Date

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

 

I had nothing much to do today and I thought about spending time with Daehyun if he doesn’t has things to take care of too. I really hope we can go on a simple date today because it’s been some time since we last went on a date or even spend a day to chill but I probably shouldn’t request for an entire day. He might be busy.

 

I headed to his room and knocked before opening. He was still asleep. Sometimes, I’m secretly happy that I witness him sleeping because I know he used to have trouble sleeping. I hope he really sleeps till this time rather than him being still asleep because he slept really late. However, every time when he’s asleep, I always hesitate on whether to wake him up or have him sleep some more. Since today was going to be a chill day, I figured I could let him sleep in a little more.

 

I wandered around the room looking for things to keep me occupied but there was nothing much I could do. He didn’t really have much stuff on the table or lying around. What caught my attention was his hoodie, that famous hoodie. I took it and wore it. I looked at Daehyun, he was still fast asleep so I sat on his chair and started twirling around.

 

‘Crash!’ Oh . I was swinging till I hit the table only to realise I dropped his phone.

 

“Babe? What are you doing?” Daehyun asked, startling me a little.

 

“Oh nothing. I was just playing with your chair waiting for you to wake up.” I said as I quickly placed his phone back on the table.

 

“Were you going through my phone?” He asked with his morning voice. I panicked a little.

 

“No no, I accidentally dropped it. Sorry. Check if it’s still working.” I took the phone and passed it to him.

 

“Oh, don’t worry. It’s working fine. You’re so clumsy.” He said as he pulled me to sit on his bed and snuggled closer to me.

 

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

 

“Was wondering if you’re free today. Shall we go on a date? I have some food coupons!” I told him.

 

“Okay but let’s eat something nice for a change. We can use your coupons another time.” He said. Why not?

 

“Okay! I’ll go get ready!” I said as I left his room.

 

“Shall we both wear couple outfits?” I poked my head back into his room.

 

“It’s going to be so cheesy! How about we both wear denim instead? Will be cooler right?” He replied. He’s probably right.

 

“Okay!” I replied and headed to my room to prepare.

 

When I came down, Daehyun was already waiting for me in the living room.

 

“Did you wait long? You should have come to me when you were done so I can be quicker.” I replied. Even though we stay together now, I don’t enjoy having him to wait for me.

 

“Daehyun?” I called when he didn’t reply me. He was busy with his phone.

 

“Oh? You’re down, let’s go! I made reservations already.” He said as held his arm out and I gladly held onto his.

 

When we reached the Chinese restaurant, the waiter led us to a quieter spot. I like seeing Daehyun make decisions even if they were just what to eat and then get secretly happy when he orders food that I like.

 

“Are you very busy?” I asked when I realised he was on his phone most of the time.

 

“Not really. Why?” He asked.

 

“You’re always on your phone.” I said.

 

“Oh. Just letting my partner know I’m not able to be there today.” He replied. Oh.

 

“Eat some more.” He said as he put food on my plate.

 

After eating, we just strolled around the neighbourhood. It feels nice having a date after some time. Daehyun was behaving different today, a good kind of different and I’m not complaining. He would sneak more kisses on me even in public. He was being very nice in general and I felt really blissful and happy.

 

“I love you.” I said suddenly. He looked at me, smiled and gave me a small peck on the side of my head and then we continued to walk. I wasn’t expecting anything but why am I suddenly feeling a little disappointed?

 
 
 

Daehyun’s POV

 

‘Crash!’ I heard a sound and was startled awake. I then saw Young putting my phone back on the table. Great, she’s already awake. I didn’t mind her coming to my room and doing random stuff even if I was asleep.

 

Young then asked me out because she had some coupons. Why is she always faster than me? I had already planned to spend today with her knowing how much I’ve been neglecting her. I decided to bring her on a proper date and treat her nicely today and not too much.

 

I told my partner and friends that I wouldn’t be joining them today and the closer ones teased me.

 

As we spend time together, I recalled how much I just miss her company and I like this feeling of just the two of us.

 

However, while I was walking down the streets with her, I always have this feeling that guys would want her. I know I’m the lucky one but I can’t help with these unhealthy thoughts that she probably wouldn’t sacrifice as much as if she was with someone else. I always wonder if she would probably live a much better life dating someone who is of similar status as her.

 

“I love you.” She said suddenly while I was drown in my random thoughts. Thank you Young for assuring me again, I thought as I gave her a kiss.

 

We then headed to look for ice cream because she suddenly wanted some. She did the ordering and gotten her favourite flavours and giving me one cone because I was fine with any flavour. She ended eating mine as well. This girl. I wanted to put some ice cream on her nose but decided not to. I wasn’t going to today anyway. Just today.

 
 
 
 

Eunyoung’s POV

 

A few days later as I was walking out of the school gate, I heard someone running towards me. I looked behind and realised Jaehyun was the one chasing after me.

 

“Thankfully you stopped! I wanted to tell you something.” He said.

 

“What is it?” I asked wondering what was so important that he had to run after me to tell me.

 

“I think I saw Daehyun with a girl yesterday.” He said.

 

“Why would you see Daehyun with a girl? You probably saw him with me.” I said as I resumed walking.

 

“I would have said hi if it was you. I saw him eating with another girl.” He added more details as he walked beside me.

 

“She’s probably just a friend.” I said. Daehyun won’t do anything to upset me right?

 

“But they were behaving quite closely. I saw him and the girl holding hands.” He said. I looked at him with an unamused look.

 

“Really! I don’t have any reason to make up such lies to you!” He said. True…

 

“I’m sure it’s nothing.” I replied.

 

“Wow, I don’t think I can be this calm if I found out something like this if I’m in your shoes.” He said. I’m not calm at all. But I should believe him right? Daehyun is not that kind of person.

 

“Eunyoung, I hate to break it to you but I think that is Daehyun…” He pointed across the street and unfortunately, I really see him with a girl, holding hands and running together… Why did you have to break my trust?

 

I didn't realise it was this short. :( Side note, I am in love with Skydive everything!!