Taking It Slow

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

 

Daehyun surprised me a lot today.

 

First, he agreed to go to the library with me, no questions asked. He just replied okay. Though I felt bad for having him to stay at such a boring place with me till so late. He didn’t have much things to do. He was just using the phone and dazing out I guess? As bored as he was, he didn’t rush me at all. He was even considerate, trying to give me as much space and peace for me to get things done. He even bought me a cup of tea. Is he trying to make me fall deeper for him? Because it’s working. Still, I don’t know why he doesn’t see himself as a good guy.

 

Second, he was actually doing ‘research’ on relationships, something I didn’t think he would do. I thought he would think that such things were too girly and lame for him but he did it. I don’t even think he should be the bad boy in school. HOW CAN A BAD BOY BE THIS CUTE?!

 

Third, WE FINALLY HAD SOME FORM OF SKINSHIP!  WE HELD HANDS! I sound like a ert but it was definitely a milestone! I could still remember the look on his face and how hurt I was when he kept his hands to himself like I was some form of plague. I know it’s nothing big but when his fingers laced through mine, I couldn’t believe that he, the ‘badass’, quiet Jung Daehyun would actually initiate it. Maybe I should more. Am I too bold? I was actually taken aback when his face was inches away from mine. I thought he was going to kiss me. My heart was beating so rapidly. I sound like a crazy fangirl. Control yourself you crazy girl! I’m not disappointed that we didn’t kiss or anything further than holding hands. It would be too fast.

 

After that, I was over the moon when he said he would walk me home. I really wanted him to walk me home the past few times and I know it’s not his obligation but I blame those dramas! Ever since that stupid incident, he didn’t walk me home and I soon forgot and didn’t expect him to do so but he did it. Seemed like those ‘research’ really helped him out.

 

“Do you want to erm maybe come in since you’re already here?” I asked hopefully when we reached my house.

 

“Some other time maybe. Get some rest. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Daehyun said as he squeezed my palm. Oh well, I was just trying my luck.

 

“Goodnight.” I smiled and he smiled and left.

 

“Daehyun!” I called after him. He turned and gave me a curious look.

 

“Thank you for today. Head home safe!” I said, feeling shy all of a sudden and then before he could reply, I already ran into my house.

 

How can someone make me feel this happy? I must have done something really good to have someone like him in my life. I might explode from all this happiness within me. Keeping these feelings in me without sharing with anyone felt a little uncomfortable but I wasn’t ready to tell my family.

 

Today felt amazing. Even though our relationship was moving rather slow, I realised that I actually didn’t mind. I guess I could probably enjoy the process and the little steps we make. It didn’t matter if people didn’t know or if it wasn’t broadcasted. A relationship is between us two so why bother about the outsiders? I’m just glad the both of us are not backing out of this.




 

A few more weeks passed and we were starting to get comfortable with each other. We hung out after school quite frequently when we both had nothing on. I could tell that the school knew something was going on between us but we didn’t comment much. It was whatever they wanted to believe.

 

“Ah hungry…” Daehyun groaned. Sometimes, I find him really cute when he behaves like a baby. He was also starting to talk more to me which I really like. I didn’t need to talk to myself anymore!

 

“I thought you ate the whole container of bibimbap my mom made?” I questioned as I held and swing his arm. I love how warm and big his palms are around mine. It made me feel safe being with him. It was like I’m being protected.

 

“Yeah but that was two hours before. Let’s go get something to eat.” He said. Wow… His appetite sure is huge.

 

“Let’s go to my dad’s place. He have some really good food!” I said as I pulled him towards the direction.

 

“Wait wait. How about we go to Himchan Hyung’s house? I’m sure he has food at home.” He suggested. I was confused but didn’t question.

 

“You always said you wanna meet hyung right? Hyung wanna meet you too. You both should meet each other today!” Daehyun said. Was there a tint of excitement in his tone?

 

“Really? He said that? Now you’re making me nervous. What does your hyung like? I should get something for him.” I replied, feeling excited too. It’s the first time Daehyun initiated meeting anyone of his close buddies.

 

“It’s fine, hyung wouldn’t mind you coming empty handed.” Daehyun brushed the whole incident off.

 

“I need to get something. It’s not nice.” I stopped him.

 

“Fine, how about something from the mart?” He suggested.

“Mart? Seriously?” I thought out loud.

 

“Yeah. Let’s just get some food. He’ll like that.” Daehyun said.

 

“He’ll like that? Or you’ll like it more? I feel like I’m buying them for you instead.” I wondered.

 

“What’s the difference? You’ll make the both of us happy.” Daehyun shrugged and played it cool.

 

“You’ll be happy?” I asked. I smiled slightly. Even though Daehyun talked more, he wasn’t one who shows his feelings a lot so I was really glad I could make him happy, even if it’s just food.

 

“Yeah why not?” He asked.

 

“Nothing. Let’s go then!” I said as I pulled him along with me again only to have him shake his head at my behaviour.

 

“Wait, don’t you need to inform him? Will he mind me just appearing like that? What if he was doing something important? You sure you don’t need to call him first to let him know I’m coming?” I asked anxiously.

 

“Relax, he’ll be fine with it.” He let out a chuckle. Fine...



 

“It’s so heavy.” I commented as we each carried half the shopping bags.

 

“I told you so. What you bought could last us for like three weeks or something! I told you not to buy so much!” Daehyun nagged. As naggy as he sounded, I was happy inside. Grocery shopping with Daehyun was really fun and it felt like we’re blissful. Eunyoung, stop going crazy again.

 

“It’s fine. It’ll show my sincerity right? And you’ll be happy too.” I said.

 

“Give them to me.” He held out his hands.

 

“It’s okay. It’s just a few bags, I can handle it!” I said. It wasn’t a big deal. Furthermore, I was already carrying the lighter ones.

 

“Your hands are not used to it.” He said. There were moments like this where he would make comments like this where I would get slightly upset. Why can’t he just treat me like a normal girl? Why does he have to see me as some rich spoilt girl? The atmosphere grew quiet suddenly.

 

“I mean you wanna hold hands right? No no, I want to hold hands.” He corrected himself and separated the bags and held my hand. I don’t even know how we did it. His thumb was rubbing  against the back of my palm in a soothing manner. I couldn’t even stay mad at him.

 

“You even have the keys to his place?” I asked, a little surprised.

 

“Yeah. We’re really close. Sometimes I stay over. Oh, seems like he’s not home. Sorry, it’s a little messy, he didn’t expect any guest.” He replied.

 

“It’s fine!” I said.

 

I followed him to the kitchen and placed those grocery bags down and headed back to the living room. His place has a warm, manly feel. It wasn’t big but it feels simple and cosy.

 

“Sit down, watch tv or something. I’ll just get you something to drink.” Daehyun said from the kitchen.

 

“Oh okay.” I replied but didn’t turn the tv on.

 

“Coke okay?” He asked as he placed the can on the table. I nodded. He then went back to the kitchen.

 

I looked around the living room. There was a small pile of clothes on the couch. The table was slightly messy but not a big deal after all, they were guys. I wasn’t really bothered.

 

“Why are you taking so long?” I asked.

 

“Cooking!” He shouted from the kitchen.

 

“Wow… You can cook?!” I asked as I headed to the kitchen.

 

“Yeah. I needed to survive.” He said as I watched what he was doing. Why did that sentence sound so off? Was there a hidden meaning behind those words? It sounded like he didn’t have a choice… How about his parents? Don’t they feed him?

 

He looked so serious when he cooks, so manly. I could get used to this image, coming home, seeing him cook, or maybe we both could cook together and I’ll probably end up messing up and Daehyun cleaning up my mess and then maybe even eat while relaxing on the couch or even candlelight dinner. Wait! What the hell am I daydreaming?

 

“Shoo. Go out. You’re distracting me.” He said.

 

“I’m not even doing anything.” I stuck my face in front of him just for the fun of it.

 

“Out.” He said as he pointed to the living room. I made a face and headed out.


 

I then switched on the tv and chill.

 

“Daehyun ah, you’re cook- who the hell are you?” I looked up and when the main door opened and a tall good looking guy appeared.

 

“H-Hello. I’m Daehyun’s erm.. friend, Eunyoung.” I stood up awkwardly. I did a small bow.

 

“OH! His girl. Sorry I wasn’t expecting a girl here. I’m Himchan, nice to meet you. Yah Jung Daehyun!” Himchan acknowledged me and then shouted for Daehyun as he headed towards the kitchen and I kind of followed him.

 

“Can’t you just inform me that you brought your girl here? Could’ve saved me the embarrassment.” He said as he poured himself a drink.

 

“Surprise!” Daehyun laughed. It was nice seeing them interact. Daehyun seemed at ease and really comfortable with him. I wish he would be this comfortable with me too.

 

“What are you cooking? You bought all these back? I don’t remember you being this generous.” Himchan said jokingly.

 

“Fried rice. I’ve cooked your share too. Eunyoung bought it as a welcoming gift.” Daehyun replied as he stirred the ingredients like a pro. I couldn’t even boil rice!

 

“Thank you Daehyun’s girl. Hey, your girl’s drooling.” Himchan said with a chuckle. I wasn’t literally drooling but I realised that I was staring at the both of them.

 

“I’ll er.. go out first…” I said a little shy and left the kitchen.

 

“She’s cute.” I heard Himchan say.

 

The both of them came out before I knew it and brought food to the dining table. I didn’t know what to do.

 

“I’ll get the drinks.” I said.

 

“It’s okay. You’re the guest.” Himchan said as he headed back to the kitchen to get the drinks.

 

“Sit down. This is nothing fancy but I hope you’ll like it.” Daehyun said as he dished out a portion for me. We waited for Himchan to sit too before starting our meal. I took a bite and I was pleasantly surprised. The fried rice was pretty decent. It actually tasted good and because it’s my first time trying his cooking, I must say I’m really impressed and touched.

 

“How is it?” Daehyun asked, looking slightly nervous.

 

“Nice!! I think it’s really yummy! I can’t even boil rice.” I admitted.

 

“Don’t worry, you won’t starve, Daehyun can cook for you.” Himchan said. Daehyun was looking slightly shy. Why is he so cute?

 

We chatted a little over the meal and the both of them told me some stuff about the both of their friendship. The whole atmosphere was really light hearted. It was nice hearing about Daehyun’s past with someone who I know means a lot to him.

 

“Wait, I just realised. You both call each other by names? How unromantic is that? Where is the Oppa or honey or dear and whatever cheesy names? Jung Daehyun how do you expect to get closer then?” Himchan said.

 

“Hyung! What has this got to do with anything?!” Daehyun asked like a child.

 

“The both of you are too formal! Cheesy names would help!” Himchan said. I wanted to hide.

 

“Oh while you’re at that, call me Oppa. You’re Daehyun’s girl, which means we should get closer.” HImchan said.

 

“Hyung! Young, ignore him.” Daehyun said.

 

“You ungrateful brat! Who took you in when you ran away-” Himchan nagged but his words got cut off.

 

“Okay! Young just call the both of us oppa okay? Hyung you happy?” Daehyun interrupted. Questions were filling my head again. Ran away? Why did Daehyun cut his words? Why did he agree to Himchan words so readily when he was whining about that earlier. He was definitely hiding things from me. Seeing them converse, I really felt like an outsider…

 

“Ran away? What happened?” I asked curiously.

 

“It’s nothing serious, don’t worry your mind about it.” Daehyun said as he ruffled my hair and shot Himchan a look. I sat there wondering how much of Daehyun did I not know or rather, how much of him do I actually know?







A slightly longer chapter since I didn't update for quite some time. Feeling really good and happy these days because of BAP's and Taemin's comeback!!