Don’t Want To See You

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun’s POV

’I love you.’ Really Daehyun? Are you dumb or stupid? Why did you choose to confess then? Young didn’t even give me a chance to explain myself. How could I blame her? I didn’t do enough to prove to her anything. Of course she couldn’t believe my words. Who would? Even if  I was in her shoes, I wouldn’t believe it as well. The one who wanted to break up was me, the one confessing was also me. Why didn’t I think this through first before making any move? Why did it just come out from my mouth? 

Since I’ve already said it, there’s no turning back. I got to man up and not have history repeat itself again. I have to get her back. I miss her... I know I was stupid and dumb for leaving her. I have to show her I mean it this time. She always believed in actions over words. I need to stop being a coward. Young, wait for me.

The next few days were exhausting. I had to train up if I want to protect Young. I need to be stronger. I want her to be safe. I want to be the one saving her if she is ever in danger. I was pretty rash then. Everything happened because I wasn’t prepared. I trained twice as hard as before and when I reached home, I was usually too drained to do anything else other than sleep.

 

"Daehyun, let's go for a drink. My treat." Hyerin suggested. I knew she was in a good mood and I didn't want to dampen her spirits so I agreed.

We headed to the bar we used to go. 

"Daehyun! I'm so happy today! My father finally gave me more important things to do. I wasn't just in charge of a handful of people. I have at least 20 people under me now!" She said as she made a toast with me.

"Congrats." I said as I drank with her. I was happy for her.

The gang had some rearrangement of positions. Hyerin was promoted and now has a bigger role in the gang. She's the boss's only child after all. Sooner or later, she would be the biggest. Boss have been keeping an eye on her, probably testing her abilities. I wasn't too bad as well. My rank increased too and I now have about five people under me. Not a lot but at least it's something right?

"I know you helped me a lot so I would not forget your share too." she said. I just nodded with a polite smile.  

"Drink more!" She pushed a mug towards me. I don't want to spoil the mood so we ended talking and drinking.  

"Ah. Now that you have underlings too, I'm not sure if we'll still go on assigments together. I'll find a way to have us still work together because we work well together. So we'll probably still see each other a lot!" She added. I like working with her as well. Even though she's the boss's daughter, she was really easy-going and reliable. She still took care of me, not leaving me to die or suffer too much. She's probably one of the best partners anyone could ask for and for that I'm really thankful that she isn't unreasonable. Come to think of it, she was also there to listen to my problems.

"Thank you for taking care of me." I said as we bottoms up. I came in unwillingly, not wanting Young to be hurt. I didn't expect things to turn out like this. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

"We're a team." She said as she drank even more.

We started talking about the past and the random assignments we handled. Hyerin seemed really happy and she was drinking a lot.

"I don't think you should drink so much." I said. She don't usually lose control of her senses.

"It's fine! A little alcohol won't kill." She said as she kept drinking. I could only keep a lookout on her.

We drank and talked and I was getting tired.

"Hyerin, how about I get you home?" I asked. I didn't want to drink anymore.

"Alright! We can drink some more at home!" She raised her voice and laughed. She was probably already drunk.

I settled the bill and helped her out of the bar. She drank so much that she couldn't even walk without me holding onto her. She was giggling and talking gibberish. I shook my head and sent her home. 

Hyung wasn't home when I got back. I was feeling a little lonely now. It must be the alcohol and I was in a good mood just now. Coming home to quietness probably made me feel this way so I decided to text Young. It's been awhile since I last chatted with her and then I got busier. 

'Hey. What are you doing?' I sent a message and waited for a reply. It was a little random but I genuinely wanted to start a conversation with her and know if everything was okay. There was no reply. Was she busy or asleep? Or she just didn't want to talk to me after that day? Is she mad? Aish. She really didnt reply...  I thought of sending a few more messages but if she wanted to reply, sending one was enough. If she didn't, sending one or ten messages wouldn't make a difference. I should probably clear things up. I don't want us to not be talking... 

 

It was Saturday, I headed over to her place in the evening. 

I called her. The line got through but she didn't answer my call.

'I'm outside. Can you open the door?' I sent her a text. I waited for 15 minutes but she still didn't open the door. Is she even home?

I decided to ring the door bell. 

"Hello Auntie. Is Young home?" I greeted her mom and asked when she opened the door.

"Oh Daehyun! Youngie is erm... not available at the moment. Do you want to go home first? I'll tell her you came by." Her mom looked back into her house and then replied. That was strange. 

"Is she home? It's alright. Can you let her know that I'll wait for her." I smiled politely. 

"She..." her mom said before I heard Young's voice.

"Tell him to go! I don't want to see him!" Young shouted from inside, loud enough for me to hear.

"Youngie, why don't you just have a talk with Daehyun?" Her mom replied Young.

"There's nothing to talk! I mean it! I don't want to see him! I'll skip dinner if he comes in!" She replied back. 

"Sorry. She's just a little moody. I'll talk to her. You might want to go back first. She can be quite stubborn." Auntie said. 

"Thank you Auntie. Sorry for troubling you. It's alright, I'll wait for her. I don't want her to skip dinner too." I said. She gave me an apologetic smile before heading in. 

I sat outside and waited. What did I do that made Young so angry that she would give up food if I entered? I tried to recall but I can't think of anything. Why would she go to this extent? She wouldn't be mad at me for no reason. Was she mad about that night? Was confessing that wrong for her to not want to see me?

 

Eunyoung's POV

After seeing Daehyun so close with that girlfriend of his, I know I had to back away. I had to distance myself from him. I was also mad that he could say the word 'love' so easily but yet still be so close to other girls. I read his texts but didn't want to reply them. I don't want to keep getting fooled... I should put an end to this.

'I'm outside. Can you open the door?' I saw his text. I did nothing but continued to watch tv. Maybe after a while he would leave.

I was wrong. The door bell rang after some time. 

"Youngie, go take a look at who's there." Mommy said from the kitchen.

"I don't want." I replied grumpily.

"Why? What's wrong with you?" Mommy asked as she headed out from the kitchen, making her way to the main door.

"It's probably Daehyun. I don't want to see him." I told her.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Nothing happened. I just don't want to see him." I muttered. Mommy shook her head and opened the door.

I heard their conversation. Why did Mommy say I'm not available at the moment? She should have just said I'm not home or something. Aish.

"There's nothing to talk! I mean it! I don't want to see him! I'll skip dinner if he comes in!" I added knowing Mommy would have no choice but to not let him in.

Mommy then closed the door after talking to him.

"Daehyun said he'll wait for you. Why are you doing this to him? Even if he really did something wrong, shouldn't you give him a chance to explain?" Mommy said.

"There's nothing to explain. If he wants to wait, let him wait then. I won't see him." I said as I headed back to my room. He wouldn't wait for long. He'll get hungry and leave later.

I wanted to distract myself from him so I decided to watch some drama.

'Can we talk please?' After about one episode, Daehyun texted again.

'I'll wait for you.' Came another text. I decided to just turn off my phone. I can't go soft. He'll give up sooner of later.

"Youngie come down for dinner!" Mommy shouted. I went down for dinner.

It's been about two hours. Has Daehyun left? Whatever, it's not my problem. I didn't ask him to do anything. 

"Don't you think you're being too harsh on him? He's still outside." Mommy asked. I didn't say anything.

"You won't even leave a stray dog outside for two hours." Mommy added.

"You asked him to go home. He didn't want to. It's not my problem. He can make his own decision." I said.

"Youngie..." Mommy shook her head. She was probably disappointed with me. But I had to do this.

"I'm done." I said after I finished my food. I excused myself and headed back to my room to continue the drama.

After another episode, I headed back down to grab a glass of water. I was curious if Daehyun was still outside so I stole a quick look through the peephole and was actually shocked that he was sitting outside... Sorry.

I went back to my room, my phone and sent him a text.

'Go home.' He didn't need to do this.

'I'll wait for you until you open the door.' He replied. I ignored his text again. I can't go soft!

I continued watching another two episodes before I was feeling sleepy. It's been about six hours. He probably left.

 

Daehyun's POV

I didn't know Young could be this determined. I underestimated her. Is she really not going to talk to me? My back hurts a little from sitting too long and I was getting hungry. Young, must you be this cruel? Is she going to leave me out here through the night? I don't think our feelings is a one-sided thing so why and how could she do this?

"Young! Oh. Sorry Auntie." I finally heard the door opened but it wasn't Young...

"I'm sorry Daehyun. I don't know what is up with that crazy girl to be doing this. You've waited really long. Maybe you should come back another time? When she's not in a bad mood?" Her mom said.

"It's alright Auntie. I don't want to lie to her. I'll wait for her." I said.

"She's probably fast asleep already. Hmmm. Why don't you come in and wait?" Her mom suggested. Her suggestion was really tempting but what about Young?

"It's fine. I don't want to trouble you." I said.

"You know what? Just come in. It's my house and Youngie has already eaten. She can't do anything even if I let you in. Come on in." She smiled. I thanked her and entered.

"You must be hungry right? I'll heat up some food for you." Her mom headed to the kitchen.

"Thank you Auntie." I feel so bad for imposing her. I was the one who wanted to wait for Young and now she got involved...

"No worries. I said before you could come for meals anytime. I'm sorry about Youngie's behaviour. I really didn't expect her to leave you outside for so long. Thank you Daehyun for being patient with her." Why is she so nice? 

"You can stay in the guestroom for the night. Good luck!" Her mom said and left me alone to finish up my food. When I was done, I decided to head to Young's room. Her room lights were off. I knocked on her door without saying anything, wanting to know if she was asleep.

"I'm gonna sleep." She said. She's awake. Here goes nothing. I opened her door.

"Young..." I muttered.

"Dae-Daehyun? Why are you here? Get out!" There was panic in her voice. I the lights and stared at her in shock. She... made the floor her bed?

"I said get out!" She raised her voice as she got up and tried to push me out of her door. I resisted and closed her door, not wanting to disturb her family.

"Young! Don't do this. What did I do?!" I asked her as I held her arms, trying to prevent her from pushing me.

"I don't want to talk about it! Get out! Go home! I don't want to see you!" She would have yelled if it wasn't so late into the night.