Tired

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

It's been days and even if Mommy sensed something was wrong, she didn't ask which I was thankful for. I wouldn't know what to say. Daehyun hasn't been home at all.

To be honest, I've tried texting him but ended deleting whatever I typed, attempted to call only to press the back arrow button, deleting the numbers on my screen. I didn't even know where to find him and if he even wanted to see me. He was probably still mad at me. 

I'm not even sure how I passed my time. I felt like a zombie. I shouldn't have done anything stupid or allowed my emotions to take control. I miss him...

As I was prepared to walk out of school today, I was once again surrounded with guys and I don't even know why it happened suddenly. It was like they know I had a fight with Daehyun. It's not even the first time. Yesterday, they came to me giving me stuff too. I didn't want to accept but Jaehyun said I should just keep them and not appear mean. I could throw them away later and I didn't want to hurt them. I ended up taking them but also told them they didn't need to do this. Besides, I didn't know how to appreciate the flowers because what do I do with so many of them and the colours weren't even my type. 

Then there were the presents. Some were really costly but they had no sentimental value to them. I wouldn't know what to do with them. 

After the guys left, I headed out and saw Daehyun. I called him sounding more excited than I expected and even walked as fast as I could without dropping anything. 

If only I knew what were his next words beforehand, I wouldn't have seen him today or been so excited. At least I could drag and avoid for one more day...

 

Daehyun's POV

It's been three days since the day we had that argument. We did not have any interaction at all. No calls, no texts and no meetups. I really don't think I did anything wrong. Why isn't Young talking to me? Is she still upset and angry with me? I sighed. 

"Go and find her then." Hyerin said which brought me back o earth. I wondered how she knew I was thinking of Young. Then again, it wasn't hard to guess.

"What if she doesn't want to see me at all?" I asked. Usually when we have any arguments, most of the time, if not every time, Young would be the one approaching me first. This just further tells me that she's very much likely still mad at me. 

"Then make decisions from there. Humour her or apologize and continue with life." She said. Easier said than done. 

"I did nothing wrong. You were hurt. She was the one being unreasonable." I replied. I was a little surprised that I don't feel as irritated at compared to a few days ago.

"Does it really matter who was wrong?" She asked. She's right. Perhaps it no longer mattered. I shook my head.

"So what are you waiting for? Go and look for her. Give her some flowers too. They'll work!" She encouraged me.

"Thanks! I owe you two now!" I smiled and left. 

I decided to meet her at school. Along the way, I stopped by a florist and Hyerin's words came into my mind. Maybe some times its good to have a female friend to help me figure out what Young is thinking. I went in and bought a stalk of pink rose. I hope she'll like it. 

I waited for her opposite her school. Almost half an hour later, I saw her coming out of the gate but it wasn't something I'd be happy to see. She came out with five guys, including that . One of them was even standing quite close to her, too close for comfort. I clenched my fist in anger and probably jealousy. They were all giving her flowers and gifts, except that . She was smiling and accepting them. I then looked at the guys around her and realised they were actually quite well off, they were dressed in branded goods and I hate to admit it but a few of them were actually pretty good looking. I looked at myself and realised how little I can give her. Are these signs telling me that we are not for each other? If not why am I witnessing it happen before my eyes? She obviously deserve someone better, someone who will fit her status. I'm just a nobody. Even their bouquets won my stalk hands down. I broke the rose stem and stuffed it into my pocket. Mine would look so pathetic beside the rest of the flowers.

The guys except that left after giving her stuff and got into their cars. One of them even had a chauffeur while I could only afford subway rides with her. 

"Daehyun!" She called me as she headed towards me, arms filled with gifts from other guys... I realised how much I actually missed her. Hyerin was right once again. It didn't matter who was wrong after all because... the only thing I see now is how much the both of us don't fit together. 

 I eyed the gifts in her arms. She wouldn't have space for mine anyway. She smiled sheepishly at me. 

"You came." She stated the obvious. I couldn't tell if she wanted me here or not. Maybe I was just trying to block my emotions.

"Yeah. We need to talk. Alone." I said as I glared at that stupid guy. 

"I'll just wait for you there." He pointed to a traffic light. Why does he have to wait for her? I wanted to kick him so badly but decided against it. I wouldn't want Young to run over towards him again. 

"So what do you want to talk about?" She asked me. I'm sorry Young... 

"Let's break up." I said without any hint of it being a joke. She stared at me as though processing my words. 

"Di-did I hear you correctly? Let's break up? Really? Why?" She asked, not believing me.

"I'm tired." I said lamely. 

"Tired of what? You  can't just expect me to be okay with that excuse!" She replied, sounding panicky.

"Tired of everything, tired of us." I responded coldly. I'm sorry...

"Is it because of me? You don't like me interferring with your life right? I'll ask less questions. Or you don't like me mixing with Jaehyun? I'll not talk to him. Or you're not happy with these gifts? Jaehyun asked me to just accept them to humour them. I can throw them away if you don't like it. Don't break up with me please." She spoke really quickly as she dropped the gifts and held my hand.

"It's not that. I'm just tired okay?" I don't want her to blame herself for this. There isn't a need to.

"Is there something about me that is bothering you? Tell me, I'll change. I'll do anything. I'll listen to you. Please Daehyun..." she ended up crying. Don't you dare go soft! It's for her future, something you can't give her.

"Enough Eunyoung. I said what I want to say. You said it before, unless I've said it, you would stick to me but I've said it already. Just let me go. Don't behave like this." I said firmly as I pried her hands off me which she ended up letting go of my hand. Be yourself. You don't need to do anything for me. I hope you won't say that to other guys because you really don't have to change for anyone. Don't put yourself down like that.

"I'll pack and leave your home as soon as possible." I said emotionlessly.

"You're moving out too? Where are you going to stay? Must you really do this to me? Don't go please. I promise I won't bug you ever again. You can do whatever you want. I'll talk to Daddy about the rules! Just don't go." She sounded broken as she wrapped her arms around my waist, giving me a tight hug as though preventing me from moving. You'll probably feel bad for a while but after all these pass, you'll be fine, Young.

"I'm sorry." I said and left, not bearing to face her with tears rolling down her face and I can't do anything about it, I can't even wipe them away.

I turned to a corner and looked back,  that guy was beside her. I could still hear her sobs. I didn't like it but there is nothing more I could do. It's for the best, I convinced myself. I just didn't know why it hurts so bad. It was supposed to be a temporary thing Daehyun, did you really think you can match up to her? It was a fragile relationship from the start. No point dragging it. The argument gave you the perfect opportunity. it up and move on. Take care Young. You are free to do whatever you want now. You won't need to suffer with me.

 

Oops. I'm a lil disappointed with the way this turned out and how short this chapter is but then again, Daehyun isn't one who talk much here. This is probably where it starts to get interesting. Or at least I hope it will be. Thank you to my frequent commenters and new subs and everyone who's been reading this!