Even

Will Our Love Change?

 

Daehyun POV

 

“Come on, get up.” Himchan hyung urged when I landed on the floor after he punched me in my gut. Isn’t this a friendly match? Why was he using so much strength?! I thought I had it in me. I mean, how hard could it be to learn how to punch and kick. Apparently, I was wrong.

 

“Hyung, I’m tired. Can we take a break?” I whined. I sometimes act like a child in front of hyung because I know he’s soft-hearted when it comes to me. Gosh, this sounded eww.

 

“No. Focus! Come on! Again!” Hyung pulled me up. Damn. I can’t take a break then.

 

“Who says I’m not focused?! I’m super focused!” I replied.

 

“Ya right, you were totally distracted for me to attack you at such a place where you could defend.” He said, taking a seat. I was sure I was focusing, am I not?



 

Days passed with us practising, hanging out, staying over at hyung’s place and me skipping school whenever I stayed over at his place. I didn’t want to trouble hyung too much so I would eventually return to that house.

 

It was one of the rare days that this house was quiet and uneventful so I left earlier, being on time for school. Time to catch some sleep. I know I may seem like a pig but actually, I can’t really sleep at night.

 

Not long after, my sleep got distrupted, AGAIN. DID I DO ANYTHING TO THIS GIRL?! WHY IS SHE ALWAYS INTERRUPTING MY SLEEP?!

 

“Can you shut it?” I scolded her, annoyed at her laughter. I get it, she’s a happy person, don’t need to rub it in my face.

 

“Sorry…” She apologized. Was she looking scared? Guilty?  Was I too harsh on her? Aish! None of my business. She only has herself to blame! Seeing that she was quiet, I went back to sleep.

 

When I woke up, It was already break time. True to her apology, I didn’t hear her anymore. I headed down to buy whatever food I could afford with today’s cash. As usual, there were annoying people following me around like flies. Knowing that these girls wouldn’t listen, I can’t be bothered with them.

 

I took my time munching my food before heading back to class. I was definitely in no rush to head back.

On the way back, I heard laughter and noise. I mean, it was noisier than usual along the corridors. I didn’t want to care but I saw a familiar back view. Why were people surrounding and pointing fingers at her?

 

I then realised she was getting teased and I overheard people laughing at her because she stained her skirt. Seriously? Because of that? How bloody immature. Couldn’t she stand for herself? Stupid girl. I walked away, not wanting to be involved the the commotion but somehow, I stopped my tracks. I didn’t know why. Aish this stupid girl.

 

“Take it.” I said as I threw my hoodie at her, landing on her head. Why was her reaction so slow? I left the scene before she could say anything.


 

Eunyoung’s POV

 

The next few days Daehyun didn’t cover that cut. Does he not have band aids or did he think it’s cool to have that cut there? Wait. Why am I even concerned about him? He’s right, I’m a busybody. But… Is it weird that I think that cut actually looks kinda hot on him? WHAT THE HELL EUNYOUNG!


 

Today was one of the days that Daehyun reached school earlier than me. When I entered class, he was already asleep. Why does he sleep so much? Why am I even taking note of his arrival timing?! I think I’m going crazy.

 

While waiting for time to pass, I was texting Oppa. I know it seems like he’s super annoying and we always bicker, but we love each other a lot. I think that’s just how we show our love. Oppa sent a funny text and I bursted out laughing.

 

“Can you shut it?!” I jumped in shock. Daehyun looked really pissed. I wasn’t even making that much of noise…

 

“Sorry…” I apologized. He didn’t need to yell right? Someone’s grumpy today, or rather, everyday. Psh.

 

I minded my own business and he minded his as the hours went by.

 

Then, the bell signalling that it was time for break rang and YES my favourite time of the day!

 

I met up with my good friend from another class and headed to eat.

 

Daehyun was sitting alone again, not that I keep track of it but the girls around his table was attracting my attention with all the noise coming from them. Now, that is called noise pollution, not my laughter. Hmmph!

 

My friend had to leave earlier because one of the teachers needed to talk to her so I was alone.

 

As I headed to class, I heard people around me laugh. Then I realised, they were all pointing fingers at me and I was the one they’re laughing at. I looked around in panic and eventually overheard why they were laughing at me and , I stained my skirt! The laughing did not stop and I was feeling so embarrassed! My mind went blank and I felt like crying. I know, a little weird for me to cry but still!

 

Out of nowhere, a hoodie covered my face like magic. I took it off my face and saw Daehyun frown at me and then walked away. He saved me... Only then I got back my senses and sprinted to class and take whatever I need and then headed to the restroom.

 

“Aish!!! So damn embarrassing!” I closed my eyes as I scolded myself after cleaning up. I tied the hoodie Daehyun gave or rather threw at me around my waist and headed back to class.

 

Even then, the murmurings did not stop. This is probably the most humiliating day of my life! Why me?!

 

I quickly got back to my seat trying my best to block those remarks. Daehyun and I had an awkward eye contact and I looked away almost immediately. I was so ashamed. I know it’s just the female body but why can’t these freaks be mature about it? Sigh…

 

As I was doing my work, I suddenly remembered that I didn’t thank him for his help. I would have probably cried if it wasn’t for Daehyun. To be honest, I was actually quite afraid to approach him. He always looked cranky to me. What if he scolds me again? But it’s only right if I thank him. Here goes nothing.

 

“Ijustwannasaythankyouforhelpingme.” I muttered really quickly, hoping he heard whatever I said.

 

“I don’t owe you anything. We're even now.” Was his reply. What?

 

“Huh? You didn’t owe me anything.” I said, not getting what he was saying. He ignored me. OH! Was he referring to the band aid?

 

“Oh.. Ha, it was nothing.” I said, waving that incident off. It was awkward when he didn’t reply back so I took it as my cue to stop talking to him when he eventually rested his head on the table. What was I thinking? He rarely talks to anyone, what makes me think that he would hold an actual conversation with me?

 

 

 

It's been days and I'm still spazzing over their latest songs. Don't think I'll stop anytime soon! 

Anyway, I know it's a little slow moving but I just wanna introduce the characters first. ^^