DK/Seokmin: Reunited Again

Seventeen Oneshot Requests

20th November 2006

"Seokmin oppa, you can't go!" The you of the past clung to his shirt, trying not to wail. "I know, I don't want to go either. My mommy and daddy decided this.." He hugged you tightly, not wanting to let go. You sobbed into his embrace, "You were my bestest friend ever, I don't know what I'll do without you around, Seokmin!" Little Seokmin pulled out a bracelet from his pocket. "Mommy says that if I give this to you, you'll remember me forever." He smiled sadly, barely managing to put the bracelet around your wrist. It was too big for you, but it was from Seokmin.

Looking up at him, you threw your arms around him again, and the two of you cried together. "Promise me you'll come back again, okay?" You sobbed out, and Seokmin kissed your forehead. "I promise. And when I come back, we'll stay together forever."

"I won't leave you again."


15th November 2015

You stared out your classroom window, the teacher's words drifting in the background. Hanging on your pencil case was a small silver chain, the bracelet Seokmin gave you. Due to school rules, you couldn't wear it, so you hung it on your pencil case as a keychain. Tapping your pen on your notebook, you sighed softly. It was one of those days you randomly thought about Seokmin and his promise. You hadn't seen Seokmin for the past few years, and you had eventually lost contact.

The bell rung, signalling the end of class, and the start of the holidays. Slinging your bag over your shoulder, you walked out the classroom. When you reached the school gates, you saw your parents' car and headed towards it. Your parents needed to go overseas for their own business trips, so they were going to drop you off at your cousin's house. Opening the car door and sliding in, you set your bag down on the empty seat next to you.

"Hi mom, hi dad." You greeted them, and your father started the car engine. "Joshua's expecting you, so be on your best behaviour for them, okay?" You nodded, putting your headphones on. You just wanted to get some sleep, the drive was pretty long.

As the car slowed to a halt, you were shaken up. Rubbing your eyes, you took your pencil case out of your bag and put on the silver bracelet Seokmin had given you. You couldn't believe you almost forgot to wear it. Joshua had run down to help you with your bags, and you gave him a tight hug. "How's my favourite cousin doing?" He kissed your cheek, and you smacked him. "That's gross, Joshua!" He laughed, lifting your luggage. "Bye uncle, bye auntie!" You stood there and waved goodbye to your parents, and Joshua used his free hand to pull you in.

"Come on, I have to introduce you to my friends! I have a few of them staying over, but I thought it would be better not to mention it.. After all, you could've gotten stuck with our 'favourite' aunt." You cringed, thanking Joshua mentally. You could deal with a few boys.

"Guys, come here!" Joshua yelled, and four guys ran out to the living room. Four handsome guys, might I add. You tried not to let your jaw drop, and smiled as nicely as you could. "This is my cousin, I've told you guys she'll be coming to stay with me for a couple of weeks."

"So, this here is Jihoon." He pointed to a boy with pink hair and you waved to him. "Jeonghan." Joshua pointed to a very pretty boy, "Seungkwan." A boy with red curly hair came over and gave you a hug. "It's so nice to finally meet you! I thought you were Joshua's girlfriend with the way he was gushing about you earlier." You laughed, and patted his back. "We get that a lot."

"Ahem! So, finally, this is Seokmin." You blinked, staring at the said boy. "Like, Lee Seokmin?" The boy's eyes widened, and he nodded slowly. "Do you know him?" Joshua poked your shoulder, and you blushed. "Kinda, yeah." Moving your hand to rub the nape of your neck, this let Seokmin see the bracelet around your wrist. "Hey! That's my mom's!" He walked over, and grabbed your wrist. "This.. I gave it away so many years ago." He stared into your eyes, realisation hitting him. You threw your arms around him, unable to contain your happiness.

"Lee Seokmin!"

A while later, Joshua and his friends finally understood what was going on, and Seokmin and you couldn't stop smiling at each other. You were so happy to be reunited after 9 years, and so was Seokmin. Jeonghan nudged Seungkwan, and whispered something into his ear. Seungkwan nodded and passed the message onto Woozi, who passed it Joshua. Joshua's face changed into one of pure evil, and he fistbumped Woozi. "It is so on."

Seokmin and you had taken some time out to catch up, and you both laughed at each other's stories. "So, did you have a boyfriend while I wasn't around to look after you?" Seokmin prodded, and you shook your head. "I guess no one ever really caught my eye. What about you, Seokmin?" He smiled, reaching out for your hand.

"I couldn't stop thinking about the little girl who I promised to meet again."


16th November 2015

Seokmin had come over the next day, per Joshua's invitation. Joshua said he was going to bring you out to go to the zoo nearby, with Seokmin. You had dressed up pretty nicely, and Joshua couldn't help but grin. "Look at you, I never thought I'd see the day you dressed up for a boy." You smacked him, and turned your face away. Seokmin's eyes landed on you, and his jaw dropped. You looked so beautiful, he was starstruck. "Seokmin oppa, are you ready to go?" He snapped out of his trance and slid his hand into yours.

"I'll always be ready for you. Let's go!"

Joshua paid for the tickets at the booth, and all three of you got passes to go in. As you were walking around, distracted by all the animals, Seokmin was distracted looking at you. Joshua took this opportunity to sneak off, and texted you. You felt your phone buzz, and opened the text. "Seokmin oppa, Joshua said he'll be busy with something, so he left first." Seokmin tilted his head, then smiled. "That's fine with me."

"I always wanted to go on a date with you anyway."