Jeonghan: Rose Among the Thorns

Seventeen Oneshot Requests

"Don't wander too far, honey!" Your father called, as you strolled into a garden. You were visiting the house of one of your father's business partners, and they were about to start a meeting. Not wanting your presence, the owner of the house offered his garden for your viewing. You could care less about business, your older brother would take over the company anyway. Walking through a pavilion, you arrived at a small pond. Sitting on a nearby bench, you leaned back and sighed. Finally, a break from being around people. Your father tended to drag you around, to introduce you to potential 'business partners', where you would end up bound in a slave marriage contract.

After staring at the fish in the pond for a while, you noticed a small path on the other side of the garden. Your interest was piqued, and you stood up. Travelling along the path, you reached a garden full of roses. Reaching out to touch a white rose, you smiled. "These are really beautiful, I wonder who planted them."

"That would be me." A young man stepped out from behind the bushes, covered in leaves. "You did? My, what a mess." You attempted to brush off some of the dirt and leaves, but it did not help much. "Don't worry, I'll go get a change of clothes and be right back." You nodded, and sat on a large stone.

True to his words, he came back moments later, in a pristine white shirt, and brown pants. "My name's Jeonghan. It's lovely to meet you." He kissed your hand, and you smiled at him. "My name is-" Jeonghan interrupted you, saying, "I'm aware of who you are, my father informed me last night. I clearly wasn't prepared to meet you." He scratched the nape of his neck and you laughed. "It's perfectly fine, Jeonghan. We all have our moments, right?" He smiled, standing up. "Here, I'll show you the rest of the garden."

After an hour of touring the garden, you were sure you had fallen for the angel in front of you. He was everything a girl could want. Gentle, kind, and funny. "So, miss. It's been really nice talking to you. To be honest, I found myself taking interest in you, seeing as how we have so much in common." Jeonghan held your hands in his larger ones, and you couldn't help but blush. "I'd like to ask you out on a date." "Jeonghan, I-"

Feeling your purse vibrate, you looked down and opened it. "One moment, sorry." You turned away to pick up the call. "Hello, father? ..Ah, yes, I'll be there as soon as possible." Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Jeonghan glancing at his cell phone. Hanging up, you tapped Jeonghan on his shoulder. "I need to go, my father's asking me to go to the dining room to discuss.. Things."

"I'll come with you, I was asked to go too." Taking your hand in his, Jeonghan led you out the garden, and back into the manor.

"Father, I've come." Jeonghan walked in, with you by his side. "I take it you've met her already, then?" His father smiled. "Yes, father." "Good. Children, the two of us have decided that you will be married in December, to each other." Your eyes widened, and you tried not to stare at Jeonghan. "I have no objections." Jeonghan smiled, sliding his hand into yours.

"I like her anyway."