Hiding

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

It was the start of the new year and I was not in the best of moods. Daehyun went from staying over my place every couple of days to totally disappearing, okay, maybe not totally but I didn’t see him ever since school started. I only received his texts on some evenings and then he would not text at all until some other evening. I’m getting worried. I don’t know what is going on but he keeps telling me not to worry. How can I not? Come to think of it, I’m such a lousy girlfriend. I don’t even know his stuff and he doesn’t tell me anything. What is it that it’s so secretive? I wished he kept me in his loop… I miss him...

I miss the times when he would randomly stay over for fun. He still slept in the guestroom but we had so much more time together and even then, I don’t know what is going on with his life… Sometimes when he gets chased out of my room because it was too late, we would text each other even though we were in the same house. It was kind of fun. My parents now know about Daehyun’s situation because he told me to tell them. I guess he didn’t want to hide facts from them too and telling them the truth would explain the frequent sleepovers.

I realised how clingy and how dependent I am on him. It was like all the fun and every other thing was out of my life. I’m pathetic. What is wrong with me?! I seldom have such thoughts. I can’t help it though. I hope Daehyun has a reason for his sudden disappearance. I hope it’s not because of me or worst, break up…

I even visited Himchan Oppa’s place but Daehyun didn’t appear. Even Oppa didn’t know where Daehyun went. He didn’t seem as worried as me though. Did this happen before? I don’t even know where else to look. Eunyoung, you’re a failure.

The entire family knew I wasn’t in high spirits and they tried cheering me up, even Oppa doesn’t tease me as much. I tried not to affect them because I don’t want them to have a negative impression on Daehyun but I didn’t think it was working. Daddy was not happy even though Mommy put in good words for Daehyun. How is Mommy able to do that when she only just met Daehyun?

I used to about me being his weak spot. I was wrong. He’s my weak spot instead…


Daehyun's POV

I wonder what is Young doing now. What would we be doing if we were spending time together, what would we be eating, what would- DAMN! A fist just landed on my bicep. 

"Focus." The guy, my new partner who I'm currently training with said to me. 

"Sorry. " I replied as I held my stance preparing to spar again. I can't help zoning out though. He patted my shoulder as a form of encouragement and started. 

Just a few more days to endure and I would officially be part of them. It wasn't really my choice to join them but they told me how I would be able to protect Young. They once threatened me that they couldn't vouch that nothing will happen to Young which made me mad but I didn't have a choice. They were a gang, I was just me. If I didn’t do as their wishes, they would probably not let me off. However, After spending almost two weeks with them, they were surprisingly alright to hang out with. They respected me and my decisions to the things I'm willing to do. Sounds a little too good to be true but till now, everything seems to be going along fine. They even apologised for the hostility when they had to threaten me in the past.

This gang seemed really private and tight. They kept our phones during our training and sometimes they kept it for days. I’m not sure why though. They would return our phones during dinner and then after all the chatting and what not, we had to hand over our phones to them till the next time.

I’m amazed that Young meant so much more to me than I expected. I guess when we are apart for a longer period of time, it was pretty obvious. I was getting punches because I was distracted thinking about her, probably the only reason I missed my hits and had gotten hit instead. When i got my phone, I was always excited to check my texts, whether Young contacted me which there was not once I didn’t receive her texts. It’s a warm feeling having something to look forward to. I had nothing to look forward to in the past. She texted me about her day and asked about mine. I didn’t go into the details but just assure her that I was doing fine. I didn’t reveal much. I didn’t want her to worry about me.

There was one day Hyung texted me about Young visiting him. He kept persuading me to keep her updated because she was worried but what could I say? I could only reassure her I’m okay. Hang on a little longer Eunyoung, I’ll meet you soon.

 

At last, my training was over. I had more free time and I want to see Young! I decided to give her a surprise.

I headed to her school and waited outside for her to come out. I was expecting her to be all down and moody and she would probably pounce on me once she sees me but I was only half right. My mood dropped when I saw her walking out with another guy, laughing  with each other, definitely not moody at all. It took me all of my willpower to not smash that guy’s face.

“Young.” I called her when she was heading towards my direction. I didn’t think she saw me but she heard me. She looked towards me and she broke into a huge smile when she saw me. 

“DAEHYUN!” She exclaimed as she ran towards me and gave me a really tight hug, the kind where it would stop your breathing if she hugged too long. I took a breath and was welcome with her scent. Oh, how much I miss her. 

“Who is he?” I asked, straight to the point as I eyed the guy from head to toe. 

“Oh right! I have not introduced the both of you yet! He’s my partner-” She said as I cut her words.

“What partner?!” I was boiling.

“I signed up for extra enrichment classes after school and we had some pair work.” She explained.

“You didn’t tell me that.” I said.

“It was just extra classes.” She shrugged. 

“This is Daehyun, my boyfriend!” She smiled as she introduced me. That’s more like it. I slung my arm across her shoulders and pulled her closer to me with a smug look. She rested her head against my chest. Take that partner!

“I’ll not disturb you then. See you tomorrow.” Her partner replied and left.

“Let’s go and eat.” I said as I led the way, still hugging her. It finally feels good having her near me.

“You know, I’m supposed to be mad at you.” She suddenly said as she removed my arm from her shoulders and frowned. What?!

“But when I saw you, I forgot and ran to hug you.” She slammed her face onto my chest and slowly wrapped her arms around my waist. Why is she so cute? I winced a little at the face slam but lucky she didn’t see that. My body was a little sore after the tough trainings.

“I thought you were giving me silent treatment. Why did you suddenly disappear? I thought you didn’t want to see me anymore. Your replies were so vague, I didn’t know what you want. Then you even stopped replying my messages. Was I that annoying?” Her voice was muffled because her face was still kind of buried.

“Sorry. It’s my fault. I’m here now.” I ruffled her hair. I was feeling guilty because I didn’t know she would blame herself.

“I can’t even stay mad at you…” She grumbled, face out of my chest, probably to breathe.

“No one asked you to stay mad at me. Come on. Let’s feed you.” I held her hand and we walked some more.

“You didn’t answer my questions.” She said while we were walking.

“What questions?” I asked. I didn’t want to voluntarily splurt stuff that would get me in trouble.

“Why didn’t you go to school for the past few weeks?” She asked.

“I don’t like school. I should have dropped out a long time ago.” I told her the truth.

“What?! You dropped out?!” She was shocked.

“Yeah but don’t worry your mind about it. I’m doing fine.” I patted her cheek. She said nothing, probably not knowing what to say.

“Did something happen at home?” She asked.

“Nothing happened. Just the usual.” I replied.

“I.. You know you can come to me if you need anything right?” She hesitated before saying.

“Yes babe. Let’s order.” I smiled. I’m so lucky to have her.

Young and I were talking and eating when a waiter approached us with drinks. Then suddenly, the entire jug spilled on me. Turns out that a kid was running and didn’t see where he was going and slammed onto the waiter. I was pissed but to my surprise, Young was even more pissed than I was. She was usually the cooler one.

“Are you alright?! THAT KID DIDN’T EVEN APOLOGIZE! What kind of upbringing is that?! Lucky it’s coke. What would happen if it’s like hot tea or something?!” She grumbled as she fussed over me, trying to dry my sleeves with the tissue provided. The waiter apologized but she totally ignored him. 

“What are you smiling at? The drink got spilled on you! I’m going to talk to the kid’s parent!” She frowned and then stood up. I pulled her back down and made her sit.

“What?” She asked. I grabbed her face between my palms and kissed her. She looked confused.

“It doesn’t matter. Like you said, it’s just coke and you're not hurt.” I replied. I didn't know I was capable of letting something like this go this easily. Must be her power.

“But-” She tried to explain.

“But I saw how much you fussed over me.” I gave her a grateful look. She playfully slapped my arm.

“Let’s just eat okay? Your favourites.” I said as I pulled up my long sleeves because the wetness of the sleeve was kind of annoying.

“What happened?!” She asked when she saw my arm. Oh . That was the reason I wore long sleeves today. There were faint bruises on my arm because of trainings. I don’t even know how I got them. . I forgot I was supposed to hide them from her.

“It’s nothing. I was clumsy.” I tried to convince her. She didn’t look convinced.

“Okay… I got into a fight BUT it wasn’t anything serious! We were just exchanging blows I promise! Like sharing session.” I told her half the truth. She was unusually quiet which kind of made me blurt out things.

“Why do you keep doing such things?” She asked, almost like a whisper.

“Why? You’re looking down on me?” I asked which I immediately regretted because I saw the look on her face. I didn't mean to. I was just feeling insecure at her sudden question.

“I never once looked down on you… I’m just- nevermind.” She closed her eyes and then looked at the bruises on my arm.

“Sorry. I said the wrong thing.” I laced my fingers with hers. She didn’t say anything. Great, I made her disappointed in me.

“I’ll go wash up.” I said. She tightened her grip on my palms as though asking me not to go.

“We’ll just get another shirt later but I get to choose the design.” She said.

“Whatever you say, babe.” I squeezed her palm. Thank you for staying by my side.

 

 

Sorry for MIA-ing for almost three weeks! I usually update on daehyun's birthday but i got a little lazy and wasn't really satisfied with this chapter hence the delay. Sorry if this is y, i hope the next one will be better!

 

Happy birthday daehyun!!

 

So i went for their concert the day before and I had so much fun! They gave their all on stage and everything was so hyped! Their lives are really good and their solo stages were WOW!!! I got to hi-5 them too (and wished dae happy birthday hahaha) they are all so good looking! Looking forward to them coming back again! Any babyz went for their concerts? :)