PROLOGUE

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A rather small boat made out of paper floated peacefully on the water surface, following the slow current of the stream. It rocked unsteadily in the light breeze as it made its way over pebbles and rock under the bed of the stream. Tiny fishes followed the paper boat out of curiosity as they swam around it, occasionally nudging the paper boat with their heads. A few handwritten words were scribbled onto the side of the paper boat. They looked like something written by a little kid judging from the terrible handwriting. A pair of large eyes was following the paper boat floating down the stream as well, hoping that it could reach into the wide river without sinking to the bottom.

            The little boy bit his lower lip as he watched. His hands were clasped together, as if he was wishing upon a star. He knelt at the bank of the stream just outside his house. His eyes grew wide when he saw the paper boat almost reached the mouth of the river. He held his breath and lifted his head higher to have a better view. But within seconds, the paper boat torn and broke before his eyes, drenched with water and then sank to the bottom of the stream. The boy sat back and sighed in disappointment. He thought he could get used to it by now, since it was already the 20th time he had tried to get his paper boat across the stream and into the river.

            “Why do you always do that?”

            The little boy turned towards the voice and found himself staring at his friend from across his house. He brushed the sand off his clothes and shorts and stood up.

            “You knew for sure that the paper boat is going to sink anyway,” his friend continued. The boy sighed again as he walked towards his friend, putting his hand on his friend’s shoulder.

            “You’ll never know when it’ll actually reach the open river,” the boy flashed his friend a broad and bright smile. His friend only scoffed and pushed his hand away.

            “Stop messing around with this nonsense, Chanyeol,” his friend laughed, “Shouldn’t you be studying right now?”

            “That’s a very good question,” Chanyeol replied, “Shouldn’t you be studying too? So why are you here observing me with my nonsense?”

            “Well, I –” his friend was loss for words for th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter