CHAPTER 16

SAILBOATS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“We’re meant to be, Kyungsoo.”

            “Fate brought us together.”

            “Sagittarius and Capricorn.”

            “You and me.”

            Chanyeol’s voice echoed repeatedly inside of Kyungsoo’s head. He felt a warm hand on his cold cheek. The hand caressed his face gently and played with his hair. Kyungsoo smiled to himself. Everything felt so familiar. He opened his eyes. And there he was.

            “Chanyeol?”

            Kyungsoo stared at the man in front of him with wide eyes and opened mouth. He couldn’t contain his shock. Tears welled up in his eyes as he cried tears of joy. Kyungsoo grabbed Chanyeol’s hand in his. Chanyeol’s big hands closed around Kyungsoo’s protectively. He smiled warmly at Kyungsoo.

            “I’m here.”

            Kyungsoo swore that Chanyeol was glowing. It was as if there was a sun rising right behind Chanyeol. His cheeks inflated as he smiled. His gentle eyes bored into Kyungsoo’s, making him not able to look away. He looked radiant.

            Just like an angel, Kyungsoo thought as he touched Chanyeol’s glowing face.

            For the first time after he’d seen Chanyeol, Kyungsoo realized that he wasn’t in his boat anymore. He looked around and couldn’t believe his eyes. They were flying. Or rather, they were floating. They weren’t moving but still they’re a few feet away above the sea.

            “Do you like it?” Chanyeol asked suddenly as he slipped his hands into Kyungsoo’s. Kyungsoo turned around to see what Chanyeol was talking about. His eyes grew wide. The brightness almost blinded him. He squinted at the stars.

            “Capricorn and Sagittarius,” Chanyeol gestured at the constellations. It was the first time Kyungsoo had seen stars up close. The constellations were as big as a house as they stood right in front of them.

            “You and me,” Chanyeol turned around and smiled at Kyungsoo.

            “Fate brought us together...”

His voice echoed across the dark sky. Kyungsoo swallowed hard. It was too hard to believe that this was real. Sorrow crept into his heart and replaced the happiness that was there just a moment ago.

            “We’re meant to be, Kyungsoo…”

            That was the last thing Kyungsoo heard Chanyeol said before he started to fall backwards. His grip on Chanyeol’s hand loosened. And Chanyeol let go.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter