what the problem was. He laughed when he saw Namjoon standing in front of Yunsoo, old nappy in his hands and pee all over his T-shirt. "He couldn't have waited," the older muttered as he reached for a baby wipe and wiped himself. Jimin found it hilarious, but he also empathised with Namjoon, because the amount of times Yunsoo had peed on him while he was changing him was unreal. He helped change Yunsoo and carried him out. 


Yoongi was holding Jisoo on his lap, making weird faces at her as she giggled and reached out to touch his face. Jimin couldn't help but smile at the sight. "You can turn it off now," Namjoon told Jungkook, who was still on the floor. "Yeah one minute, just let me see if they get enough strawberries," the younger mumbled, not looking up. Namjoon raised an eyebrow at him but said nothing else to him, opting to sit in between the two daddies and their babies, "What did you buy for them?" he asked, signing for Yoongi. "Shhh," Jimin hushed, "she might hear us." Namjoon turned to look at Jisoo, who looked back at him curiously, shoving her entire fist in , "she's not even a year old, Jimin." Jimin rolled his eyes, "I'll tell you later when I put them to bed. It's bed time soon anyway."


Bed time came quickly, and Yoongi stood up with Jisoo, raising her into the air and then pulling her close to his chest. She squealed in excitement, eyes lighting up. Jimin smiled, standing up with Yunsoo and leaning over to kiss her forehead. She stretched her arms out, "dada!" Jimin froze. Namjoon froze. Jungkook snapped his head from the TV to Jimin. Yoongi smiled and spun around with her, completely unaware that she'd just said her first word. Jimin had to sit down again. His legs felt weak and he didn't trust himself holding Yunsoo while like this so he placed the boy down on the playmat. He watched as Yoongi carried her, still spinning playfully and she kept babbling, "dadadadada." Eventually Namjoon left the room. Over Jisoo's vocal play, he could hear Namjoon talking to Seokjin in the kitchen on the phone.


Soon, the oldest was here, running in just as Yoongi  noticed something was wrong. The blonde boy frowned, signing with one hand as the other was holding Jisoo to his chest, -What's wrong?- Seokjin had Jungkook and Namjoon leave, and he sat Yoongi down. Yoongi, noticing how serious the atmosphere became, started to panic, -are the twins okay?- He looked over at Jimin, who avoided his gaze. Seokjin spoke as he signed, "nothing is wrong, the twins are fine." He paused for a while, as if wondering how to tell him, "Jisoo just said her first word." Jimin swallowed, and he didn't dare to look at Yoongi. The blonde slowly placed her down on the playmat next to her brother. He shook Jimin's knee harshly, and the younger hesitated before looking at him, tears welling up; Yoongi was.... smiling?


It wasn't just an ordinary smile. Yoongi was radiating happiness, and Jimin's heart shook. -What did she say?- he signed, nearly bouncing in his seat. Jimin looked into his eyes, there was no sign of sadness or emptiness. He slowly spelt it out, -DADA.- -DADA? Daddy?- he looked down at his daughter so lovingly, like she was the center of his world. Seokjin breathed a sigh of relief. -Why aren't you happy?- Yoongi asked suddenly, and Jimin bit his lip, -I felt guilty because I heard her, but you can't.- Yoongi frowned, -that's silly, stop it. Promise me you won't feel guilty?- he held out his pinky finger. Jimin forced a smile and linked their pinkies. But he still felt slightly upset; of all the times he wished Yoongi could hear, he wished that Yoongi could have heard his daughters first word the most.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jimin woke up to the sound of crying, as usual. Who needs an alarm when you have two babies? He yawned as the bed started to shake; a feeling which, after 5 years of a vibrating alarm and a year of a vibrating baby monitor, he was now used to, and he glanced at the time. 8:22. Well, that's not so bad. He walked to the baby room and lifted Jisoo from her cot. Thankfull

Please log in to read the full chapter