No Longer A Secret

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

When Daddy passed me the tickets and asked me to go with my friend, I gladly took it from him but only after questioning him. 

“Must there be a reason for Daddy to pamper my child?” Daddy asked me. I smiled and thanked him. I wonder what good I did. Oh well.

The date with Daehyun was one of my most memorable days. Even though the trip was for him to cheer up, I believe the both of us would feel like I was the more excited one. After this date, I further realised how sweet Daehyun is despite him warning me about how bad he was. He was the kind that actions speak louder than words. I felt his feelings for me even though he didn’t say anything. I hope I didn’t interpret his actions wrongly. It’ll be so embarrassing then.

His actions were actually bolder than I thought. He didn’t seem the kind to openly hold me apart from holding hands so when he did wrap his arm around me, I could feel my heart beating rapidly and all I could do was smile at him. There are times when I have the urge to hug him really tightly, like a bear hug but I didn’t want him to freak out so I usually just keep my hands to myself. Him taking the initiative really touched me.

Daehyun could actually read my feelings surprisingly well. It was kind of like he knew what I wanted. He was also rather easy-going as well. Even though we’ve been together for just a while, I feel like I’m really lucky.

Hanging out with Daehyun made me realise that I didn’t need big actions or expensive presents to make me feel happy. I always thought having a rich prince charming will make any girl happy but I couldn’t be more wrong. Don’t misunderstand, I’m not looking down on him. I just feel that happiness could come in any form. It’s truly the thought that counts. When he gave me that handphone charm, I was surprised I felt genuinely happy. When someone you like gives you something, even if it’s just a piece of candy, you would be appreciative of the gift and thought. It’s amazing how he can teach me these things.

Now, the most romantic part of the night, the forehead kiss. I wasn’t sure if it was the lack of affection from his parents or if he was just respecting me, he asked me for permission to kiss but I totally embarrassed myself by kissing him on his cheek! What was I thinking? What if I appear desperate to him? Aish! Then again, he really made me melt. I felt like I melted to a puddle of goo then. I always thought first kisses would be like those in the screens, like they were going to chew off each other’s lips but it was actually really sweet, romantic and innocent all at once. I was actually relieved it was dark because I could feel my whole body heating up when he pressed his lips against my forehead.

Daehyun went back after saying our goodnights and I entered my home too.

“Looks like someone is happy today. Did something good happen?” I entered and saw Mommy seated on the couch. This feels a little fishy, like she was expecting me.

“Really? Do I look that happy? Nothing happened.” I said as I tried to compose myself.

“Come here.” Mommy said as she patted the space beside her. 

“How was the amusement park? Did you have fun?” She asked.

“Yupp! We played and eat a lot! Daddy got us the express passes so we didn’t need to queue. We covered most of the rides!” I nodded and told her excitedly.

“Mmhmm. So who did you go with?” She asked.

“Dae- Just a friend!” I almost gave away! I wanted to say but I remembered Daehyun said to keep it low.

“Mmhmm. Let me guess, hoodie boy?” Mommy smiled mischievously.

“What? No… Are you making fun of me?” I whined a little.

“No? You sure you’re not lying?” She looked at me expectantly. I shook my head.

“So you were out with another guy who is not hoodie guy?” She asked.

“What? There’s no other guy!” I replied, feeling nervous.

“So there’s a guy huh? You can try to come up with more lies but it’s just gonna get even more suspicious.” Mommy said.

“I saw a guy outside just now.” Mommy whispered like it was a big secret.

“WHAT?! What did you see?! Oh no!!” I buried my face into my palms. 

“I saw him giving you something and I saw you looking really happy so I thought he was hoodie guy.” Great, save me from this embarrassment!!

“Did you see anything else?” I asked carefully.

“No, did you do something else?” She asked. I quickly shook my head.

“Why are you so nervous? I was your age once too.” Mommy chuckled.

“Wait, you don’t mind me seeing someone?” I asked. I was confused now.

“You seemed a lot happier recently. He must be a nice person. I’m sure you’ll know what you’re doing. If you think it’s the right choice, I’m fine as long as you’re happy.” Mommy said. Wow… 

“So… He’s the hoodie boy am I right?” She looked at me with sparkly eyes. Mommy seemed even more excited than I am. I nodded, not knowing what else to say.

“Okay, I shall stop interrogating you. Invite him over some time. I would love to see who can make my girl smile so often and eat all my food!” Mommy teased.

“You knew?!” I asked. I was in shock.

“I gave birth to you.” She flash a smile. Oh gosh.

“Okay……. Why didn’t you ask me then?” I asked.

“I believe you would tell me when the time comes.” She said.

“Then you did you ask me today?” I replied.

“Because I couldn’t wait?” Mommy replied. This mommy…

“Okay, I shouldn’t tease you anymore. Go and wash up.” Mommy said. 

“Can I ask you something?” I ask her.

“Mmhmm.” She nodded and prompted me to ask.

“How was it like when you and Daddy were dating?” I asked. The smile that appeared on Mommy’s face was something only Daddy had the power to make it shine that bright.

“It was everything all at once. Sometimes I feel so happy with him but there were times when I feel like he deserve so much better but all he did was assure me. Sure we get into arguments and stuff but which couple doesn’t? At the end of the day we realise that nothing else matters and we usually humour each other so that things wouldn’t stay ugly.” Mommy shared with me.

“Ohhh…” I replied and headed to bathe. I wish Daehyun and I could be as happy and blissful as them. Wait, what am I doing?! It’s way too early to have thoughts like these but a girl could dream right?

I’m not sure if I feel relieved that I didn’t need to hide from Mommy anymore or if I feel worried because Daehyun didn’t want me to say. Ahhh!!!

 

Daehyun’s POV

“Morning Daehyun!” Eunyoung greeted me when I entered class. What happened to Oppa? Is it me or she actually sounded nervous?

“Morning Young. “ I replied, trying to avoid facing her but no such luck. 

“What happened to your face?!” She looked at me with concern overflowing. Is this how it feels like to have someone caring and fussing over? It actually feels really nice to have someone who actually cared about my wellbeing. 

“It’s nothing. You know how boys are. We fight and make up. No, I mean Hyung and I were just exchanging some tips with each other. No big.” I just shrugged it off. The truth was that it wasn't that I was exchanging hits with Hyung. We were sparring with outsiders. But she didn't need to know. 

Are you sure? It's not your family right?” She looked at me, examining the bruise. I winced and frowned a little when she touched my bruise. 

“No no. Don't worry your mind about it.” Her face was so close to mine and I could see her lips just inches away from mine. I wonder how her soft lips will feel on mine. Wait! Stop whatever you're thinking Jung Daehyun! I sound like a ert. It's her fault right? She's the one who's getting so close to me. To make things less awkward, I patted her stray hairs down. If that was any use… She gave me a small smile, the kind that looked like she chose to believe my words but yet still unsure. 

Class was going on as usual, Eunyoung was focusing while I was just taking a nap. 

When I woke up for break, another guy, one of the rich kids in class was talking to Eunyoung. I didn't like that sight. He seemed too close to her which made me feel uncomfortable. I cleared my throat loud enough for them to hear. 

“Got to go.” I heard Eunyoung said hurriedly as she took her wallet and lunch box while I pretended to be busy looking out of the windows. 

She then came to me and gave me a small smile. I looked at her and wordlessly left the classroom with Eunyoung following behind. She eventually caught up with me. Why do I feel like I'm unhappy with her? 

“I brought kimbap today!” She told me while showing me her lunchbox. 

“What did he want from you?” I asked straight to the point. 

“He wanted to copy my work and even offered me money. Who does he think I am?! Lucky you saved me!” She ranted. Oh… So I had no reason to be unhappy with her. Calm down Daehyun. I lightly caressed her hair, it was like my form of apology or rather, to make me feel less guilty. 

During our meal, Eunyoung was quieter than usual. She kept peeking at me while eating. It seemed like she was also eating slower. 

“Is there something more?” I asked, feeling paranoid. She didn't reply. 

“Young?” I called for her attention. 

“Huh? Are you still hungry? Here. Take more. I'm quite full already. “ she said as she pushed her lunch box to me. Full? She barely eaten and she didn't even reply my question. 

“What's going on?” I asked as I clenched my fist under the table. 

“Huh? Nothing. Nothing’s going on.” She mumbled as she took a small bite of her kimbap. 

“Don't lie. Is there something more with that guy?” I asked. 

“What? Of course not. I rarely speak to him too.” She replied. 

“Then why are you so nervous?” I asked. I do not like this feeling at all. I'm not even sure what am I feeling now. 

“Erm. It's. It's just that… I have something to confess.” She said as she bit her lower lip. Why do I have a feeling I will not like where this is going? 

“Sorry… I didn't mean it but I got a little excited and…” She paused. 

“What? What happened?!” I asked feeling frustrated already. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. I had to wrap my other palm around my fist to prevent me from slamming the table.

“I told my mom about us. I mean she knew about us. I didn't mean to say it. She kinda saw us that day outside. I really didn't mean to tell her so soon. I know you wanted to lie low and all but… I assure you only my mom knows. She said she’ll not even tell my dad!  Are you mad? I’m sorry.” She speed talked as she looked down, avoiding my eyes. Oh. It’s just this. My both palms relaxed.

Wait, she was feeling jumpy and nervous all day just because of this? I felt bad. Was she that afraid of me? Was she so afraid I would be mad because of this? Why would I be? Even my Mother knows about it and I believe her knowing about it would be way scarier that Young’s Mom knowing. She was so nervous telling me about this when I didn't even tell her my Mother knew… And then all the while I thought she was hiding something else from me. I'm horrible. 

“Sorry…” She said again looking so guilty that I just want to grab her face and kiss her all over but of course I couldn't. 

“I'm not mad. It doesn't matter if we lied low or not.” Besides, she told her Mom, someone so close to her. Why was I so selfish?

“Are you really not mad?” She looked at me timidly. 

“Really. You're so silly.” I said as I brushed her cheek softly with the back of my index finger, though my finger barely touched her cheek. 

“Ahhh! I was so afraid you would not be happy about it! I couldn't sleep last night!” She said, sounding all relieved as she took a huge bite off the kimbap. She ended up choking. Why am I not surprised? I quickly gave her some drink to drink. 

“Why are you smiling at me like that?” She asked, teasing me. It was more of a guilty smile. 

“Sorry.” I muttered. She looked at me, clueless. I'm sorry Young for doubting you… 

 

Updated earlier than I intended to because your comments gave me huge motivation. I really appreciate hearing what my readers feel about my story! They really brighten up my day! Thank you! Hello to the new subs as well! ^^