Jisoo's first period

Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

Okay so I've literally been writing 3 different stories at the same time, and this happens to be the shortest. (I'm also in the middle of Yoongi's story and their wedding which is so hard to write omfg). I really liked this request tbh, I hadn't even thought about it before and now I was like lmao it's so obvious to write about this. Anyway this is Jisoo's first period, but also Jimin having 'the talk' with the twins. It kind of ended up being a massive mess tbh, there's so much going on, sorry. 

Have you ever seen a boys reaction to a period? It's actually hilarious they get so afraid

Also I'm going to stop capitalising the names in the signs, I hope we all know that names are fingerspelled (in BSL) so yeah, it just makes the whole thing look nicer if I don't capitalise every name lmao

Also there's a J-hope pun in here and it's so unintentional but hilarious wow

ALSO I'M SO SORRY FOR THE USE OF CRINGY WORDS IN HERE I HATE USING AND BUT WHAT CAN YOU THEY'RE KIDS THEY'RE NOT GONNA TALK ABOUT AND ARE THEY

A/N: still living in the first house (where the twins share a room)

When: twins are 11!

 

 

 

"Daddy!" Jimin didn't even look up from his book as he stood up. Jisoo was in the bathroom and she probably ran out of toilet roll, it was no problem. He grabbed a spare roll and headed towards the bathroom, opening the door and holding his hand out for her to reach and take the roll, he still didn't look up, too lost in the book he was reading. "No, daddy! It's not that! Daddy, I'm bleeding!" His head shot up at that. He looked at her and indeed, she was holding a tissue soaked in blood. He was horrified. "Oh, god, oh my god oh my god oh my GOD Jisoo are you okay? Where are you bleeding, baby?" He asked, completely in a state of panic, crouching down in front of her and cradling her head in his hands. "It's coming from my lady parts," she explained, seemingly as panicked as he was.


He wanted to look, to see where she was bleeding, how severe it was, but it didn't feel appropriate, so he helped her stand up, shoving tissues in her before pulling them up, and he lifted her into his arms hurriedly. "Jisoo, baby, it's going to be okay, I promise," he stuttered, hurrying out of the room, carrying her on his side, and she clung onto him tightly and began crying. "Don't cry baby, Jisoo, daddy's here, everything will be okay." "Daddy I don't know what's happening, I didn't do anything it just started to bleed!" She cried, and Jimin's heart was racing with fear.


He raced into his room where Yoongi was taking a nap and woke him. Yoongi knew something was up instantly from the panicked state Jimin was in, and the terrified state Jisoo was in, and he jumped out of bed without hesitation, hurrying to get Yunsoo, who was clueless, drawing on the sofa, and they ran outside quickly. -What happened, what happened?- Yoongi asked, and Jimin wanted to explain but he was holding Jisoo so he couldn't. He quickly opened the car door and fastened her seatbelt. "Does it hurt, Jisoo?" He asked, worriedly. She frowned at him and wiped her tears, "it feels weird daddy, it's different, and my tummy hurts." Jimin felt like he could pass out from worry. He quickly explained to Yoongi what was happening and jumped in the car, heading to the hospital.


Jimin drove as quickly as he could; this was an emergency. He was constantly trying to calm Jisoo down, who'd broken down in floods of tears at the back of the car, clutching onto Yunsoo, who was equally as worried even though he had no idea what the was going on. "Jisoo, baby, it's okay, it's okay, I promise. Baby, it's okay. Don't cry, I promise that it's okay." They were at a red light and Jimin looked out the window, tapping his fingers impatiently on the wheel when he suddenly realised. Jisoo was a girl, and girls got, "periods." It made sense, the fact that she had started bleeding from nowhere, with no injury. He sighed loudly and flicked the indicator on, changing lanes. 


Yoongi noticed that they were no longer heading to the hospital when he drove back towards home, and he panicked, signing frantically at him. But of course Jimin had to keep his eyes on the road, so he had no idea what he was signing. "Jisoo, baby, can you sign something for daddy, please?" He asked, briefly looking at her through the rearview mirror. She nodded sadly. "Okay, can you tell him that daddy said it's okay, and that he should trust me?" He was relieved when Yoongi stopped signing at him. 


Jisoo was also worried when they arrived back home. "Daddy, I thought we were going to the hospital?" She asked, sniffling. Jimin unbuckled her seatbelt and lifted her in his arms, carrying her inside. "We were, baby, but daddy realised that we don't need to." He sat her down on the sofa, and Yunsoo sat besides her and hugged her. -It will be okay- he signed, and Jisoo hugged him quickly. Jimin smiled slightly, and he jumped a little when Yoongi grabbed him and took him to the kitchen. -What's going on? Why are we home? I thought Jisoo was bleeding?- Jimin gulped, -it's okay. She's supposed to.- Yoongi looked at him skeptically. -She's...- He stopped for a moment; he hadn't even learnt the sign for period. Yoongi was looking at him expectantly and Jimin wanted to pull his hair out from frustration. -Just trust me. I'll explain later.- He needed to deal with Jisoo first. Yoongi frowned, but he nodded, following him out. 


-Go to your room- he told Yunsoo, and the boy frowned. -Why? I want to stay here.- Jimin sighed. -Come on, we'll do some more drawing- Yoongi butted in, and Jimin was so greatful. The older held out his hand and Yunsoo took it, hurrying away with his dad. When he heard the door close, Jimin's heart skipped a beat. Jisoo was looking up at him, worriedly, "daddy am I going to die?" He sat down next to her and hugged her tightly, "no, you're not going to die, baby. I'm sorry for worrying you so much, Jisoo." He paused for a moment, wondering what he could say to explain this. "Jisoo, have any of your friends had..... P-periods?" She glanced at him curiously and shook her head, "no, what's that?" Jimin ran his hand through his hair in frustration, he had no idea how to do this. 


"Jisoo, baby. Do you trust me? Do you trust daddy?" She nodded, and then frowned, "daddy my tummy hurts." "Oh, god, I know, baby. Listen, I want you to go to your room and lie down for a while, try and take a nap, can you do that?" "What about the blood?" She asked, and Jimin was honestly ing clueless. For starters he was a male, he'd never had a period. And secondly, he had no sisters so he had no experience of periods at all. And thirdly, he was gay, he didn't have a girlfriend or a wife to help him out here. He felt so isolated, and like he couldn't help his own daughter, it was a horrible feeling. "Baby, just lie down, okay. There's tissues there so you'll be fine. Jisoo, we're going to have a special talk later, and daddy will explain everything, but for now, I want you to take a nap. Can you send daddy and Yunsoo out, please?"


Before he could even think of explaining to Jisoo, he had to find out more about it for himself. And he had to explain to Yoongi what was happening, it must be so awful for him right now. -Please tell me what's going on- the older begged when he came out from her room, nearly a minute after Yunsoo came out. Jimin figured that he was just tucking her in. Jimin had distracted Yunsoo with a colouring book, and he took his husband to the kitchen to sign in private. 


He sat down across from Yoongi, leaning on the table while he thought of what he could say. -Jisoo is growing up- he explained, and he hoped that Yoongi would follow and understand what he was talking about. But Yoongi just scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. Jimin sighed, this was so hard. -She's not sick- he assured, but Yoongi frowned, -there's blood. Of course she is. Please call the doctor, she needs help.- -She doesn't. It's normal, it happens to every girl.- Surely he would understand what he meant now. The older stared at him in disbelief, -she's bleeding- he repeated. -Every girl bleeds- he explained, but he was feeling really frustrated. It was times like this that reminded him of the days when they had communication struggles, and he felt uncomfortable and upset. 


But Yoongi and his communication struggles weren't the main issue here. -Just give me more time, I'm struggling to find a way to explain this to you- he signed, and Yoongi understood then. He knew how annoyed Jimin got when they couldn't understand each other, and as nervous as he was for Jisoo, he trusted Jimin, so he forced himself to be patient. He didn't want to argue. -Okay. I trust you. I love you- he signed, although if Jimin squinted enough, he could tell that his hands were shaking, he was afraid for Jisoo, and it hurt him, he wanted to assure him that it was okay. He had to deal with Jisoo first, though. She was a priority. He sighed loudly and pulled out his phone. 


"Hello? Jimin-hyung?" "Kookie, is your girlfriend with you right now?" Jimin cringed, he hated that he had to ask. There was a pause before the younger answered, his voice confused, "yes, she's here, why?" "Can I talk to her?" "Why? Jimin what's going on?" Jimin sighed. "Jisoo started having her period," he explained. "Aw, man. That . Why do you want my girlfriend?" "This is awkward, and I know, but I need to ask her about her periods, because I don't kn-" "What? Jimin that's gross! No! Ew!" "Jungkook, do it for Jisoo, please!" There was a pause. "Jungkook?" More silence. "Hello?" He pulled his phone away from his ear, and that little hung up on him. "That bastard," he muttered, dialing a different number.


"Hello?" "You have a sister, right?" This felt so wrong in so many ways. "Jimin? What do you want?" "Answer me!" "Yes, I do.... Why?" Hoseok sounded confused, but a little curious. "Oh, god, you're my only hope, please don't hang up on me, please, please, please." "Okay, you're scaring me now, Jimin." "What do you know about periods?" "W-w-w-what? Me? W-why? What? Jimin, what the ?" His voice cracked, and Jimin could hear Taehyung asking a dozen questions in the background. "Just answer me, please." "I.... I don't know much really.... I don't know anything. Why?" Jimin sighed, "God, this is so hard," he mumbled. "Jimin! Tell me!" "It's Jisoo. She got her first period and I don't know what to ing do and oh my god I'm panicking so badly, hyung, please help me." "I'm sorry, Jimin, I wish I could help, but I really don't know much."


Jimin paused before an idea shot through his head, ", please call her. Your sister, I mean. Please, hyung!" "Jimin, what the , I'm not asking my own sister about her ing periods!" "Hyung, I'm begging! Just ask her what the hell I'm supposed to do, what even happens, Jisoo was complaining of stomach pains earlier and I don't know if it's normal. , please." "So let me get this straight," Hoseok paused, "you want me to call my sister and ask her what the you're supposed to do when blood comes out your ing ? Jimin, I'd rather die not knowing what happens with my sisters , oh god this is gross!" Jimin cringed. "Please!" "I'm not doing it. It's gross." 


"Hyung, if you don't do it, I'll tell Taehyung that you spent your entire wage on a pair of ing shoes." It was childish of him to bribe him, but he really needed his help right now, and he knew that he didn't want Taehyung to find out. "Tell him, I don't care. It's better than having to talk to my own sister about s and blood." Jimin sighed, he needed to step this up a bit. "Fine. I'll swap with you whenever you want." There was a pause, "whenever? Like at any time?" "Yes, any time." "Even next Thursday?" He asked, and Jimin rolled his eyes. Next Thursday was his and Taehyung's anniversary, and he was working. He'd asked Jimin to swap with him, but Jimin already had plans with his family, so he said no. "Even next Thursday." He could always re-arrange. There was another pause, "I'll call you back." Jimin sighed in relief. 


He thought about everything while he waited. Jisoo was growing up, his tiny baby was growing up. He suddenly realised that it wasn't really fair for her to share a room with her brother, they both needed their privacy now that they were becoming more mature. He swallowed thickly; they obviously needed a bigger house. The thought terrified him, really. He'd lived here for nearly 15 years, and it would be so weird. But the twins' needs always came before his own. He also realised that it might be the best time to have 'the talk' with the twins. Such a talk was mentioned in all the parenting books, and he really dreaded the day that it came. But that day was here now, whether he was ready or not, and he had to be a responsible father to them. He sighed loudly. 


His heart raced when his phone rang again, and he snatched it so fast that Yoongi jumped a little in his seat. "Hello? Hyung? Did you do it?" "Okay, chill the out and listen to me. She said that stomach pains are normal, and she said to not buy tampons yet." Jimin furrowed his eyebrows, "then, what? I'm supposed to let her bleed in her ing knickers?" "No, no, Jimin, it's incredible! Listen, there's this thing called a pad, right?" Jimin had no idea what the a pad was, he'd only vaguely heard of tampons from high school, but what the was a pad? "Basically it's like this, thing, right. Oh how did she explain it? It's like a cotton sheet or something, and you buy them in packs, and they basically stick to the . It's great! Well, it's not great, but... Anyway she said buy the smaller ones. Also that she's too young for tampons, I'm not sure why. And she said to give her an ordinary painkiller for the pain." Jimin was so relieved, "thank you so much, hyung." "Wait I'm not done yet! She said that periods usually last a few days, sometimes a week, but if it's longer then she should see a doctor. Also she told me that girls who are on their periods are moody as ." Hoseok laughed. Jimin listened as he told him everything that his sister told him, and he was so thankful. 


Jimin still felt like he didn't know enough, like he wasn't prepared for the questions that Jisoo would throw at him, and he reached for his laptop quickly. -Sit next to me- he instructed, and Yoongi nodded, sitting besides him where he could see the screen. He typed in 'period' in the search bar and clicked on the first link. -Do you know what this is?- he asked Yoongi, and Yoongi spent time looking at the screen before shaking his head. Jimin frowned, and he didn't know what to do. -This is what's happening to Jisoo. It's completely normal, and there's no need to worry. She's not hurt or in any danger, this is something that happens to girls as they grow up.- Yoongi watched, his face soft while he took this information in. Jimin did a quick search to find the sign for period, and Yoongi saw the sign, and he was still confused, and Jimin realised that he probably didn't even know what a period was. He smiled softly and kissed his cheek, trying to assure him that Jisoo was absolutely okay, -a period is what girls get as they get older- he explained. 


They spent time reading articles, Jimin translating everything to Yoongi, occassionally googling a sign that he didn't know, and it was hard, it was awkward, and their faces were red. It was over an hour later when he felt confident enough to deal with Jisoo's period. -Can you wait here with the twins while I go to the store?- He asked, and Yoongi nodded. He checked on Jisoo before he left, making sure that she was okay, and the girl was sound asleep in her bed, her soft snores seeping through the blankets. Jimin smiled, closing her door quietly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Holy ," he muttered under his breath. He was at the supermarket, and spent 10 minutes trying to find the damn pads, too embarrassed to ask a worker for help. He'd even walked past them a few times before he finally read the label. And he was more than shocked to see the ing vast variety of these so-called pads. "Night-time" "extra-long" "extra-thick" "winged"? He shivered and chewed on his lip, trying to decide which one to get. He spotted a "Teen pads" in the corner and went with those. Surely they would be okay for her. He awkwardly looked around before grabbing it and putting it in his basket. He also ran around the store shoving some of her favourite foods in, pizza, chocolate, ice cream, more chocolate, cookies, just anything he saw that he knew Jisoo liked. He also bought Yunsoo some chocolate and Yoongi his favourite biscuits. Queueing up to pay was more than embarrassing. The cashier glanced at him while she scanned the pads, and Jimin blushed, "Uh, I have a daughter," he explained as he pulled his wallet out. 

 


He also visited the chemist on the way home, because he didn't know what sort of painkillers would be most appropriate for her age. He walked in cautiously, heading to the counter with his cheeks bright red. "Um, please can I have some advice, I need to know what painkillers to get for my daughter," he said quietly. A young woman smiled at him, "okay. How old is she?" "She's 11." "And what's wrong with her?" Jimin blushed even more, "P-period pains." He wanted the floor to swallow him up. The chemist giggled slightly, "I see. Is this her first one? There's no need to be embarrassed, it's okay," she assured. Jimin nodded. "Okay. Have you got some pads for her?" He nodded again. "Okay, that's fine. Your wife can help her put one on." Jimin looked up at her for the first time, still blushing, "um... It's just me and my husband," he explained. 


"Oh, I'm sorry." She paused for a moment before continuing, "do you know how to put a pad on? I think she could really benefit if someone showed her." "I... I don't have a clue, I'm sorry." She laughed, "don't worry. Wait here a second," she said, and she walked off. Jimin chewed on his lip while he waited for her return. He was horrified when she came back with some and a wrapped pad. "Don't worry, the underwear isn't used, it's just for display," she comforted, but it didn't really help matters. His face was burning as she opened the packet, "focus,

Please log in to read the full chapter