Coming Out

Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

  

 

Hahahaha how long has it been? Hi!!!!

My feelings for this fic died really but my fave butterfly readers kept asking abt this fic and I can't let my friends down. I love them. So I wrote this. ;u; this is dedicated to u, friends

My writing style changed a lot. I hope you don't mind ;u; I tried to keep it as similar as possible but it's hard :(

A reminder that requests are closed (I'm not sure if I can even complete all of them but I will try) and I'm also not active on Yoongii-trash anymore. Also a reminder that SILY isn't on here anymore!!! I am re-writing it, it's taking time because I just hate it but I'm trying my hardest ;n; new chapter for that will be up soon. (On AO3)

Most of my works are on AO3, including some more Deaf au's (not Butterfly/SILY related) and other works, check them out here  There's also another Deaf!Yoonmin with kids that I'm working on where they're both deaf, half of it is done already, it's on AO3 ^-^

Anyway if anyone actually reads this chapter, thank u, bless u, and I'm sorry for the extra long break

 

This is Yoongi coming out!!!!!!!!!

There is a small mention of Yoongi's childhood abuse but it's not detailed. For those who don't know/don't remember, Sungjae was referenced in Jisoo's pregnancy chapter where Jimin looked in old boxes and found something related to Sungjae. Hopefully this will give an explanation!!! 

PS: When Yoongi was 6 he didn't have any language because he wasn't taught any. There's a part where the language needs to be explained even though Yoongi doesn't know what's going on, it's in brackets so that the reader understands what's happening :)

PS again: although it's not really related, I included when Yoongi got taken from his home to go live with his grandmother. It's a part of Yoongi's story :)

It's split into some sections, so hopefully it's a bit clear. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

Yoongi was 6 when he first experienced love.

Sungjae.

Yoongi’s sunshine.

They met in kindergarten, the only time Yoongi had a break from the wrath of his father. Sungjae was desperate to befriend him, for reasons he couldn’t understand, and no matter how many times Yoongi ran away or hid in the corner, the boy wouldn’t give up.

Sungjae became his best friend. Became the only person Yoongi would allow to touch him. Became the person who taught him how to write his name, on the bedroom floor over and over and over again until Yoongi got it right. Became the person who taught him his first sign; -flower.-

Yoongi loved going to Sungjae’s house after school. It was worth a few extra smacks across the face, because being with Sungjae was the only time he felt happy. He liked playing with Yoongi’s toys and eating whatever food Sungjae’s parents brought him. He liked holding Sungjae’s hand and falling asleep together in a warm bed.

More than anything, Yoongi liked having baths with Sungjae. The nice warm feeling of soapy water on his skin, the way his friend gently washed the dirt off him. Yoongi felt relaxed and safe.

 

 

He’s having his hair washed when the bathroom door opens, and Yoongi tenses up, anxiety building up quickly at the sight of a tall man eyeing him. It’s Sungjae’s dad and Yoongi knows he has nothing to be scared of, because he’s a kind and gentle man, but the way his eyes travel over his bruised skin makes him feel uneasy.

The man begins waving his hands and Yoongi blinks because he doesn’t understand. Soapy hands leave his hair and Sungjae begins to do the same, and Yoongi does nothing but stare.

(((-Sungjae. What happened to him? Why does he have bruises all over him?-

-I don’t know. He always has bruises.-

-Is he being hurt at home?-

-I don’t know. I think so.-)))

Within 5 minutes Yoongi’s being pulled out the bath and all eyes are on him, including Sungjae’s mother. He’s terrified but he holding Sungjae’s hand and that makes everything okay. Holding Sungjae’s hand makes anything okay.

 

 

Two weeks later, he’s sat in his room when his door opens. He shrinks into himself, expecting the worst, used to the worst, but it doesn’t happen. Instead, he’s met with the kind and gentle eyes of a woman, someone he’s never seen before. She opens and talks but Yoongi can’t hear her, so he turns to look into the living room, watching as the man who beats him is handcuffed and taken away.

The woman besides him touches his arm and he flinches and curls into himself, hiding his face between his knees. He’s scared and he cries and shakes.

 

A few minutes pass and Yoongi can feel a familiar hand on his shoulder. He looks up and with blurry eyes he can see Sungjae smiling at him. The boy wipes his tears gently.

-Friendly- Sungjae signs, pointing to the woman still crouched besides him. Her hand is stretched out to him, like Sungjae’s does when he wants Yoongi to go somewhere with him.

Yoongi stares at her for a long time before taking her hand and following her. Sungjae follows behind them, and it calms Yoongi down so much. Theres a car outside his garden and he climbs in carefully, heart racing.

Sungjae doesn’t climb in besides him.

The boy outside the car begins to cry, and Yoongi wants to wipe his tears for him, like he always does for Yoongi. But the car starts moving and Yoongi panics and screams, thrashes and bangs on the window. He tantrums until there’s a sharp jab in his skin, and then he passes out.

 

 

He wakes up in Seoul, and he never sees Sungjae again.

Please log in to read the full chapter