Coming Home

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun's POV

Young is such a sweetheart. I was used to being alone, doing things alone and had no problems taking care of myself. With Young around, I felt like I was suddenly useless. I was already guilty that she had to stay here because of me. I didn't have to do anything. It was either Young or the nurses thats taking care of me. She might be a little clumsy at times but I'm very thankful and touched by her gestures.

"I'll peel an apple for you!" Young said as she sat beside me.

"I can eat it as it is." I said as I took it from her.

"Then I'll peel an orange for you!" Young said and picked up an orange. 

"Are you bored? You can go and walk or shop. You've been cooped up in here with me for two days already." I said.

"Are you chasing me away?" She pouted.

"Of course not. It's just that it seemed like you're just finding things to do." I replied.

"I'm supposed to take care of you! What if you're hungry?" She said.

"You saw the nurse giving me biscuits half an hour ago, Young." I looked at her.

"Oh." She gave me a silly smile.

"I'm okay. If you want to go out I won't stop you, really." I said.

"No no. I want to stay with you. I'm not bored." She said. I gave her a peck on the back of her palm. 

"Do you want to go out? I can push you around for some fresh air." Young asked.

"Let's stay here and watch a movie?" I suggested knowing she will continue to suggest random things to do if she's not doing anything.

"Okay! Let me set it up."She smiled and nodded. The both of us sat on the bed and watched an action movie.

After awhile, I felt a weight on my shoulder. Turned out that Young had fallen asleep, resting her head on my shoulder. I tried to minimise my movements so that I wouldn't wake her up. She hasn't been sleeping well these few days. She wakes up in the middle of the night, worried about me. I could feel her caressing my hair, poking my cheeks and touching my arm. At times I pretended to be asleep but sometimes her touch was rather ticklish and I can't help but smile.

Oh no. Of all times I needed to use the bathroom, I had to use it while she's resting on me. I tried to adjust her slightly so that I could get up without disturbing her sleep but no such luck. She was a light sleeper and she woke up.

"I need to pee." I told her when she gave me a confused look.

She then nodded and supported me to the bathroom.

When I was done, she helped me back to the bed. 

"Ahh!" Young yelled when I put too much weight on her and we ended falling on the bed, with me falling on top of her. I reacted fast enough to support my weight with my arm so that I would not be resting my entire weight on her.

"Are you okay?" Young asked worriedly. I shook my head, maintaining eye contact with her. 

"Wait a minute, you did that on purpose, didn't you?" She asked. I smiled, kissed her lips and then got up.

"Not getting up? Was that kiss not enough?" I when she didn't move from the bed. She covered her face and quickly rolled off my bed. How cute. I wonder why is she still shy.

 

 

After a few more days, I was finally discharged. Young's mom drove us home.

"Youngie, you help Daehyun." Young's mom said as she reached for our bags.

"It's fine, Auntie. I can manage." I insisted that I carried my own stuff. Young nodded as well. The both of us carried our bags and headed in.

"Welcome back. I've already tidied your room. If you need anything else just let me or Youngie know. You both can watch some tv or chill while I'll prepare dinner."

"Thank you Auntie." I bowed slightly, feeling like I troubled her too much. I really have to treat Young even better now.

"No worries! Treat this as your home from now on." Her mom smiled. How can anyone be this motherly?

"Yesss Home!!!" Young threw herself on the couch. I smiled at her silliness.

"Oh right! Let's go to your room and unpack." Young got up and pulled me towards my room.

"Oops. Sorry." She smiled sheepishly when she remembered I was still limping.

"I helped Mommy tidy up your room too. We got you a new mattress. It's more comfortable than the old one." Young said as she patted the bed.

"Wh-why are you looking at me like that?" Young stuttered.

"Thank you." I kissed her lips, startling her.

"Can I make a small request?" She asked hesitantly as she pulled me to sit on the bed. Even if she asked for the moon, I would find a way to give it to her.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Can you not go?" She asked.

"Don't leave. Just stay with us, really just regard this as your home." She added when I didn't say anything. I carressed her cheek and nodded.

"For real?! Yes! You promised!" It's for my own good but why does she act like its for her instead? How sweet can she get?

"I got you some new clothes too! If you want to get your clothes from Oppa's place I can go with you when you feel slightly better. If you don't like these I can get new ones with you too. " She excitedly opened the wardrobe and showed them to me.

"Oh we didn't change the table and the chair. If you want to get some new stuff, I can go shopping with you during the weekend." Young chattered as she moved about the room.

"Young, you're making me dizzy. The room is fine. I don't need anything else. Sit with me." I held out my hand and she gladly took it and sat beside me.

"I know it's a little difficult for you to move about, you can call me if you need help at night." She said. I gave her a kiss on her lips again to get her to stop talking.

"Shh.You're noisy. Relax. Don't have to worry about me." I traced her lips with my thumb. She pouted. Even though she talks a lot, I'm secretly happy and relieved because I know after that incident she had toned down and kept to herself. I like that she is slowly being herself again. I just don't want her to worry too much about me.

 

Eunyoung's POV

Dinner time was a little awkward when all of us gathered around the dining table. Daddy wasn't as hostile as I would expect. It was probably because Daddy found out about Daehyun's family background. Oppa on the other hand, acted like Daehyun wasn't even here. I guessed he needed some time to get used to Daehyun being around since he wasn't the friendliest towards him. Luckily, Mommy was trying her best to make Daehyun feel more at home.

After dinner, we all did our own things in our own rooms. I stayed in my room to prepare my stuff for work the next day. When I was done packing, I headed down to Daehyun's room. His door wasn't closed fully so I peeked a little and saw that he was attempting to apply medication on his back. 

"I'll help you." I said as I entered and took the cream from him, not giving him a chance to reject my help.

I sat behind him and tried to maintain calm as I dabbed the cotton bud on his cut. I knew he was hurt but I didn't expect him to have such a long and deep cut across his back. The nurses usually dressed his wounds when we were at the hospital.

"It must have been super painful..." I muttered, feeling guilty. I felt like I was partly responsible for his injuries. I kept forcing him to leave the gang. I didn't know leaving would meant that he would have to get beaten up...

"Don't worry. It's healing." Daehyun assured me.

"But there's going to be a scar once it heals..." I said.

"It will fade with time. Besides, I think the scar makes me look cooler." Daehyun turned and faced me.

 "I'm fine, you really don't have to worry about me." He cupped my cheek as he traced my lip with his thumb.

"You didn't eat much during dinner. Do you want anything?" I asked as I put the medication away.

"Why? Are you sure you're not the one that wants to eat?" Daehyun smiled cheekily.

"No no. I'm full." I said.

"I don't need anything too." Daehyun said.

"Young, I'm thinking of looking for a job tomorrow." He added.

"But you haven't fully recovered." I frowned.

"Job hunting takes time anyway." He said.

"Hmmm... Oh! How about you work at my Dad's restaurant? Maybe we can even work together!" I suddenly remembered I suggested this before.

"But will your Dad be alright with it?" He asked.

"Don't worry about that! I think he would prefer you working with us to being in a gang. Leave it to me, I'll talk to Daddy about it! I think the new outlet needs staff too." I said, getting ready to ask Daddy.

"Wait, it's late. You head to bed. I'll ask him tomorrow. It's more sincere if I ask him." Daehyun stopped me. 

"Okay but I will still go with you." I said. He nodded. 

"Alright! Goodnight!" I smiled as I turned off the lights and went back to sitting on the other side of his bed.

"What are you doing?" Daehyun asked.

"Accompanying you. What if you need to go to the toilet or you need water in the middle of the night? You used to accompany me too." I said.

"Young, go back to your room. I can't sleep if you're sitting here staring at me." Daehyun said.

"But-" My words got cut off. Didn't he sleep just fine when I was with him at the hospital? 

"I will call you if I need to go anywhere in the middle of the night alright? You're worrying too much. Go back and sleep in your room." Daehyun said. I didn't move.

"Do I have to carry you back?" Daehyun asked as he moved towards me.

"No no. Fine. I'll go back but you have to promise you'll call me if you need anything..." 

"I promise. Goodnight Young." Daehyun gave me a peck on my lips. I reluctantly headed out of his room. 

 

I woke up in shock after having a nightmare that Daehyun was lying unconscious in the hospital, with needles poking his arms. I got out of bed to check on Daehyun just to reassure myself. I carefully opened his door and thankfully, he was sound asleep. I silently walked towards him and sat down on the floor, by the bed just gazing at him. 

Thoughts flooded my mind. Why is his life so tough? Why did he have to go through so many obstacles? Why did he have to suffer so much physical and mental pain? He's not even a bad person. It's like his entire life has been torturing him and I couldn't even do much... 

"Young?" Daehyun asked sleepily. 

"Sorry did I wake you up?" I asked, kneeling so that I was closer to him. 

"Did you cry? Why are you here? Why are you on the floor? Why didn't you wake me up?" Daehyun questioned worriedly as he sat up and helped me up to the bed. I sniffled. 

"Nightmare again?" He asked. I said nothing but hugged him. 

"What's wrong?" He questioned in a gentle tone as he wrapped his arms around me, caressing my head. We wordlessly stayed like this for awhile. 

"Is everything alright?" Daehyun asked after I pulled away and composed myself. I nodded. 

"You sure? You know you can tell me anything right? " He probed further. I nodded again. 

"Don't worry, I'm okay. I just wanted a hug." I replied. Daehyun didn't seem to believe me but he stopped asking. 

"Where are we going?" I asked when he held my hand and lead me out. He was limping so I held onto him instead. 

"Your room." He said. 

"There's no need to. Your leg still hurts." I stopped him midway. I didn't want him to be climbing unnecessary stairs. 

"Do you want me to carry you up?" Daehyun asked. I shook my head and helped him up the stairs to my room.

"Sleep." He said as he covered the blanket over me as he sat beside me. I hugged his waist while he gently carassed my hair. It felt very soothing and comfortable. 

Wait, how did we end up in my room just like that? I was supposed to be watching him, not the other way round. Daehyun sure has his way. Tomorrow, I'll take care of you. 

 

Daehyun is finally back and things are returning to the way it was. Now that we're together again, I better not screw this up and have him leaving again... 

 

 

Haven't been updating for a year , Happy birthday Daehyun <3