Miss Popular

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

 

Ever since that talk, the both of us didn’t bring up that topic any longer. It was like nothing happened but in reality, there was this uncomfortable feeling within me. I’m worried about him.

 

Even though we are living in the same house, I feel like we are seeing lesser of each other. If only I could ask him what he’s up to without pissing him off.

 

I get reminded of that day whenever I see Daehyun but when I think about how easily he could put his life on the line, I just kept my mouth shut.

 

School was as usual. I always look forward to when I get to leave school so I could probably meet Daehyun if he didn’t need to get stuff done.

 

When classes ended, I texted Daehyun.

 

‘Sorry babe, I’ll be late. Go grab a bite first. I’ll meet you later.’ Came his reply. I wasn’t even surprised anymore. Oh well.

 

“Hey Eunyoung!” I heard someone call me while I was walking out of school. I turned and my classmate, Jaehyun called.

 

“Where are you heading? Looking for your boyfriend?” He asked but I could tell he was teasing me.

 

“I’m just going to eat. I’ll only be meeting him later.” I replied.

 

“Oh! I’m planning to get some food too. Let’s eat together, that is if you and your boyfriend wouldn’t mind.” He smiled.

 

“Yeah sure, why not. You can call him Daehyun you know? Not as if you don’t know him.” I laughed.

 

“Oh right, So what do you want to eat?” He asked.

 

“I’m not sure. Probably ramyeon and kimbap?” I suggested.

 

“Why don’t we eat barbeque instead? My treat!” He replied. Okay~ I thought he asked me what I wanted to eat?

 

“Oh no, I’m fine-”

 

“Great! Let’s go!” He cut me off. Ah but whatever, Barbeque is alright too. I can eat while I wait for Daehyun!

 

We headed to the barbeque restaurant and chat while we ate. Lucky the conversation was not only him talking about himself. We shared our own stories as well.

 

“Does Daehyun always makes you wait for him?” He asked when he saw me fiddling with my phone.

 

“Not really. Sometimes he has to wait for me to get ready too.” I replied as I put my phone down and continued eating.

 

“Oh. I wouldn’t let my girlfriend wait if it was me.” He said. I wasn’t sure if he was targeting Daehyun but I’m probably being sensitive.

 

“Oh I don’t mind waiting for him. It’s not like I’m out in the sun, I’m eating while waiting so its alright.” I replied.

 

“That’s nice of you.” He said. I didn’t know what else to say so I just smiled and ate.

 

“Daehyun?” He asked when he saw me typing on my phone again.

 

“Yup. He’s coming over now.” I replied, smiling to myself because I’ll be meeting him soon!

 

“Does he treat you well?” He asked. I gave him a puzzled look. Why did he ask something like that?

 

“I mean, he doesn’t really have a good reputation in school so I was just wondering. But judging from your looks, I’m sure he treats you well.” He replied his own question. Oh, right, his name in school...

 

“Oh yeah, he is actually really nice to me. Those things that you heard about in school were probably just rumours because I don’t think anyone has actually seen him do such stuff or whatever the rumours said he was doing because I’ve never witness him do any of those too.” I replied.

 

“Ah. That’s good to hear. Seems like he is quite a decent guy then.” He said. I nodded proudly, he’s way better than that.

 
 
 

Daehyun’s POV

 

I feel bad for making Young wait for me to settle my stuff outside. I’m really lucky that she’s understanding but I shouldn’t take it for granted. When I texted her, I was surprised that she gave me the location of a barbeque restaurant. Was she eating with her friends? I guess she’s really hungry then.

 

When I got there, I didn’t like what I saw. She was eating with a guy. He looked familiar but I can’t remember his name or rather, I didn’t bother remembering. Oh! No wonder he looked so familiar. He was the one who gave Young chocolates on her birthday. Why are they eating together and why he is putting food on her plate?!

 

“Babe. Sorry I’m late.” I gave her a kiss on her cheek and eyed that guy.

 

“It’s okay! You scared me, I thought who kissed me. Sit down and join us!” Young replied. Is she serious?

 

“I don’t feel like having barbeque. Can we go somewhere else?” I lied as I held her hand. Call me childish or whatever, I don’t want to sit with him.

 

“Oh. Okay. We’ll make a move first.” She said as she took out cash.

 

“It’s alright. I said it’s my treat!” That guy declined her cash. Why is he giving her a treat for no reason?

 

“It’s alright. I’ll pay for it.” I interrupted and placed cash on the table.

 

“But-” Young started but I didn’t allow her to continue.

 

“Let’s go. I’m hungry.” I said as I tugged her hand and took her bag.

 

“Okay! Bye Jaehyun.” She replied and left with me.

 

“Why don’t you want to eat barbeque food?” She asked. It wasn’t about the food.

 

“I want something soupy.” I lied again.

 

“Okay. I’ll buy you something soupy then since you paid for my lunch!” She smiled as she hugged my arm.

 

“You’re eating with me too.” I replied.

 

“What? I just ate! I’ll just get something to drink.” She said.

 

“Too bad. You’re eating with me. I asked you to grab a bite, not eat three days worth of food!” I said.

 

“I didn’t want to eat it at first. Jaehyun just suggested and he didn’t give me a chance to say no.” She explained.

 

“I’m not giving you a chance to say no to me too.” I stated. She made a face but said nothing more. We headed to another eatery and I ordered my food.

 

“What about you miss?” The waiter asked.

 

“Erm… I’ll get a…” I knew she was actually thinking what food to get that wasn’t too filling.

 

“Just get her a can of coke.” I said. The waiter nodded and left.

 

“I thought you wanted me to eat too?” She asked.

 

“I don’t want you to blame me if you get fat.” I replied. She pouted. Silly girl, I wouldn’t force her to eat if she doesn’t want to.

 

It wasn’t long till my food and her drink came and I started eating and we talked about our day. Then, she suddenly took my chopsticks from me and ate my noodles. I could only shake my head.

 

“I thought you didn’t want to eat?” I gave her a look.

 

“You tempted me. It tastes average. You made it looked so yummy.” She talked with full. I laughed. I fed her occasionally and she still ate even though it tasted average.

 

Sometimes, there would be comfortable silence between the both of us and I didn’t know why my mind drifted back to when I saw that jaehyun guy taking food for her. That person should be me. I don’t want anyone else to do that for her. I gazed at her, appreciating her for being with me.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” She asked as she cupped her cheeks probably because she was feeling shy.

 

“Nothing. Can you not eat with other guys alone in future?” I mumbled.

 

“That’s not nothing. Why? You jealous? There’s nothing on between the both of us. It’s just a friendly meal.” She said. I looked at her.

 

“But if that disturbs you then I won’t. I’m the perfect girlfriend right? Where to find such a girlfriend?” She smiled at me cheekily.

 

“Oh! Eunyoung Noona! It’s nice seeing you here!” A guy walked towards our table. What? Noona? Another guy?!

 

“Hello! Yeah. Came to eat with my boyfriend.” She smiled. Take that! She’s taken!

 

“Oh Hello! I’m Noona’s junior in the club. I’ll not disturb you then. See you in school!” He said. Young waved goodbye to him.

 

“Who’s that?” I frowned.

 

“Oh, he just transferred here and is my junior and you already know that.” She explained.

 

“Junior but noona? Do all your juniors call you noona?” I asked, trying not to sound like I was interrogating her.

 

“Yeah. Why?” She asked while she sipped her drink.

 

“Nothing, just asking.” I said. Why is she suddenly so popular with the guys?!

 

Young, I’ll try my best to spend more time with you. I hope you won't be too close to them...

 

Sorry for not updating in almost two months! I was pretty busy and couldn't find the drive to update. :( I hope to post more regularly! I'm not sure if this is considered a filler chapter but oh well. I hope you enjoyed reading it!

 

YESSSS BAP IS COMING BACK!! loving the teasers of the hyung line and im really looking forward to it!