What Matters Most

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun's POV

“Great! Let’s go to your home and get your stuff.” She said as she started packing up. SAY WHAT?!

“No no no. You cannot go in there.” I said.

“Why not? Your parents are not home. I can help you with your packing!” She said.

“No. This is a real no. You cannot enter my home.” I said. She looked like a puppy who got punched.

“Please don’t be like that. You know very well why I can’t let you in.” I said as I held her hand.

“I know… I just want to see what your life is like. I just want to understand you.” She said.

“My life is like? It had been like hell.” I replied.

“I don’t mean it that way. I mean - nevermind. I don’t know how to explain.” She tried to comfort me, hoping I wasn’t offended. She was still having that sad puppy look on her face. Aish… I’m going to regret saying this. 

“How about this. I’ll check if my parents are not home. If they are not in, you can come in.” I said reluctantly but her face changed to a more satisfied looking one.

Wait, we were actually going to do it today? Oh well. I guess it’s a good thing that Young pushed me into doing it. I’ve been wanting to leave that hell hole. 

“Let’s go back to your home first and put our stuff down. That way, we won’t need to have extra load.” I said. She agreed and we left. So much for my surprise… It’s alright! More will definitely come!

As we got closer to my place, I was feeling more nervous. Anything could happen. Please have them away while we’re there.

“Wait here for me. I’ll see if my parents are home.” I told her as I brought her slightly further from my place. I don’t want to risk anything.

“Okay. I’ll listen to you but promise me, if your parents are home, can you come get me and we leave together? You don’t have to get your things today. I don’t want you to get hurt.” She said, sounding really worried. I can never get used to someone fussing over me. I nodded.

I went in and looked around the house, thankfully, they weren’t at home. I saw the place in a mess. Newspapers and clothes were thrown around, bottles of alcohol were lying on the table and floor. There was even glass shards on the floor. I carefully made my way around and tidied up a little. I don’t want Young to come into such a filthy place.

“You didn’t call me.” She said which gave me a shock. I thought my mother came back.

“You scared me. I was just tidying up. Sorry it’s so messy here.” I apologized as I held her hand and headed to my room.

Her expression changed when I brought her in. I felt like I was lower than dirt at that moment. She tried to hide her expression but I’ve already seen it.

“Why don’t you wait for me at the park? I don’t want you to see this anymore.” I replied as I pulled her out but she stopped me.

“I’m fine! Really. Let me help. Two pairs of hands are better than one.” She said as she opened her luggage. She suggested to bring her biggest luggage to store my stuff. I didn’t need such a big one.

She opened my wardrobe and took my clothes out. She was folding them neatly but we didn’t have time. I didn’t know what time they will be back. We had to work fast. 

“Just dump them in. I’ll look around and take my other stuff.” To be honest, there was nothing much to take, I didn’t own many things.

Just then, I heard sounds coming from outside. I heard key sounds and I knew someone was back home. I panicked. Lucky I heard it because Young and I weren’t really conversing.

“Daehyun, do you-” She said and I covered .

“Someone is back. I’m going out to check. You have to listen to me okay? Stay here. Don’t ever leave this room. No matter what you hear or what is going on outside, don’t leave my room okay? I cannot have whoever is outside to see you. Promise this please, it’s important.” I whispered quickly.

“But you-” She looked really worried and scared, an expression I wish I would never see on her face again.

“Nevermind about me. I’ll be fine. You need to promise me, Young.” I said hurriedly. She reluctantly promised me with a nod.

“Just stay here and keep quiet. I’ll come for you later.” I said as I headed out. Here goes nothing.

“Where the hell have you disappeared?! You really think this is your hotel?!” My mother spat as she pulled my hair. She wasn’t concerned about me. She only thinks about money.

“You dumb trash. Give me cash.” She demanded as she slammed me against my door, slamming my head as well.

“I don’t have cash!” I replied. I’m leaving, I don’t need to be nice anymore.

“You dare to raise your voice at me!?” She slapped me a few times. I tried to dodge. I must have let out a pained yell and pushed her away.

“Look at you, you think you are so strong now?! You will never win me.” She said as she reached out to my neck, choking me with both hands. I struggled but it was difficult. Why does she have this much strength even when she is reeked of alcohol? It was difficult but not impossible. I managed to escape from her. I was breathing heavily.

“You have gotten daring huh? Let’s see how daring you can get when I get the knife.” She threatened as she headed to the kitchen. I could hear my door knob turning. I quickly placed my hand on it, preventing her from opening the door. There was nowhere I could hide. I cannot hide in my room, my mother has the keys. I can’t escape or find anything to defend myself because then I will be leaving Young unprotected. I was at a dead end…

Young started knocking on the door. 

“Shhh! You promised! I’ll be fine.” I whispered loud enough for her to her from the other side while making sure my mother doesn’t hear me. It was words just to calm her down if it helps. I don’t even know if I will be fine in a few seconds time. 

“Wow, so nice of you to wait here for me.” She smirked as she came closer to me. Lucky she was a little tipsy and would never suspect that I have someone in my room.

“AHH!” I shouted as she slashed my left arm. I wasn’t mentally prepared for that. I can’t let her hurt me anymore. I managed to grab her hand which held the knife. It was like a battle of the stronger one. She had two able arms but I only had one and the other one was in pain. There’s only so long I can resist her attack… As long as I protect Young from her, nothing else matters. I'm sorry Young for having you witness my screwed up life.


Eunyoung’s POV

Everything happened so fast. From Mommy allowing Daehyun to stay with us, to us heading over his place and packing his stuff and now, to his mother coming home and doing the worst to him.

I was just behind the door. Why did Daehyun have to leave the room? My tears started flowing when I heard his pained cries and his mother’s words. How can his own mother say such stuff to her only son?! Don’t all mothers love their child?! How can she be so heartless? I had to cover my mouth to prevent any sound from coming out. This is the one time I really hate myself. Why did I insist on coming to his place? Why do I have to sit in here helplessly while Daehyun is just a door away taking all the pain? It’s all my fault. I wish the one outside was me instead but nothing I say would do anything now...

I could feel my heart drop when I heard the word ‘knife’. A KNIFE?! How is Daehyun gonna defend himself?

I needed to do something but what? He needed to take cover. I tried opening the door but I couldn’t turn the knob. I then knocked on the door softly.

“Shhh! You promised! I’ll be fine.” I heard. What fine?! He’s outside with a crazy woman with a knife and who knows what will happen?! Before I could do anything, I heard her voice. 

“AHH!” Daehyun yelled which gave me a shock and fresh tears were rolling down my face. I had to bite my fist to prevent me from shouting. What happened?! She must have hurt him. I want to help him but there must be a reason why he made me promise him. I don't want him to be in an even more dangerous position if I went out. I’m so sorry Daehyun. If we could turn back time, I would have never force you to anything. I’m so sorry...  

 

 

Are you guys gonna hate on Young? Oops~ 

I'm not sure why I'm not really satisfied with my recent updates :(