Invitation

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

Finally after studying for the exams, I can finally take a good break! I spent my days with Daehyun whenever he was free. I feel like I’m sticking to him too much. I hope he doesn’t find me annoying or too sticky. I just want to spend time with him and I like being around him.

Recently, when we were together, I felt that Daehyun’s mind seem to be drifting off occasionally. Whenever I tried to ask him, he would ignore it, deny it or claimed that he’s fine. I feel like I shouldn’t be too nosy but I’m curious as to what is really bothering him. I didn’t dare to ask many times fearing that he would not like it or get mad. 

He still has his temper but I believe he’s trying very hard to control. There was once I got a bruise on my elbow because I was clumsy and he threw a fit thinking that someone pushed me. I had to coax him after that. It’s kinda cute how he can go from a furious bear to one who needs to be baby-ed. 

I secretly find him hot when he gets a little pissed or irritated. Just a little though. The kind that I could calm him down by smiling or food. Yes, food is the cure to his anger. It’s not my fault that I find him hot when he’s slightly ticked off. I can’t resist the temptation to . Of course, I know my limits.

Anyway, Christmas is coming! I really love Christmas partly because of the presents and food and also because my family would be celebrating it together and I will be showered with love!

“Youngie, invite hoodie boy over for Christmas.” Mommy said.

“Really? I can? I’m not sure if he will come though.” I asked. I was getting excited at the thought of having him over and finally meeting my parents. Even after things happened, Mommy still didn’t mind Daehyun. I knew Mommy will be understanding.

“Yeah why not? Unless he has plans. You better inform him earlier.” Mommy said. I smiled and gave her a sudden hug and then headed to my room to call him.

“Yeah babe?” He answered the phone. My heart fluttered.

“Oppaaa…” I called him.

“What do you want now?” He asked. I could imagine him rolling his eyes already but I know he was secretly happy whenever I call him that.

“What are you going to do on Christmas?” I asked.

“I don’t know. Why? You have plans? Go ahead and do whatever you need to. It doesn’t matter. We can eat any time.” He said. Did he really not care about Christmas?

“I have a family dinner.” I said.

“Okay, go ahead. I’ll find my own activity.” He replied. I wondered how he spends his past christmas. 

“I was wondering, no no, my mom asked me to invite you for dinner too! Do you want to come?” I asked.

“Are you sure it’s not you who suggested?” He asked me. 

“I really didn’t! Mommy suggested it. But I am on for it.” I answered.

“Young, you know I how I feel about family gatherings.” He replied seriously.

“Yeah. I know. I just thought I would try. It’s fine.” I said trying not to show my disappointment.

“Are you upset?” He asked. Yes.

“No… I’ll be fine.” I replied. I don’t want him to think I’m spoilt or not understanding.

“Really? But I didn’t say I wouldn’t go.” He said. Wait, what?

“Huh? Don’t make me happy for nothing. Are you coming over for Christmas?” I asked hopefully, silently hoping that he would be able to make it.

“It depends on your behaviour.” He said. What did that mean?!

“What did I do wrong again?” I asked. Am I not good enough? Did I unknowingly hurt him or something?

“You didn’t do anything wrong Young. I was just thinking, I’m hungry now. Will you cook for me?” He asked. 

“Like now, now? If you’re not bored of ramyeon and not afraid I might poison you.” I teased. 

“Yeah now, now. I’ll head over your place.” He said.

“Why can’t you cook them yourself? It’s just ramyeon.” I asked.

“You’re backing out already? I guess I have to change my mind…” He replied.

“No no! I’ll cook them for you.” I quickly replied. It wasn’t easy to get Daehyun to even consider. I’m not losing my chance!

“I’ll see you later.” He said and we then said our goodbyes before I rushed down to cook his ramyeon.

“What are you doing? You just ate.” Mommy asked as I entered the kitchen.

“Daehyun’s coming. He said he’s hungry so I’m gonna cook ramyeon for him.” I replied as I started washing the pots.

“He’s coming now?! Let me do it then.” Mommy offered.

“No no. It’s fine. I’ll meet him outside. This bowl of ramyeon is important to me!” I said.

“Okay, I don’t know why he has the power to make you cook for him when you don’t even cook for me. You love him more than me.” Mommy said.

“Mommy!!! Don’t tease me! You love to cook and your food is a thousand times better than mine!” I whined a little.

“Okay okay, just be careful with the fire. Don’t burn anything. Call me if you-” Mommy said and then got interrupted by Daddy.

“WHAT LOVE? WHO IS HE?!” Daddy’s voice boomed in the house.

“Youngie’s got a boyfriend~” Oppa shouted from the living room.

“A WHAT?! AND HOW AM I THE LAST TO KNOW? How old is he? Where is he from? Does he smoke? Drink? Take drugs?!” Daddy asked. Oops. I kinda knew that Daddy was going to react this way. Thanks Oppa and his big mouth. Not.

I filled Daddy with the details but leaving out about his parents because I wasn’t sure if I should say it. He doesn’t seem to trust Daehyun which made me kinda upset. 

“You can’t blame Daddy. You’re his little girl. And to be fair Darling, you need to see the boy first before you make judgement.” Mommy reasoned.

“Fine fine. Any funny business and I’ll chop him up.” Daddy grumbled. Sometimes he is just too protective but I understand too. He’s just worried about me.

“To think that you cooked for him and I don’t even get any.” Daddy added. Mommy laughed and headed out. No wonder they are married to each other. The things that they say are so similar.

“Fine fine. I’ll make extra.” I said.

“Nah it’s fine. I’m just teasing. Be careful with the fire. Don’t burn yourself or the house down. Call me or Mommy if you need help. No wait, just call Mommy.” Daddy reminded me as he messed my hair. Am I really still a baby to them? It’s just ramyeon but they are being overly worried. I can’t help but also feel that they care for me. I would have probably taken these sort of actions for granted if it was in the past.

“Pig! I want some too!” Oppa shouted from outside. 

“Don’t bully your sister.” Mommy said as she walked back in ready to cook for Oppa but I told her I would cook extra for him,

I was then left alone in the kitchen. I added some meat and egg but I accidentally dropped the egg shell into the pot as well. I must have been distracted by my thoughts.

I tried to remove the shell but then I, being the clumsy one, accidentally touched the pot. I yelled  as reflex and the entire family came running in. They must have jinxed me. Hmph!

“What happened?!” Daddy asked worriedly.

“Nothing serious. My finger accidentally touched the pot. It’s nothing.” I said.

“Are you okay? Come just let me take over.” Mommy said.

“No no. It’s fine, really. See? Nothing happened!” I said. Mommy didn’t look sure.

“Okay… But one more time and I’m taking over.” Mommy said. I nodded. I better be extra careful now.

When I was almost done, Daehyun called me. Just in time. 

“I’m going out! Please don’t peek okay? Daehyun doesn’t like it.” I told them as I went out with the container of ramyeon. I then heard Daddy rumbling about how everything is about Daehyun now.


Daehyun’s POV

I was happy when I saw Young’s name appearing on my screen. Hearing her voice was enough to turn my day around. , I’m becoming mushy. I was having a rather ty day at home. There were days where they wouldn’t bother me and just left me alone. Today was not the day. I just needed comfort from Young, she’ll be able to make me feel better or rather, seeing her would already make things better.

She talked about Christmas. What’s so good about Christmas? I could hear her excitement but to me, it was just another day. Christmas meant suffering to me because I would never forget that year when they locked me in my room and deprived me from food just because I stole a few dollars.

Hearing her so excited about Christmas got me tempted to experience it. Maybe it’s time to make Young happy. She has been wanting me to go to her house and even if I had lousy christmas ever since I could remember, I shouldn’t dampen someone’s Christmas especially if that someone is her. I decided to but I didn’t really expect her to really cook them for me. I would have still promised her. Maybe I didn’t sound like I was teasing. Oops.

“Daehyun!” She called as she ran towards me.

“Don’t run.” I said.

“I’m going to kiss you!” She said as she gave me a kiss on my cheek. 

“Here! For you!” She said as she handed me the container.

“Thank you. I was actually just teasing. You didn’t have to.” I said as I sat down. To be really honest. I wasn’t really hungry, I just wanted comfort food from Young. It doesn’t matter if it was just ramyeon or instant soup or if it wasn’t even fully cooked. I wanted to feel at home and only Young has can make me feel like this if that’s even right since we are seated along the road.

“I deserve an award for the best girlfriend huh?” She smiled and pointed to her cheek.

“What best girlfriend? I only have one. How can there be a best girlfriend when I have no other girlfriends to compare to?” I asked while eating. It tasted better this time!

“Meanie.”She sulked. 

“Would you rather I have more? Then I’ll be able to compare.” I added. Gosh, teasing her sure is fun when she get all sulky like a baby.

“Don’t you dare Jung Daehyun!” She squished my cheeks between her palms lightly. I shut my eyes for a split second flinched thinking I was gonna get slapped or something. Now when I know it's Young with me, I usually don't react like that but she sounded agitated I didn't think much before reacting like that. 

“I’M SORRY! I FORGOT! SORRY, SORRY!” She said as she removed her palms as quickly as she cupped my cheeks and then kept her hands to herself. Her fists were now clenched really tightly.

“Hey hey, it’s fine. I just got a little startled. I’m not mad.” I unclenched her fists and swung my arm around the back of her hips and pulled myself closer to her. Besides, I was the one that agitated her, I kinda deserved it.

“Sorry.” She mumbled.

“Enough with the sorrys.” I ruffled her hair and pushed her head to rest on my shoulder before giving her a kiss on her nose. She was hiding her smile.

“Young, I don’t mean to complain but there’s egg shells inside.” I said timidly because I she put in effort but here I am complaining.

“Oops. I accidentally dropped it inside. Don’t eat already.” She said wanting to take the container away from me.

“I’ll just just remove them! Don’t waste.” I said, preventing her from taking it away.

“What best girlfriend? I don’t even deserve it. I can’t even cook simple ramyeon properly, I even forgot something so important to you.” She muttered, looking down. I didn’t like how she was talking about herself like that. What happened to all the sweet things she used to say? Where did her boldness go? Did I rub my negativity onto her?! I don't even think I can find anyone better than her who is willing to be with me, not that it even crossed my mind. Does she even know how she treats me? 

“I don’t want to hear that from you. I said it’s fine.” I tilted her chin towards me and kissed her lips. If skinship will help, I am willing to try to be more generous with hugs and kisses. Afterall, she grew up with them right? I don’t want her to think that she’s lousy or anything just because I’m not into them. 

“I don’t need perfect meals. I just want to feel home once in awhile. I only get this sort of feeling with you. So don’t you ever dare say that again.” I revealed. She smiled a little. She does smiling better than all her other expressions. Being cheerful and happy suits her so much more. I know I seldom tell or show her how much she means to me but did I really make her feel like she wasn't a good girlfriend? This silly girl. 

“So you’ll come for Christmas?” She asked.

“Okay.” I replied as I continued eating.

“REALLY?! YOU WILL?!” She sat up and stuck her face close to mine, like an excited puppy.

“Yeah. But my condition still stands. It depends on your behaviour.” I said and took another bite.

“What behaviour?! I’m a good girl! I'm going to kiss you!” She whined a little and then spammed me with kisses. I'm assuming it's her form of bribing me. But I'm not her. Skinship doesn’t work on me as much as it will work on her. I think I have an idea on how to humour her in future, if I need to.

“No more saying rubbish.” I said. 

“Fine fine, whatever you say. YOU’RE COMING!! YAY!” She swing my arm crazily. I can’t put the food I took with the chopsticks into my mouth. This crazy girl. I should have agreed a long time ago if I knew it would light up her mood this brightly but I wasn’t prepared, not that I’m super prepared now but how long could I avoid it? 

“I need to warn you though. My brother is a little crazy and weird. Just don’t get scared.” She said.

“Really? Then I should reconsider.” I replied.

“WHAT?! NO! I DIDN’T SAY ANYTHING!” She shouted. I laughed.

“I’m already seeing your brother’s crazy sister. I think I’ll be able to handle it.” I said.

“Hey!” She frowned. Gosh I really like her.

 

 

After typing the entire chapter, I kinda feel how repetitive this chapter is and I'm not sure if I'm liking that but I've already typed it out so.... :( 

Also, for those who have read HEA? bonus chapters, I tried linking it to the christmas chapter but I had other ideas so I've decided to change the plot. I feel bad because everything was supposed to piece up together but apart from the characters' personality, I didn't really use what I wrote in the past. I just felt the need to inform you guys because this was supposed to be a continuation, fitting in the bonus chapters from HEA? ... It should probably be a stand alone story now... 

I'm thankful that you guys still had things to say for the previous chapter even though I felt that it wasn't really up to my liking. Anyway, I hope you will enjoy this chapter too!