Vernon: My Cousin's Cousin

Seventeen Oneshot Requests

"I've been meaning to buy this for a while!" You picked up a copy of 17 Carat, and found someone else holding the other side of it. "Oh, sorry! I wanted to buy it too." You turned and found yourself staring at a handsome boy. "It's fine, here. I'll buy another copy." Letting him take the CD, you reached out for another. "That's cool, you like Seventeen too, then?" "I sure do! They're the best group around now." The guy nodded, and smiled. "Yeah, plus, this Vernon guy is really cool." You tilted your head to the side, "You kinda look like him." "I'll take that as a compliment, thanks!" He laughed.

"Well, I gotta go. By the way, my name's Choi Hansol! Don't you forget it. See you soon!" You waved to him as he headed to the counter to pay for his edition of 17 Carat. Picking up another album to examine it, you smiled. Choi Hansol was a pretty cool guy. Maybe I'll buy the Boys Be album too. Should I buy the Hide version or the Seek version? Decisions..

A week later, you found yourself all dressed up, sitting in the second row from the front at a church. Your cousin was getting married, and you were excited to see her all dolled up. Soon enough, she came in, fully in white. You smiled, trying not to laugh at the hoots coming from the back, as she walked down the aisle, a vision of beauty. The groom took her hand, and they said their vows. You swore you saw your aunt shed a tear at this. Her father went up to sign the wedding certificate, and the bride and groom were pronounced officially married.

The wedding ended soon after that, and you left for the lunch reception downstairs. Taking some food, you joined a cousin of yours at a table, talking about the latest family gossip, and bands. "Hey, mind if I sit here?" You looked up and saw the guy from the CD shop. "Hansol, right?" "Yeah! Glad you remembered, nice to see you again! So, how are you related to the bride and groom?" "Actually, I'm the bride's cousin. From the maternal side!" His eyes lit up, "Hey, I'm the bride's cousin from the paternal side! That's really cool. Nice to know I have some cool cousins around." Meanwhile, your cousin was sulking. "I'm forgotten.."

His mouth full of food, Hansol exclaimed, "Yeah, I love that too! We should catch the movie that's coming out soon, how about that?" You nodded, and he gave you his number. "Sweet, now we can keep in touch too." "Hansol!" You heard a voice calling him, and his eyes widened. "That must be my mom, I gotta go again! Sorry about that, but I'll see you soon?" He smiled at you, and ran off to find his mom. A few minutes later, you got a text.

Hansol: Can't wait until I get to see you next week! You're awesome, let's have a blast :)