New Side

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

"Morning Mommy!" I greeted when I went downstairs.

"It's not morning anymore Youngie. Where are you going taking my food again?" Mommy asked. 

"Heading over to Jaehyun's! I think he will need some food!" I said as I packed them into a lunch box. 

"Oh right. He got beaten up quite badly. Pack more for him." Mommy said. She ended helping me to pack the food. 

"You're the best! Gotta go!" I gave her a hug and headed out. 

 

"Hi darling." Jaehyun smiled and gave me a peck on my lips after opening the door to his home. 

"Your face still looks a little swollen. Did you see the doctor? Do you have any medication to apply on the bruises?" I frowned as I looked at his face. 

"Yeah I visited the doc. I'm waiting for my girlfriend to apply it for me." He gave me a look. I rolled my eyes but laugh at his cheesiness. 

"I brought food from home. Let's eat first then I'll apply and massage your face to make them bruise more!" I laughed as I headed into the kitchen. 

"You wouldn't!" He said as he chased after me. 

"This feels nice. My girlfriend is preparing food for me." He said as he backhugged me while I was taking out food and placing them on plates.

"Mommy made them though. I'm just taking them out for you." I said.

"You need to learn from your mom then you can cook for me too! I would love to eat your food! I don't mind sacrificing my life to eat them." He said.

"Hey! What does that mean?! I admit I'm not the best cook in the world but you wouldn't die eating the food I cook!" I pouted. 

"Just teasing! Don't pout like that. You make me wanna kiss you looking so hot like that." He said as he spun me around and kissed me. 

"Stop distracting me! Go and sit. I'll be out soon." I said but he just continued to hug me while he waited for me to be done. 

 After we were done eating, Jaehyun suggested watching a movie and I was up for it. He went to choose a movie while I cleaned up the table and prepared some fruits as snacks. 

"Jaehyun?" I called once I was done.

"In here." He shouted and I followed his voice.

"We're not watching outside?" I asked as I headed to his room and saw that he was already on his bed, staring into space probably waiting for me to start the movie. I thought we were gonna be watching in his living room because the tv was larger.

"No. It's cosier here and I get to cuddle with you. Come on." He said as he patted the bed. Oh well. That works too.

"You're still texting Daehyun?" He asked suddenly. I looked at him, a little shocked he asked that.

"You went through my phone?" I frowned.

"I heard it ring so I took a look, afraid it was something important. You didn't answer me." He said.

"Daddy asked me to warn him about his boss. That's all." I wasn't even sure why I was explaining myself. Oh well, I didn't want any misunderstanding.

"I hope you will stop talking to him." He said seriously. 

"What? I can get jealous too, Darling. Besides, he's your past. I'm your present. Shouldn't you forget about the past and focus on your now?" He added. I didn't know what to say so I just nodded. He was right anyway.

"It's not like you didn't talk to him about it before. Not to be rude but if he doesn't care for himself, I don't think he needs you to in." He said. I felt like I was getting reprimanded.

"Okay." What else could I say?

"Aww stop pouting already." He pinched my cheek. I winced at the sudden contact.

"I'm not sure what kind of movie you wanna watch so I just picked a chick flick. You fine with that?" He asked, tone suddenly changing to as though the earlier conversation didn't happen.

"I'm fine with anything." I nodded.

"Oh then I should have chosen a rated one." He wriggled his eyebrows. I gave him a look. 

"Just kidding!" He laughed and then kissed my cheek. This guy. I was thankful that he tried lightening up the mood.

 We watched the movie while munching on the fruits. 

"Oh! Your face!" I exclaimed.

"What about my face?" He asked. 

"I was supposed to apply the medication for you. Where did you put it?" I asked. 

"On the table." He laughed and pointed to the table beside the tv rack. I went to get it and helped him to apply. 

"You're so cute you know?" He said as he looked into my eyes while I was applying. 

"What... I'm just putting medication on you." I said feeling shy.

"Yeah but we're in the middle of the movie and you just randomly remembered." He stated. I just smiled. I merely said whatever that came into my mind.

"You know, you're not only cute. You're really pretty and y too." He said as he grabbed my hand. I laughed it off. I guess I was blushing slightly because it wasn't common hearing such things from my boyfriend.

"Stop moving! I'm not done with your face!" I said, trying to avoid embarrassing myself. 

"No, I'm not done with yours." He said and before I knew it, he cupped my cheeks and started kissing me. I got a shock when he bit and on my lip. I didn't know how to react. I thought I liked skinship and didn't mind random skinship but this felt different, something I didn't feel before when I was with Daehyun. I shouldn't be comparing but...

Before I knew it, Jaehyun was above me, strong hands pushing my shoulders down. His lips trailed down my neck and I struggled to push him away.

"Jaehyun! Stop!! What are you doing?!" I managed to push him off.

"I uh-uh... sorry! I didn't mean it! I just uh... Sorry Darling! ! I crossed the line didn't I? Sorry! I just only meant to kiss you! I got carried away. I'm so sorry. I didn't know it would make you feel this uncomfortable. I  thought we had a moment." He said, looking remorseful. 

"It's alright. I never been in such a situation before. Don't think I'm comfortable with that... Sorry." I said as I stepped out. I cannot imagine what will happen if I didn't stop him. 

"Darling wait! Are you mad at me? I'm sorry I lost control! Really!" He came after me and grabbed my arm. I guess he was sincerely apologetic. He stopped when I asked him to and we never really talked about such stuff before. He wouldn't know my stand.

"Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Please forgive me... I cannot afford to lose you. It won't happen again I promise. Only after you're comfortable with it I mean." He pouted. 

"Alright. I forgive you." I ended up saying. 

"Good, thank you. Can we continue with our movie? I'll keep my hands to myself I swear." He said. I thought about it and eventally nodded. True to his words, he really kept his hands to himself and even apologize when his hand accidentally grazed my thigh. 

 

When the sky became dark, I told Jaehyun I needed to head home. 

"Are you not having dinner with me?" He asked, looking all sad. I know he wanted me to stay longer but I was feeling slightly tired.

"You're still hungry?" I asked. I felt we ate a lot today.

"Yeah... You're not?" He asked.

"Not really." I said.

"Aww eat with me? It's sad eating alone. We can head to somewhere on the way before your place then I'll drop you home after that." He suggested as he took his keys. I followed behind him since it was a win win situation anyway. He wouldn't have to eat dinner alone and I would have someone to drive me home! 

He was driving while I just looked outside. He would randomly plant kisses on the back of my palm when he was driving, usually when we had to stop at traffic lights. I'm fine with such skinship and didn't think much about it. I realised how alike the both of us were when it comes to skinship though he was usually the one showering me with more kisses. I guess he was probably appologizing for his earlier behaviour. 

"No way... Stop the car!" I shouted as I grabbed Jaehyun's arm. He jammed on the brakes.

"What? Why-" He got shocked at my sudden yelling.

"I see Daehyun. He's injured." I said as I unbuckled the car seatbelt. What are the odds of meeting him again?

"What are you doing?! He needs help!" I shouted angrily as Jaehyun just continued to drive.

"Why are you still helping him? He chose this path!" He argued as he drove on.

"I would still want to help even if he's not Daehyun. Stop the car now!" I shouted as I was panicking, eyes not leaving Daehyun. He was trying to run as fast as he could with a limp.

"DON'T YOU DARE SHOUT AT ME YOU UNDERSTAND?!" Jaehyun voice boomed in my ear as he stepped on the acceleration pedal. This time I sat frozen in my seat, not believing he would raise his voice at me like that.

"I-I didn't mean to. Sorry. Stop the car please! People are catching up to him." I pleaded. I didn't know why my heart hurt. It was probably because I didn't like him shouting at me like that.

"Promise me that you'll not see him again after this if I stop the car." He said. 

"I promise! Stop the car please!" I said, fearing the worst that could happen to Daehyun. I had to agree now, think later. It's not like I saw him on the streets on purpose. He finally jammed the brakes again.

"Can you make a U-turn please?" I tried to request nicely. He gave me a look but proceeded to make a U-turn so that it would be easier for Daehyun to get in because we were currently too far away from Daehyun.

"Thank you." I replied.

"Get on!" I shouted as I wind down the car window. Daehyun looked at me and then ignored me. What is wrong with him?!

"DAEHYUN QUICK!" I shouted again. Why is he so stubborn?! I got down the car and ran towards him.

"I don't need your help. Get lost." He said as he pushed me away.

"Shut up! Get in the car first!" I yelled and pulled him with me using whatever strength I had. I didn't need much though because he was getting weaker and handling a weak Daehyun was better than handling an uncoorporative one that was resisting my help. I helped him to the back seat of the car.

"Drive, quick!" I subconsciously held on to his bleeding arm, having my arms around him, trying to stop the blood from flowing. I didn't know what I was doing. My mind was in a mess. Jaehyun didn't move.

"Please start the car." I rephrased. He then finally started the car.

"Drop me off now. This is none of your business." Daehyun said, trying to sound fierce but it came out weak.

"No, keep driving. Stop at the pharmacy." I said.

 

 Daehyun's POV

I was running or rather, limping away after settling some scores but I got injured in the process. One of them slashed my arm. Dammit. 

All of a sudden, I heard a familiar voice, Young, shouting. Why is it that I always see her whenever I'm in my weakest state? Why? 

She came with good intentions but I roughly shoved her away. 

"Shut up! Get in the car first!" She yelled at me. Did she really think I would be afraid of her? She looks like a harmless baby tigeress. I ended allowing her to help me because I missed her. 

When we got on the car, she had her arms around me, preventing more blood from gushing out. Her scent calms me down somehow. I thought the old Young wouldn't come anywhere near my wounds but now she's even holding onto me. Is she not over me?

Why am I not surprised that she is still with that . I'm more shocked that he would actually listen to Young and stop for me. 

"I can do it on my own. Let go." I said after awhile. I saw that looking through the rear view mirror and he didn't like that Young was hugging me. I wouldn't have said anything just to spite him but I didn't want Young to suffer from my childish act. 

"Jaehyun, can you please get the necessary stuff needed for his cut?" She asked. Is she crazy?! 

"There's no way I'm leaving you with him alone in the car." He replied. 

"Alright. I'll go. But please don't start fighting." She sighed. Does she even know what to get? This girl. 

"I won't if he doesn't provoke me." I muttered as she left. 

"Don't think you can inflict harm on yourself huh? She won't believe your lies if you do that." I smirked. He can't put the blame on me and make me look like the bad person if I'm already in this state. 

"YOU! Watch what you say. You know you're not gonna be the one who gets hurt." He taunted me. What the hell! I clenched my fists, trying to control myself. He's implying that whatever I do, Young would be the one suffering. Why is this girl so silly? Why can't she see his evil intentions? Why won't she believe me? 

"I hope you won't appear in front of Eunyoung again. I am saying it as a threat if you can't read between the lines." He said. 

"Tell her I left. My girlfriend is waiting for me." I said, preparing to get out. I don't want to put Young in further danger... Hyerin and I arranged to meet around the corner if we got splitted up.

"You know, I tasted her today." He said it like it was a normal thing to do to a girl.

"You what?!" I charged forward and grabbed his shirt. 

"I had with her. Jealous? She told me I'm her first. Are you even a man? How can you not do anything to her? Either you have very good self control or you are not straight." He added. HOW?! 

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! SHE'S A GIRL! SHE'S NOT SOME KIND OF MEAT!" I lost control of my emotions and locked my arms around his neck, choking him from the back.

"You can't kick up a fuss if she enjoyed it." He shrugged. Bastard! Since my blood was already on him. I landed a few punches on his face before leaving.

 Why Young?

 

Eunyoung's POV

I ran in the pharmacy and started searching for what was needed to treat Daehyun's arm. My mind was in a panic state. What should I get?!

"Miss, you're bleeding! Do you need help?" The staff asked me. 

"No no. It's not me. My friend is injured. I don't know what to get." I said, on the verge of breaking down. 

"Don't panic Miss. Describe his situation to me. I'll grab the necessary equipment for you. Breathe and calm down." She tried calming me down. 

"He got at cut on his arm. It looked quite deep and there was a lot of blood. Do you have anything that can stop the blood and pain?" I asked.

"Give me a sec and I'll get the things you need." She told me and went off looking for whatever I needed. She then came back with a bucket full of things and described to me what to do. However, she said it would be better if he headed to the hospital instead. I nodded, paid and thanked her before running back to the car.

"Dae- where did he go?!" I asked Jaehyun.

"He said his girlfriend was waiting for him." Jaehyun replied.

"How can you let him go when he's not treated yet?!" I asked, feeling frustrated. What if he faints or something?!

"He has two legs. He can do whatever he wants. Let's go and eat." He said. I slumped down onto the passenger seat next to his. All the rushing and panicking were for nothing...

"Can you just get me home? I'm tired and I've got no appetite." I said. 

"Can't you even just accompany your boyfriend for dinner?! I did whatever you wanted and you can't even have a simple meal with me?!" He raised his voice at me. I got a little stunned because events like this happened before but he was usually nice about it or rather, he didn't talk to me in that sort of tone... but then again, he's right...

"Sorry... Let's go eat. What happened to you?" I asked when I caught sight of his blood stained top. 

"What do you think happened? I helped him and this is what I get." He said, annoyed. 

"Sorry..." i didn't know what else to say. It's my fault right? 

"Darling, you need to stay away from him. He is toxic. If you're going to keep seeing him, you're going to get hurt by his lifestyle sooner or later. I said already and I'll say it again, I cannot lose you. I don't mind if he hurts me, I'm more worried about your safety." He sighed as he cupped my cheek. 

Why can't I remember the fact that Daehyun was the one who have given up on our relationship? He didn't care about my feelings so why am I still wasting time on him when I should just treasure the one in front of me? 

 

 

How is everyone doing? Sorry I took so long to update this. Hence, I'm giving you guys a longer one!  I didn't have the feelz for writing lovey dovey stuff of Eunyoung and Jaehyun. The angst kept me going though because I'm looking forward to what you all think about this chapter. :)