Charity Dinner

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

"Darling! Where did you put my blazer?"

"Mommy! Where are my socks? If not I will just wear the batman ones!"

"Mommy can you help me zip this?"

"Darling! It's the blue blazer! I can't find it! I thought I put it there!" 

We were all getting ready for the charity dinner later in the evening. It was quite a funny and chaotic sight. Mommy is like the superwoman in our family. She knows everything. With Mommy around, we do not need to be worry about anything. We could have asked one another for help but 'Mommy' always just comes out from our mouths in times of crisis.

Mommy settled the two big babies before helping me with my dress. I was adding some curls to my hair when Mommy came in.

"Are you sure you're wearing this? I thought you wanted to wear the pink one." Mommy asked as she took the curler from me and helped me with my hair instead. 

"Yeah, Jaehyun is wearing couple colours with me. He's not the type to wear pink." I told her. 

"Alright. I'll help you zip it up." Mommy said.

Just then, my phone rang.

"Jaehyun?" I answered.

"Hey, are you almost done? I'll pick you up at your place." He said.

"It's alright. I can go with my family and meet you there." I replied. He didn't need to travel extra when we could just meet there.

"But it's our first formal event together. I really want us to go together." He said. I looked at Mommy. She gave me a nod.

"Okay. I'm almost done! See you later!" I said and hung up after his reply. 

"So Jaehyun is coming over to fetch you? He's a gentleman. We'll wait for him to come before we leave." Mommy said. I smiled and nodded.

In less than half an hour, Jaehyun arrived, ringing the doorbell. I opened the door and got a pleasant surprise. He was waiting with a bouquet of flowers. It was the first time he formally met my family after we got together.

"Hi darling. You look hot!" He exclaimed as he held out the flowers for me.

"Thank you. Come on in." I was probably smiling shyly.

 "Hello Auntie, Uncle and oh, you must be Baekhyun. Hello." Jaehyun bowed and greeted Mommy and Daddy while he shook Oppa's hands.

"This is just a small gift. Thanks for inviting me along." He held out a bottle of red wine.

"You didn't have to get us anything but thank you." Mommy thanked him. 

"Oh it's all right. It's just a small matter." Jaehyun replied.

"Alright, let's make a move." Daddy said. 

"See you later!" I said as I headed to Jaehyun's car. 

 We had some small talk before reaching the hotel where the dinner was held.

 

 

Daehyun's POV

 The car ride was an awkward one. I don't even know why am I dragged to such events. Hyerin and her dad could protect themselves just fine without me. Such events are never meant for me. Boss is the leader of a gang after all. Why would he be seen at a charity event? Why did Hyerin suggested for me to attend as well? I'm confused but I could only attend it without kicking up a fuss.

When we reached the hotel, I was shocked that there were so many people. I didn't know it would be this classy. Luckily I borrowed Hyung's suit so I wouldn't embarrass myself. I I entered the hall with Hyerin by my side.

"Don't look so awkward and nervous! Take it as a day off or something." Hyerin said to me when she saw my rigid posture. I gave her an awkward smile. I must really look that nervous for her to point that out.

"I don't belong here. It's filled with rich people." I said as I looked around.

"Neither do I that's why I had to drag my partner with me if not I'll be bored to death with all these people being fake in front of each other. At least think about the food! We can just stuff ourselves with food. I heard they have really good desserts here." She whispered.

Boss went around socialising while the both of us just followed. Turns out, the organiser was his ex-classmate. I didn't think he would have business dealings that were legal. Rich peoples' lives may not be that fun after all. All these mingling is making me bored and hungry. 

"So I'm assuming this gentleman is your daughter's boyfriend?" The person in front of us asked. I didn't bother to listen to the conversation before so I didn't know who he is.

"He wish. He's just my subordinate, someone who is working with her." Boss replied. Whatever he says. I didn't want to interfere because it's just not my place. They continued with boring chats while I zoned out. My eyes were just scanning around when I spotted a familiar face, Young. She was with that jerk. Seeing them together made my blood boil but I was in no place to do anything. She wouldn't believe me either.

Young looked really pretty, especially so with her hair in curls but I don't think I can say the same about her dress. As much as I want to say she will look gorgeous in anything she puts on, It just didn't seem like something she would wear. Purple is not her colour. I guess her taste changed... I always thought she liked dresses that were a little fluffy, towards the sweet side because she always point them out when we watch movies together. This dress looks like it's vaccum tight and she seemed to be tugging the ends of her dress. Why wear something that you're not comfortable in Young?

"Is that your girlfriend?" Hyerin asked me. I snapped out of whatever I was thinking.

"I mean... you know." She tried to change her words.

"Yeah." Just then somehow, we made eye contact and Hyerin immediately removed her arm from mine. It's not like we were doing anything wrong. It was just a friendly hold but I guess Hyerin felt bad.

"It doesn't matter." I said as I have her hold on to me again. It was mean of me to use her like that but it was what I made myself to be.

 Boss went around greeting people and before I know it, he was approaching Young's dad. They know each other?! 

Her dad eyed me and at that very moment I wished I didn't have Hyerin beside me. I just wanted to disappear. He'll probably hate me even more now.

 "H-hello Uncle." I greeted him. He just nodded, acknowledging me. 

"Oh so you do know each other." Boss said. I nodded.

"Long time no see. I see you worked your way up." He said to Uncle. 

"Yeah. Excuse me, my family is waiting for me." Uncle said as he made a move.

"That's rude. We should catch up sometime." Boss said. 

"We have nothing to talk about." Uncle said and left. I bowed a little.

Did they have some sort of past together? The world sure is small. 

 

 We then settled down at our respective tables for dinner. Young and her family were seated a few tables diagonally away from me. We weren't very close to each other which made it easier for me to steal glances at her. Young didn't seem to be eating a lot which i found it weird because she loves to eat and the food they served tasted pretty decent. How often have I been looking at her to know this? She seemed like she was eating only because that guy was putting food into .

I wondered what would it be like if Young and I came together instead. I don't think we would come and even if we did, she'll probably do all sorts of funny things just to get me to come with her as I thought back how she persuaded me over for Christmas.

She'll probably sneak us out to somewhere quieter, just the two of us which her dad would come after me for. She'll be wearing a pink dress with sneakers on because she would want us to wear couple something and shoes would give her an excuse not to wear heels or maybe she would wear heels and then complain about how much her feet hurt. No, she'll more likely keep her pain to herself. I would about liking short girls so she wouldn't even have to think about wearing heels.

I can imagine her saying that she's bored and then coming up with little silly challenges to make the night more fun and secretly letting her win so she would not be pouty. I would all night and maybe team up with her brother. She will then complain to her parents. Nah, I wouldn't really dare to too much when her family is around. 

"You okay?" Hyerin 'woke' me up from my imagination. Wait, I did not just create impossible scenarios in my head! Why am I so weird?! 

 

 After eating, there was some sort of auction going on which didn't concern me. 

"I'll head to the washroom." I told Hyerin. She nodded.

 I went in and did my business and when I came out, Jerkhyun was washing his hands. Just my luck. I shouldn't do anything rash before he does the same trick again. Whatever he says, don't get fired up. Just ignore him. I kept repeating these words to myself.

"You've been looking at my girlfriend the whole night." He started the conversation which I had no intention of continuing it. I was preparing to leave but he pulled me back. 

"Don't touch me." I hissed.

"I'm right, aren't I? She's extremely hot and y today. I wouldn't blame you for looking at her like that. I don't get why she hides her body under unflattering clothes and I don't get why you would give up someone with that-" I punched him before he could finish what he wanted to say. THAT BASTARD! I couldn't control myself. No one talks about Young like that. No one. 

"I'll expose you." I said angrily. 

"You did that the other time remember? Or did you forget how much it must have hurt you for her to believe me instead of you?" He smirked. I punched his abdomen area. 

"You know, I don't understand. She has the money but why won't she fix her face?" He added. That's it. All I saw was red. I was flipping mad and I punched him like crazy. I thought I had my temper checked but when it comes to Young, I'm capable of doing anything. 

"Daehyun, stop please. I won't give her up no matter how you try to break us up. I love her." He said. Somehow his words didn't register in my head.

"What are you doing to him?! Stop!" I heard a familiar voice, Baekhyun. He pulled me away from that . I thought I would have killed him.

"What the hell! He is the one talking about your sister!" I was frustrated. 

"I just told him that Eunyoung is doing fine with me and told him to stay away from her in case she gets upset again. I'm sorry you couldn't take my words without staying calm." He said it as though he was having difficulty talking. 

"!" I cussed when Baekhyun landed a punch on my cheek. Again. It was then I know that I've lost again. He did the same thing twice and I wasn't cool enough to control myself from acting rashly. Of course Baekhyun would side him... I hate myself for not remaining calm. But he was talking dirty about Young. What was I supposed to do? What am I going to do now? 

 

YES BAP IS BACK AS SIX AGAIN! As expected, rocking their Rose Album! 

Did I expose Jaehyun's true colours too soon? Hahaha.

I enjoyed coming up with Daehyun's imagination with Eunyoung the most!