Broken Rule

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun’s POV

Days passed by with me still hiding what I was doing from Young. Young actually seldom question me about what I was doing since I wasn’t in school anymore. So far things went pretty smoothly and I believe it will continue to be as long as no one touches her or she doesn’t ask too much which will eventually make me blurt out the truth.

Young was still in school, I decided to head to hyung’s house since It’s been a while since I last annoyed him. Lucky Hyung was home.

“Jung Daehyun! You finally decided to come? After living with your girlfriend you don’t need me anymore.” Hyung said. He was sounded bitter but I know or rather, hope that he was actually happy for me.

“I’ll always need you.” I replied cheesily with a wink and headed to search for snacks.

“Eww. When did you learn to talk and wink like that? Do you say and do such stuff to Young? And she can actually handle your puke-worthy stuff? I salute her.” Hyung asked, obviously disgusted in a joking way. It was fun.

“I’m seldom like that in front of her.” I replied as I munched on chips.

“Wait, seriously?! How is it you say such mushy to me and not to Young? Are you dating the correct person?” He asked.

“Why? Should I date you instead?” I teased and he rolled his eyes.  

I then actually thought about his question seriously. I was seldom mushy with Young. Even if I think of such stuff, I never really allow those words to leave my mouth. Why?

“What are you thinking about?” He asked, atmosphere suddenly became more serious.

“Your words…” I mumbled, still trying to figure out why.

“Wow, I didn’t know you took my words seriously to this extent. It was just a passing remark.” He replied.

“We’ve been together for more than half a year. Why am I not like how I am when I’m with you when I’m with her? Hyung, do you think it’s about trust? But I don’t think so, I trust her. I should be comfortable with her.” I wondered aloud.

“Are you not comfortable with her?” He asked.

“I think I am. But maybe I’m still quite reserved around her. She’s been nothing but nice and understanding towards me but why can’t I open up fully to her or get used to her being nice to me? Am I the problem?” I asked.

“Things like this might take time. You didn’t open up to me very quickly in the past. Stop thinking you’re the problem. You probably just need more time because you’ve been harmed before.” He said, patting my shoulder.

“Young is different. Right?” I asked, more like I was trying to convince myself Young IS different. I feel bad that after all that happened, I’m still unable to fully accept that there is someone like her in my life.

“You already know the answer. You just need to give yourself a chance, stop blocking people out thinking everyone is going to hurt you. I’m a lucky person but I didn’t even meet anyone like her in my life.” He replied. He’s right. I really am lucky to have her with me.

I chatted and just hang out with Hyung a little while more before I received a call about an urgent meeting.

“I hope you know what you’re doing. Be careful and stay safe.” Hyung said as I was about to leave.

“Yes wifey.” I replied teasingly.

“Yah! You better don’t call me that in front of Young!” Hyung threw a cushion at me and I laughed.


When I reached our gang’s hideout, there were a lot of them there already but thankfully, I wasn’t the last. Usually they would joke around or they were loud but this time, it was different. Something was not right and I could feel tension in the air. Even the boss was around. I saw my partner and headed towards him.

“What’s going on?” I whispered as I observed the situation. One of the members were kneeling down, pleading and mumbling something.

“Bad news. That fella got caught stealing our funds. Boss is really angry.” My partner told me.

“Seeing that you had your contributions, I’m giving you a choice. One, cough out the money or two, you exchange your hand for it.” My mouth widen in shock when I heard that. Even though the people are rather okay to hang out with, the boss meant business and doesn’t take from anyone.

“I’m sorry boss! I won’t do it again! Give me a chance!” He pleaded.

“I’ll be lenient. Feed his left hand to the fishes.” Boss said like he was talking about the weather.
“NO BOSS PLEASE!” the fella shouted which obviously had gone into deaf ears.

“Yes boss!” His right and left hand men proceeded with whatever they were tasked to do. It was gross and I looked away as he screamed.

“Bring him out.” The boss ordered and the both of them took him out.

“Let this be a warning to all of you. Nothing good comes out when you betray me. On the other hand, you’ll be rewarded when you get things done. Now, I will reassign your new partners.” The boss said and then left with his right hand man reading the names out.

“Daehyun! You’ll be with Miss.” He announced.

“Wow. You’re so lucky. What did you do to get paired with her?” My partner or rather, ex-partner asked.

“What do you mean? I didn’t do anything.” I asked.

“She’s the boss’s daughter! You’re really lucky. Many people want to get paired with her. Not to mention, she’s hot too. You hit jackpot!” He said. What?! Boss daughter?! I heard about her but I didn’t actually see her before. There were rumours about her being brutal. I hope they will just stay as rumours and I don’t get on her bad side… But why would people want to be someone brutal anyway?

“That’s all. Your new assignments will be given when we finalise them.” The right and left hand men instructed after assigning our new partners.

“Daehyun.” One of them approached me. I looked at them feeling worried. 

“Miss is expecting you.” He said. I looked over at her direction and realised she wasn’t even looking at me. Nonetheless, I followed them.

“Miss, Daehyun is here.” He said. . What do I call her? How do I greet her?

“Thank you. I’ll settle things here. You can go.” She said and they bowed at her before leaving.

“Miss-” She cut me off.

“Call me Hyerin.” She said.

“Miss Hyerin, is anything the matter?” I asked. Why am I afraid of a girl?!

“Just Hyerin will do. Are you afraid of me?” She chortled. Is she testing me? 

“Maybe just a little.” I told the truth. She would probably be able to see through liars anyway.

“Let’s go for a drink and get to know each other then. It’ll make things easier in future. ” She said. I didn’t want to offend her so I agreed.

We headed to a club where she was a VIP there. Everyone working there seemed to know her. We both headed to a room and drink and got to know each other a little better. Many things were just on the surface. It was too soon to be revealing too much about each other. However, having interacted with her just a little while. I don’t think she’s as scary as she was said to be. But it was just the first day. 

We played finger games and drank quite a lot of alcohol till the both of us were not really in the right state to head back home and still recalling whatever happened.

It’s surprising how much the both of us drank. I drank more because I don’t really like starting topics so I kept drinking which I kind of regret. I’m gonna suffer tomorrow...

“You’re drunk! Let me see you home.” Hyerin laughed. I believe she was drunk too.

“It’s okay. I can manage. See you.” I rejected as we both headed our separate ways.

I didn’t know how I got home but it didn’t matter as long as I’m back. I fumbled with my the keys and finally managed to enter. I must really miss Young a lot because there were three of her in front of me.


Eunyoung’s POV

It’s one in the morning, where is Daehyun?! His phone is engaged and he didn’t tell me anything. I don’t even know where to find him. I wished he told me something. I went to the living room to wait for him. I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep till he’s home.

After awhile, I heard noise outside. Daehyun? 

“Hi babe, I missed you! Give me a kiss!” He smiled as he stumbled towards me. I was relieved that he was safe yet angry at the same time. He went drinking?!  Why can’t he just tell me? Did he think I would forbid him to?

“You’re so cute!” He said as he managed to reach me without bumping against anything. 

“I- You know I’ve been trying to reach you?! Why didn’t you tell me you’ll be back late?! Don’t you remember what Daddy said?!” I was angry and worried and I didn’t want Daddy to kick him out when it's only been awhile. I even had to lie to Mommy.

“Chill babe. Give me a kiss!” He said as he puckered his lips. Under normal circumstances, I would have given him more kisses than he asked for but not now. How can he just ask me to chill?!

“Go kiss yourself!” I replied and headed back to my room. 

I laid in bed and covered myself with my blanket then closed my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aish!! That stupid Daehyun!

He probably can’t even walk up the stairs in that state.

If it’s not him I won’t even bother leaving my comfy bed! I'm still mad at him!

I went back down to the living room to see if he was okay but he was gone! I then heard a loud thud from upstairs and quickly ran up.

The bathroom door was open and…. He was on the floor. Why didn’t I see him just now?

“What are you doing on the floor?” I frowned as I helped him up which wasn’t as easy as I thought.

“You asked me to kiss myself… I fell for myself.” He gave me a silly smile and laughed at his pun. Let me guess, he kissed the mirror?! He’s so dumb when he’s in this state.

“Stupid Jung Daehyun.” I muttered under my breath as I helped him to his room. He rested his entire weight on me and kept smiling stupidly while he played with my facial features mumbling things I can't understand.

“Yah yah!!” I groaned when he body slammed me on his bed. Ouch.

“You’re heavy! Get off me!” I tried pushing him but DID HE JUST FELL ASLEEP ON TOP OF ME?!

With a lot of effort, I finally managed to push him away and got up. I’m never doing this again. He’s crazy when he’s drunk!

I left him be and headed back to my room and back to my cosy bed, covering my face with my blanket, preparing to sleep.

 


AISH!! He’s probably gonna feel ty when he wakes up tomorrow. 

I got out of bed again and wiped his face with a wet towel, hopefully it will be of some use. So much for being mad at him. I’ll make him suffer tomorrow!
 

 

Daehyun's hair colours changes faster than I update. T.T